Fur, feathers are trends for fall - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

<<<<Munches crackers while watching Webbler dig his own grave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-16-2004, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieKitten View Post

I see a heck of a lot of fur at chain boutiques like Bebe and Guess. These stores cater to the 18-35 year old caucasian female market.

**I am not saying that there arent young white women who are stupid, indifferent or shallow. That's obvious.

But i admit I am going by what the media presents. It may very well be that they want to portray it along racial lines so that it discourages people from protesting it. This happened with the Makah whaling issue. They only presented two perspectives--that of the makah whalers and white people who were against it. They ignored the makah indians who were opposed to it(well, they had the problem that other members in their tribe threatened to kill them if they talked to the media but anyway..). From where I live--you only see older women or asian immigrants wearing it in full length. Fur trim could be real or not.

Enjoy those crackers!

#33 Old 02-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, South Florida is full of "white" money so I primarily see fur items worn by better-to-do white women. And in boutiques like moderately priced Bebe (and the fur trims are real) where it is more of a fashion trend (which trickles down from the designers at the top as in the article), it gets bought up. I live in an area that has its share of shallow people, but I honestly think that most do not realize the magnitude of cruelty and suffering the fur bearing animals are subject to. I once thought that the fur was some sort of by-product as with leather. I don't think that makes anyone stupid, just uneducated, as are many omni's when it comes to where their beef and chicken come from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-16-2004, 01:46 PM

I dont think rich people white or otherwise ever stopped wearing it.

In my area the big fur store here had to join forces with a cloth clothing store because they were losing money--but they are still around.

It just hasnt reverted back to the 1980s like they keep saying every year.

I meant to add ignorant to the list along with stupid, indifferent and shallow. Sorry.

#35 Old 03-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Banned

Fur looks ridiculous, but leather looks awesome.
#36 Old 03-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

To me, it only looks good on the animal it belongs to...
#37 Old 03-07-2004, 11:13 PM

My father was a wanna be pioneer. Born 100 years too late. He raised rabbits for food and fur. In my house if you were a boy, you learned to kill and skin a rabbit by the age of 12. My father would take a club and smack the rabbit on the head to kill it, then cut the head off and hang it upside down to let the blood drain out, take the guts out, then skin it. Anyways, I remember the first time my younger brother was supposed to learn how, I was 13 and my brother 12, my dad told him to club the rabbit and he did not want to. So he had him hold the rabbit down while he hit it. To make a long story short, it took atleast 3 or 4 hits to kill it, my brother was crying, my dad says "hold it still" as the bunny was struggling, I ran away after the second hit. Heard my dad yelling at my brother because he was too much of a pansy to kill the little rabbit etc...

No wonder I am a veg*n.

I live in Florida now, so I don't see many people in winter jackets around here, but can't stand to see anyone wear fur.
#38 Old 03-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

it seems to me, if they are gonna color the fur such unnatural colors, they should just use fake fur instead...?

Nec Aspera Terrent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page