Selling of Dog Meat Video in S. Korea-VERY GRAPHIC - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I just watched a video that showed VERY GRAPHIC images...dog meat, dog heads, animals being tortured, the horrible conditions of which they live...it was completely disgusting and it made me very sad..Please be AWARE that this is EXTREMELY GRAPHIC...

go to this link, I think that the video plays automatically, its the second one down, scroll down a bit. You can also hit the PLAY button.

Be aware that there are pictures on the page of a dog being hung and other pictures as well of animal abuse.

http://www.seoulsearching.com/DogMeat.html

this is from the site:

"Dog Meat

The purpose of this section of our Web site is to show people who are not familiar with Korean food, Seoul, and South Korea in general, what a dog meat farm is, what it looks like, what types of conditions the dogs being kept in such a farm live with, and to address the issue of people eating dog. We want to point out that many people in South Korea do not eat dog, do not like to eat dog, and would not eat dog if it were offered to them. Note: According to the Korean Society for the Protection of Animals, Koreans do go around in neighborhoods, find "edible" dogs, steal them and sell them for their meat. This is in Korea, we do not know of this going on outside of Korea. If you have a large dog with you in Korea, lock it up and keep it inside. It may be stolen, as dog meat is expensive."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow - that was really a good site. That guy really cares. I wasn't able to access the dog meat market video (I'll try when I get home).

I'll definately send this link around - while it's graphic and kind of disturbing, people need to see what's going on over there.

(p.s - I emailed him to let him know the petition link doesn't work)
#3 Old 01-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh I shouldn't have looked at those pictures, that made me sick ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-28-2004, 08:44 PM

meat is meat. a dog is no different than a cow or a chicken. these same graphic pics are whats happening to all other animals murdered for flesh. i dont see why people think its so gross eating dog flesh but eating a hamburger is acceptable.
#5 Old 01-28-2004, 08:47 PM

its called ethnocenturism. i think thats how u spell it ???
#6 Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybean View Post

meat is meat. a dog is no different than a cow or a chicken. these same graphic pics are whats happening to all other animals murdered for flesh. i dont see why people think its so gross eating dog flesh but eating a hamburger is acceptable.

Aha! Someone else feels exactly as I do on the subject. As I said in another post about dog meat in Korea, I lived in Korea for a year and knew this happened. the American GI's I worked with thought it was absolutely gross that koreans ate dog. But I had to keep asking, how are dogs really different than cows, pigs and chickens? What makes them more...or less precious.

It really isn't any different.

B
#7 Old 02-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I was at work the other day, and a guy was talking about how a friend of his neighboor is Korean, and owns a restuarant. He said the neighboor always had all these dogs in and out of his house. I know it's illegal in the United States to do such a practice. I've had nightmares for the past few days because I feel so badly for these dogs.
#8 Old 02-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

thats such a sad video, all though poor animals have no chance... Im suprised that guy wasnt physically harmed for what he's doing... He should be careful.
#9 Old 02-16-2004, 01:52 PM

It is different in one respect: eating meat from carnivores is not something that you find alot of in other species--especially not large mammalian quadrupeds. Tigers have been observed to do it on occassion but in principle its not seen as a good idea. As in its not healthy.

#10 Old 02-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

dogs aren't carnivores
#11 Old 02-16-2004, 07:50 PM

I know, omnivores.

They eat a good amount of meat though--and other matter. I assume the Koreans arent fussing about whether they are vegetarian dogs.

Not healthy to be eating them.

#12 Old 03-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Beginner

I just found this thread after I posted a similar one, sorry about that

I was just aware of this all today and I am in such shock. I have emailed everyone I know about it and even am writing a letter to the guy in SK.

I dont think any animal should be killed or tourtured senselessly your right in that area its not different but most of us think of dog as mans best friend and lots of have our own. It stricks a different chord. I mean I was showing people some animal cruelty stuff and this is the one they react most powerfully too. I am just lookin at my dog thinking, if someone stole him, I would probably kill them, regardless of what it cost. After all, he is my best friend, he is not dinner nor is any other dog and on the leaflet it states that 30% of these dog are stolen from their loving homes to be butchered.
#13 Old 03-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Veggie Regular

That was a really great site.

I wonder if the guy is vegetarian.
#14 Old 03-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybean View Post

I agree, a dog is no different than a cow or a chicken. Therefore i'm gona express my sadness, disgust and anger about it, just as i would for farm animals.

That video was hard to watch, the woman on that stall was such a heartless ***** You really can never understand the extent to which these things are happening. We are one f**ked up race.
#15 Old 03-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Very good documentary and website.

I agree on the meat is meat issue - but the presenter was showing us the conditions the animals are kept in and the ways in which they are killed. Id rather no animals die - but at least Western countries enforce animal cruelty laws.
#16 Old 04-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

People I know get so sentimental over dogs. For example, when talking about the Korean dog meat market ("Those poor dogs!"), or how Hitler tested poisons on his dog before committing suicide ("Poor dog, how could he do that?"). I'm not a big animal-lover, but I still think in the meat-is-meat mindset.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page