8Likes
  • 4 Post By Ashutosh Martolia
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By Jamie in Chile
  • 1 Post By H_SPrincess
  • 1 Post By sanjeev nayak

#1 Old 06-10-2016, 08:19 AM

Hi i am new here

Hi all, i am from new delhi india and i am new over here. So would love to hear soon from others.... Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

hello
#3 Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM

Welcome!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 08-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

welcome I am in Chile! Just about the opposite side of the world from you.
#6 Old 08-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
I love that about Veggieboards. There are people from all over the world.

So Jaime, what's a favorite Chilean dish of yours?

And @Ashutosh Martolia, what Indian dish do you want to share?

I live in Florida, US, and tonight we are having pinto bean chili and spicy cornbread with fresh corn kernels in, (6 ears/$1!). Also a chopped lettuce and veggies salad with fresh lemon juice and avocado as a dressing. And black pepper, suddenly I am liking it on every thing![/QUOTE]
Naturebound likes this.

Last edited by LedBoots; 08-09-2016 at 05:04 PM.
#7 Old 08-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Ah, but in South America animal foods are in everything. What can I share as a vegan dish? Hard to think. The classics here are things like meat barbecues, meat+salad, hot dogs, and pasties (never found a vegan one apart from one I had custom made for me, always have cheese or meat otherwise). Just when I think I've found something vegan it has an egg in it. People often just have bread and ham and cheese, perhaps with a cup of tea for dinner.

However my wife can make me some nice vegetable lasagnes, pasta with veg and peppers, sandwiches with avocado and salad (avocado is big here), I enjoy soy burgers and chips, all sorts really, but nothing elaborate or particularly Chilean. I'd say South America is probably one of the harder regions of the world to be vegan in.
#8 Old 08-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
Hi Jamie,

There are 29 vegetarian restaurants within 10 miles of Santiago! https://www.happycow.net/searchmap?l...egetarian=true

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#9 Old 08-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Ah, I was at number 5 Arte Vegetal just yesterday buying some chocolate, cheese, sausages and my lunch. It's not a restaurant but a little shop, it was doing some brisk business yesterday, perhaps as I dropped in at lunch time and there seemed to be a lot of office workers around. I'll try and go in a quieter time on the next visit, I like to speak to the guy who works there for 5 minutes when I go in, as he is the only vegan I have had a meaningful conversation with in person since I became (mostly) vegan. Every product in the shop is vegan, which is nice, not having to ask or read ingredients or whatever. Only place I've found where that is true. The sausages say on the packet that they are something like 70% or 80% protein, which is the proteiny food I've ever heard of.

Number 16 the Vegan Bunker I can recommend if you are in Santiago, although it's mostly in the middle of nowhere.

Santiago is an hour away though, I would not go that far for a restaurant though, I would spend at least £10 on petrol and toll roads and parking alone, and all of those restaurants are in Santiago. Although I do eat at places like that very occasionally if I am in Santiago anyway. Any big city anywhere in the world is going to have vegan or at least vegetarian restaurants, but in Latin America you are going to be much more restricted in a smaller town.
Dilettante likes this.
#10 Old 11-07-2016, 09:19 AM

hi everyone,

i am in banglore india,
you can get vegetarian food everywhere here.
#11 Old 11-07-2016, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Every product in the shop is vegan, which is nice, not having to ask or read ingredients or whatever. Only place I've found where that is true. The sausages say on the packet that they are something like 70% or 80% protein, which is the proteiny food I've ever heard of.

That's great, Jamie, that you have a shop in Chile that's 100% vegan. Oddly, I don't believe there is a shop anywhere in the Chicago metropolitan area that is 100% vegetarian, much less 100% vegan. There are some restaurants, but no shops to be stuff to cook at home.
#12 Old 11-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Cute fluff

Welcome! Hope you bring some new recipe ideas
sanjeev nayak likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come visit me at
- new weekly content about health, weightloss, fitness and lifestyle. I'd love to read your comments! ♥
#13 Old 11-19-2016, 10:54 PM

i am so happy ..to see so many veggie and vegan peoples here
David3 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page