VB Star of the Week: Tiger Lilly! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 01-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post

Hi Tiger Lilly

Your house is on fire. On your way out, you're able to grab 2 items. What would you grab?  (Don't worry, all boyfriends, friends, relatives, companion animals safely made it outside.)

Lv

Only two?!
That's a really, incredibly hard question. Luckily, I tend to wear my jewellery to bed so that would just be a given that it's already on me. So....

The fake tooth from the set of Hogfather and my Vorpal Blade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Impeach the gangster

You're stranded on an island. With about 23-million other people. It's called Australia. Suddenly, a ship appears on the horizon. How do you signal it, so you can all be rescued?

P.S.- You don't have to answer this if you don't want to! :)

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#33 Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

You're stranded on an island. With about 23-million other people. It's called Australia. Suddenly, a ship appears on the horizon. How do you signal it, so you can all be rescued?

P.S.- You don't have to answer this if you don't want to! :)

LOL!

It would have to be a pretty big ship to rescue all of us :P

Depending on the resources we have, would depend on what I'd use.

If we're on a beach, where there's loads of birds, I'd Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade-style it. By scaring the birds off the beach and hopefully drawing the attention of the ship.

If we had balloons, particularly red ones, or even kites. I think I would tie them all together and send them up in the air (grounding them though, so they didn't float away) in an attempt to draw attention. Obviously, there would need to be a number of rows of balloons or kites to draw attention to where we were.

But, if we were REALLY stranded, then I think smoke signals would be the best bet.  We'd just have to be super careful, because Australia has the tendency to burn quickly (every year, at around this time....)

But even if it did see us, there's nothing to say our politicians wouldn't suddenly start yelling about boat people and send the rescue ship to some off shore facility somewhere. Then they'd blame our national broadcaster for not reporting their version of events.... :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

What do you think about Steve Irwin? Had he more positive or negative impact?

#35 Old 02-01-2014, 01:36 PM

Greetings Tiger Lily,

Which came first the Vegan or the Vegetarian ? I shall leave you to ponder that for a while whilst I play some music,Rum ti tum...tiddle de pom...Got the answer yet ? Ready for another one ? How much of our veganism is predetermined and how much of our vegertarianism can we influence through choice ? More music ? Tiddle, tiddle,pom,pompom.......

Stay Happy

#36 Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post

The fake tooth from the set of Hogfather and my Vorpal Blade.

That has to be the most surreal answer I've ever seen on VB :wayne:

X-box or Playstation?

#37 Old 02-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you like Marmite?
#38 Old 02-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

What do you think about Steve Irwin? Had he more positive or negative impact?

While I never really liked to watch him in the wild with animals, I think his message was good. A lot of people didn't quite seem to 'get it' though. I'm sure, more than once, he'd say "This animal is going to be angry with me and they deserve to be, because I'm in THEIR space". A lot of people just seem to see him as some crazy Jackass style dude who played with crocodiles.

But I think his impact was a good one and his daughter, Bindi, comes across as a very eloquent young lady (which is weird, because we've all seen her grow up from a very young kid).

#39 Old 02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman10 View Post

Greetings Tiger Lily,

Which came first the Vegan or the Vegetarian ? I shall leave you to ponder that for a while whilst I play some music,Rum ti tum...tiddle de pom...Got the answer yet ? Ready for another one ? How much of our veganism is predetermined and how much of our vegertarianism can we influence through choice ? More music ? Tiddle, tiddle,pom,pompom.......

Stay Happy

Historically? Probably the vegan, in various forms.

The Cathars were vegan, the Daoists would have subscribed to a number of vegan 'attributes'. I'm not sure where the Pythagoreans came in the timeline, but I dare say they'd probably be closer to vegan than vegetarian with the way they lived.

But I think maybe up until recent history, there's always been a bit of a grey area surrounding the line between vegan and vegetarian, so it's hard to say which came before the other. It's taken time for humans to realise just how sentient animals are and just how harmful we can be.

I don't know how much of our veganism is predetermined because I'm not one. But, if I take the meaning of 'predetermined' to mean how much of this is decided by fate or destiny? Then I'd say it has some part to play in it. The way I was brought up made going vegetarian a logical choice, without my upbringing, I may not have chosen vegetarianism.

As for how much we influence through choice? Our own choices? I don't know. I'd love to believe that by me just being a good, quiet, vegetarian that it would influence my friends. But it doesn't and hasn't. Only talking about what I've seen and what's going on, seems to ever encourage people to at least ask why they eat meat.

#40 Old 02-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

That has to be the most surreal answer I've ever seen on VB :wayne:

X-box or Playstation?

I have a 360 and a PS4. I preferred Playstation's reveal at E3 to the drivel of the Xbox One, which was a huge shock for me because I've been a Microsoft fangirl for most of my gaming life. Though, I do enjoy PC games as well.

#41 Old 02-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanspud View Post

Do you like Marmite?

I think I had it once. I wasn't too won over by it.

But I LOVE Vegemite!

#42 Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Would you consider starring in one of Durianrider or Freelea's YouTube videos? They were an early inspiration for me in my beginning vegan days.
#43 Old 02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Impeach the gangster

Is your first name Catherine?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#44 Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Would you consider starring in one of Durianrider or Freelea's YouTube videos? They were an early inspiration for me in my beginning vegan days.

I've seen their youtube clips, but no.

While I think being healthy is one of the best ways for us to advocate a veg*n lifestyle, I doubt their regime would suit me from what I've heard about it. I'm not nearly as active as either one of them and fruit tends to do nasty things to me when I eat too much of it. So, on that alone, I think I'd be a pretty bad person to star in their videos :P

Plus, fruit can be incredibly expensive here and I love cooking. Like, really, really love it. I could never stick to a raw food diet for any length of time. I'd crumble.

#45 Old 02-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Is your first name Catherine?

No. But I've known a few.

#46 Old 02-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Impeach the gangster

Are you Julia?

#47 Old 02-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Tiger Lilly smiley.gif would your name happen to be Elizabeth?
#48 Old 02-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Are you Julia?

Julia? No, definitely not Julia!

#49 Old 02-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Hi Tiger Lilly smiley.gif would your name happen to be Elizabeth?

Nope, but I know quite a few of those too!

#50 Old 02-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Impeach the gangster

Sophia?

#51 Old 02-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

hmmmm.... is it Millicent ?
#52 Old 02-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Neither of those two :P

But great names. I like them.

#53 Old 02-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Impeach the gangster

Anne...?

#54 Old 02-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Lol Kate? smiley.gif
#55 Old 02-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Victoria?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#56 Old 02-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Beatrice?
#57 Old 02-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post

I've seen their youtube clips, but no.

While I think being healthy is one of the best ways for us to advocate a veg*n lifestyle, I doubt their regime would suit me from what I've heard about it. I'm not nearly as active as either one of them and fruit tends to do nasty things to me when I eat too much of it. So, on that alone, I think I'd be a pretty bad person to star in their videos :P

Plus, fruit can be incredibly expensive here and I love cooking. Like, really, really love it. I could never stick to a raw food diet for any length of time. I'd crumble.

I understand. Durianrider would beat me silly cycling or running, I'd still like to try keeping up one of these days.

What's your favorite dish to cook?
#58 Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I love all of these name suggestions!

But no. :P

Quote:

I understand. Durianrider would beat me silly cycling or running, I'd still like to try keeping up one of these days.

What's your favorite dish to cook?

Favourite?

That's a hard one because I love cooking just about everything and it depends on the day as to which one is my favourite.

It would probably be pizza because it's the easiest to put together and you can have so much variety with it.

I love making Vegemite and cheese pizzas because they're super easy (though, in January I made Vegemite and not-cheese, which is going to take over from my usual Vegemite and cheese). But any pizza is good pizza.

beanspud likes this.
#59 Old 02-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Is your name Mary? Maggie? Maisie? Daisy? Lily? Emily? Diana? Agatha?

I have a whole vocabulary, so it will be better for everyone if you confess your true name right away wink3.gif

#60 Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Tiger Lilly. You're the cat's pajamas. 

Vorpal blade? Do you collect swords or other types of weapons? 

Aristede:book: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page