VB Star of the Week: Yingchen! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Impeach the gangster

Do you like amusement parks? Are there any good ones where you live?

If a movie were made about your life, what actor should play Yingchen?

Have you ever considered running for public office?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Is it true that chewing gum is not allowed in Singapore?

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#33 Old 01-23-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Do you like amusement parks? Are there any good ones where you live?

If a movie were made about your life, what actor should play Yingchen?

Have you ever considered running for public office?

Yes, I do like amusement parks. Nope, no good ones where I live. There's Universal Studios Singapore, but the only unique ride it has is Battlestar Galactica, which has been closed indefinitely.

Oh, gee, I don't... I really don't know how to answer this one. Maybe it's because most of the Hollywood actors I know are white, and I don't ever want to be played by a non-asian. But I don't really know any asian actors either. Yep, sorry, I don't know how to answer this one. :sweat:

As in, get involved in politics? Nope. I tend to say that opposition parties in Singapore are really noble because they can dislike the PAP and dislike how Singapore has been transformed by the PAP's rule, but still love Singapore in spite of it. I'm not like that. Certain aspects of Singapore I like, but I could never run this country. Also, people electing a vegan? In Singapore? What are you smoking? :lol: 

Check out my blog,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 01-23-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Is it true that chewing gum is not allowed in Singapore?

Yes, it's true. Only prescribed dental gum is allowed. It happened when I was 10, so I don't really remember the hoohah, but whenever I went overseas my parents would buy me chewing gum, saying that it was our only chance to have it. Oh well, I don't miss chewing gum.

Check out my blog,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#35 Old 01-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Given the choice of either Chow Yun Fat (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, the Replacement Killers) or Jet Li (Fearless, Unleashed), who would play you in your life movie?
#36 Old 01-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanspud View Post

Given the choice of either Chow Yun Fat (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, the Replacement Killers) or Jet Li (Fearless, Unleashed), who would play you in your life movie?

Probably Chow Yun-fat, because Jet Li is most only known for his action/martial artsy roles, while Chow Yun-fat has a more varied filmography.

But speaking of martial arts, I think that EVERYONE needs to watch the movie Shaolin Soccer at least once (SUB NOT DUB). That was definitely one of my favourite films, growing up. Oh god, that was such a hilarious movie. So much better than Western slapstick IMO.

Here's a clip for anyone who's interested.

Check out my blog,
#37 Old 01-23-2014, 07:06 PM

Omg, this film makes me sooo nostalgic. Here's another great clip:

60225 likes this.

Check out my blog,
#38 Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

Probably Chow Yun-fat, because Jet Li is most only known for his action/martial artsy roles, while Chow Yun-fat has a more varied filmography.

But speaking of martial arts, I think that EVERYONE needs to watch the movie Shaolin Soccer at least once (SUB NOT DUB). That was definitely one of my favourite films, growing up. Oh god, that was such a hilarious movie. So much better than Western slapstick IMO.

Here's a clip for anyone who's interested.

I would choose Chow Yun-fat too. Shaolin Soccer, nice!
#39 Old 01-23-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanspud View Post

I would choose Chow Yun-fat too. Shaolin Soccer, nice!

Wait, are you asian too? Or do you mean that you would chose Chow Yun-fat if you were me?

Check out my blog,
#40 Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

Wait, are you asian too? Or do you mean that you would chose Chow Yun-fat if you were me?
No, my roots are solidly British. I tried to say that if I was given the choice of Chow Yun-fat or Jet Li, I would choose Chow. It would be strange and humorous being played by a non-European, but given the choice of just the two it would be him. Otherwise I'd most favor Edward Norton.
#41 Old 01-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

What was the most dangerous or disgusting thing you had to eat?

#42 Old 01-25-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

What was the most dangerous or disgusting thing you had to eat?

Well, this IS a veg forum... so I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind when you ask this question :eek:

The most disgusting thing I've eaten are probably the pancakes I screwed up.

What is the most dangerous or disgusting thing YOU had to eat?

Check out my blog,
#43 Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't quite understand why, am I that trollish? sad.gif Even when we don't want to talk about our past meat experiences here, there are many poisonous plants, that are eaten especially in Asia, like gingko biloba, hyacinths, mushrooms, etc. so I was curious if you ate any and if you liked it wink3.gif

In my previous life I ate many disgusting dishes, as for vegetarian dish it would be a spinach cooked in sour cream, or anything with hot cow's milk sweatdrop.gifdizzy2.gifspew.gif

#44 Old 01-25-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

I don't quite understand why, am I that trollish? sad.gif Even when we don't want to talk about our past meat experiences here, there are many poisonous plants, that are eaten especially in Asia, like gingko biloba, hyacinths, mushrooms, etc. so I was curious if you ate any and if you liked it wink3.gif

In my previous life I ate many disgusting dishes, as for vegetarian dish it would be a spinach cooked in sour cream, or anything with hot cow's milk sweatdrop.gifdizzy2.gifspew.gif

Nah, nothing like that. Some aspects of TCM are bat**** crazy, so maybe that's what you had in mind (it's also very vegan-unfriendly though), but I don't use TCM. The closest I'll ever get to TCM is tiger balm (which is vegan I think). Tiger balm is awesome though! You can use it for EVERYTHING. Muscle ache, colds, sprains, insect bites, heat rash...

Check out my blog,
#45 Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Impeach the gangster

Time is up for this interview. Thank you, Yingchen, for sharing your celebrity, and thanks to all who joined in the interrogation, er... interviewing! Be sure and check out the new VB Star of the Week, Tiger Lilly!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page