VB Star of the Week: leedsveg! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Do you still believe in ghosts, even though you are an atheist?

No but Jean (Mrs Leedsveg) had a ghost in her room when she was on holiday in Minehead, Devon with 2 friends in 1975. They'd not been at the guest-house where they were staying very long when Jean heard a breathing sound coming from her empty bed. When Jean told her friends about the sound, they could hear it too. Eventually Jean put a Gideon Bible on her bed and the breathing sound immediately moved to the larger bed in the room. When she put the Bible on the larger bed, the breathing sound moved back to Jean's bed. The 3 lasses crammed into the larger bed and eventually managed to get to sleep. In the morning when they told the owner what had happened, he gave them another room without commenting.

Did you ever see The Beatles perform live during the 1960's?

Personally no but Jean saw them perform in her home town of Bradford in the mid 60s. She saw them but never actually heard them because as soon as they came on stage, she was on her seat screaming her head off as were the rest of the audience.

Did you ever meet Donald Watson?

No (and neither did Jean). I would have liked to have met him to ask him what he thought about the issues of bivalves, artificial meat and many other topics that have cropped up on this forum. I'm proud that he was from Yorkshire, I think he was born only 10 miles away from where I was born although he was of course born over 30 years earlier than me. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Ian, my favorite novelist grew up in Sheffield. Did you ever meet Margaret Drabble?

#33 Old 08-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Kennedy View Post

Ian, my favorite novelist grew up in Sheffield. Did you ever meet Margaret Drabble?

No, I never did meet her. But Sheffield does have a population of 1/2 million, she's 7 years older than me and I suspect that she left Sheffield when I was a schoolboy.

Joe Cocker, Sean Bean, Michael Palin and Pete Stringfellow are all from Sheffield but alas, I've met none of them. (Stringfellow even went to my junior school, Pye Bank.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Impeach the gangster

Thank you, Sir Ian, for a most interesting interview! And kudos to our interviewers, for joining in! Leedsveg has selected Joan Kennedy to be our next VB Star!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page