VB Star of the Week: Aristede! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchen View Post

1. Does it bother you when people spell words rong?

2. What's the first thing you notice about a girl?

3. What do you think people think about you?

1. I do find it irritating when people misspell words, especially since this particular forum has a spell check function. huh.gif

2. The first thing I notice is hair. I love hair. Then I notice the eyes. wink3.gif

3. I've never been a person to care what people think of me, but I have some idea. In general, most people think I'm pretty smart , helpful, a bit anal, arrogant, opinionated, generous, and goofy. 

Aristedebook2.gif 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

1. Do you wear hats a lot?

2. When was the last time you laughed out loud to yourself just for the sheer joy of whatever you were doing?

3. Can you sing?

4. Would you like a slice of the courgette-banana-chocolate cake I baked yesterday? I'm about to have some grin.gif

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#33 Old 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post

1. Do you wear hats a lot?

2. When was the last time you laughed out loud to yourself just for the sheer joy of whatever you were doing?

3. Can you sing?

4. Would you like a slice of the courgette-banana-chocolate cake I baked yesterday? I'm about to have some grin.gif

1. I do actually! I have four fedoras/chapeaus, though I don't wear my blue one anymore since I don't like it. haha. I also have 3 baseball caps: A Habitat for Humanity one (my fav), a Chicago White Sox cap, and a NHS (National Honor Society) one from high school (I don't wear this one anymore, but keep it for the memories).

2. I was watching some Bill Cosby stand-up on YouTube with my father a couple of days ago. We both were laughing so hard at the stand-up where he gets a car from Carol Shelby's Cobra Corporation that did over 200 mph. We have lots of laughs together.

3. I can sing, mostly in the classical style. I used to be a tenor, but my voice has dropped, so I'm more of a high baritone now.

4. Yes, I would! Please shrink-wrap it and send on the next flight to Chicago! j/k. I'll just go to your blog and find the recipe. 

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

1. If I could tell you the exact day, time, and manner in which you would die, would you like to know?

2. Which letter of the alphabet describes you the best and why?

3. What childhood toy do you miss the most?
#35 Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

1. If I could tell you the exact day, time, and manner in which you would die, would you like to know?

2. Which letter of the alphabet describes you the best and why?

3. What childhood toy do you miss the most?

1. No, life is not meant to be lived in fear of what may come; instead life is meant to be cherished and the hope of tomorrow brings comfort for dealing with the unknown. 

2. I like the letter V. It Has two oblique line segments that met; at that vertex, the sum becomes more than the parts.

3. I used to have a Chicago Bulls teddy bear. I really don't know what happened to it, since I've moved a few times. I've never been a fan of basketball really, but I liked that teddy bear. It came equipped with a uniform and a ball that would stick to the bear's hand via velcro. Over time, I got tired of the bear's clothes, and just took them off and I gave the ball to the cats. I carried that naked bear everywhere with me and gradually he began to lose much of his stuffing. I think he may be in a box in my parent's house somewhere, but I haven't come across him. Either way, I have great memories of that teddy bear. Oh, I named him "Pookie" just like Garfield (the cat) named his teddy bear "Pookie" in the comic strip.

I really like that last question. It brought back some good memories.

Aristedebook2.gif

#36 Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

1. What three things in nature do you find most beautiful?

2. Is it harder for you to tell someone you love them or that you don't love them back?

3. What nicknames did you have growing up?
#37 Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Aristede! smiley.gif

If you were super rich how would you spend your money and why?

Do you sing in the shower?
#38 Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

1. What three things in nature do you find most beautiful?

2. Is it harder for you to tell someone you love them or that you don't love them back?

3. What nicknames did you have growing up?

1. Rivers: They are simply beautiful; flowing water is lovely. Forests: I love forests; trees are awesome. Fields of flowers; so pretty! 

2. It's definitely hard to tell someone that you don't love them, in my opinion. I've had to do that once and it's never pleasant. At the same time, I'm pretty careful about who I say I love.

3. My mother's nickname for me is Winkie. My dad calls me Big Man. ^_^,; I was affectionately called the Dough Boy in elementary school (love that); and in high school, I was known as The Professor for my erudite manner and the fact that I wore slacks, cardigans/vests, and button-up shirts everyday. 

Aristedebook2.gif

#39 Old 08-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Hi Aristede! smiley.gif

If you were super rich how would you spend your money and why?

Do you sing in the shower?

1. Good question. I've never been interested in being rich, but if I suddenly became rich, I'd do several things. I'd pay off my parent's mortgage and renovate their condo to their specifications and maybe even buy them a different place if they wanted it. I'd also pay off all of my student loans, commercial debt, and buy myself a house. In fact I'd buy houses for my sisters as well. I'd definitely pay off my family members' debt too. They've been really good to me. Then I'd give money to my classical music station WFMT 98.7, vegetarian societies, humane societies (we have several local ones in Chicago that are great), and I'd also use my money to support lobbyist to Congress to push healthier lifestyles (including vegetarianism).

Last but not least, I'd fly all of my VB buddies into Chicago for a swanky dinner party! 

2. Yes, I do sing in the shower! ^_^. Sometimes I'll sing jazz, other times an aria from an oratorio or even an opera (though I'm not a huge opera fan). Occasionally, I'll break into a pop tune in the shower too.

Aristedebook2.gif

#40 Old 08-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Last but not least, I'd fly all of my VB buddies into Chicago for a swanky dinner party! 

VB shall remember that.
Aristede and 4everaspirit like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#41 Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Impeach the gangster

Have you ever invented anything?

When you sing in the shower, do you take requests? (I'd like to hear, 'Round Midnight.)

What is your favorite kind of shoe?

Did you ever do military service?

If you could go back in time (and place) for a visit, when/where would you go?

If you were a novelist, what sort of stories would you write?

yingchen likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#42 Old 08-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

If you were like Worzel Gummidge * and had several heads you could swap around, what would they be called "_____ head" "_____ head" "_____ head" 

* see more here:

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#43 Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Have you ever invented anything?

When you sing in the shower, do you take requests? (I'd like to hear, 'Round Midnight.)

What is your favorite kind of shoe?

Did you ever do military service?

If you could go back in time (and place) for a visit, when/where would you go?

If you were a novelist, what sort of stories would you write?

1. Excuses.... haha. No, I'm not much of an innovator in the sense of inventions, but I have composed music for piano and organ before, so that counts.

2. Well, only certain people get to be in the shower with me, but if you don't mind listening behind a drawn curtain, then surely I could warm my voice up for 'Round Midnight. sneaky.gif

3. I like those casual dress shoes that you can wear with jeans and also with suit and tie. I'm trying to find shoes without leather that I don't have to have custom made, but it's harder finding a wider width shoe that isn't made from leather. The brand that I wear most often are Hush Puppies. I've really been trying to get into sneakers (like the Converse sneakers, not running shoes) because I think they're cool, but those shoes are usually way too flat for me. So I'm trying to find a happy medium! 

4. I have never done military service, but I appreciate the efforts and sacrifices of those that have.

5.That's a really hard question! There are so many different places! But I have a clever response for you! Since you didn't specify dimensions or alternate realities, I'd travel to meet Doctor Who and then he could take me almost anywhere and anytime that I wanted! cool3.gif

6. Believe it or not, I'm not good at writing stories at all. I'm excellent at writing research papers and similar informational pieces, but novels and short stories require a level of creation that I never really tapped into. If I could write novels, they would definitely be sci-fi (Like Lord of the Rings or the Star Trek novels) or maybe even mysteries. 

Aristedebook2.gif

#44 Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

If you were like Worzel Gummidge * and had several heads you could swap around, what would they be called "_____ head" "_____ head" "_____ head" 

* see more here:

Silly head, sinister head, naughty head, chatty head

Aristedebook2.gif

#45 Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Silly head, sinister head, naughty head, chatty head

Aristedebook2.gif

Ooh err! You have a 'sinister head'? 

evil.gif

*is intrigued*

Aristede likes this.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#46 Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

1. What would be a question that you'd be afraid to tell the truth on?

2. What's your favorite expletive?

3. What's the name of the ringtone on your cell phone?
#47 Old 08-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

1. What would be a question that you'd be afraid to tell the truth on?

2. What's your favorite expletive?

3. What's the name of the ringtone on your cell phone?

1. None. If a question was asked, I'd tell the truth.

2. I don't have one as I rarely curse.

3. I had to think about this one, since I rarely hear my ringtone (my phone is almost always on silent. I don't like the sounds of ringing phones). I have a HTC Inspire and the ringtone is called Cobblestone but it sounds like a Japanese-dance music fusion piece.

Aristedebook2.gif

#48 Old 08-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Hiiiii Aristede! smiley.gif

Have you ever wished on a star?

Have you ever ice skated?

Do you dream in colour? (HD) ???? Ha!
#49 Old 08-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Hiiiii Aristede! smiley.gif

Have you ever wished on a star?

Have you ever ice skated?

Do you dream in colour? (HD) ???? Ha!

Hiya, lp! 

1. I've never wished upon a star, though I hear it brings good luck. I do love stars though. Astronomy is one of my interests. 

2. I find professional ice skating thrilling (esp. during the Winter Olympics), but I've never done it myself. Though it's different, I did go roller skating one day. It was not successful....

3. Lately I haven't been remembering my dreams, though past dreams have been in color and black and white.

Aristedebook2.gif

#50 Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Impeach the gangster

That's all for now, peoples! Thank you, Aristede and everyone who participated in a great interview! Ari has chosen lavender phase to the new VB Star!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page