And today's outstanding member... everyone! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Zelda Freak

As long time members know, we experienced a lot of VB changes last year - including many folks leaving VB last summer. The loss of members meant fewer voices here at VB spreading news and tips about vegetarian and vegan issues, plus fewer members to interact, debate and communicate with, which of course isn't ideal.

However, over the last 6 months, we've seen some very positive growth in the VB community. This July we grew in size by 25% as compared to last July - which is a big leap! This leap is due to our current members being active on the site, some of our mods participating on VB's Facebook and everyone continuing to offer great advice to new members who are sticking around more than not.  

I just wanted to point out that a 25% growth on any site is a huge deal, and as a community we should feel proud that we're not just thriving but spreading information about vegetarian and vegan issues to a wider range of people. That's a great accomplishment!

From the rest of the VB team (and me) I just wanted to say I appreciate all of our active, informative community members - and I'm sure all the animals (such as the cutie above) thank you too. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

25% that's awesome. There are some really great posters involved in really interesting - and civil - discussions about at the moment, including newcomers as well as returnees. I also think Jennifer C deserves a pat on the back too. Great approachable admin with a real personal investment in the site and membership! 

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#3 Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 AM

Thanks for letting us know about the increase, it's great to hear. Of course it's also lovely to have such an encouraging message to all VB members. I love this community. 

monicas likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Good to know!!

Cow <3

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

I also think Jennifer C deserves a pat on the back too. Great approachable admin with a real personal investment in the site and membership! 

I second the motion! thumbsup.gif

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#6 Old 08-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

I second the motion! thumbsup.gif

I know a second is all that's needed to carry a motion, but nevertheless, I'd like to third it!  Thanks, JenniferC, and all of the mods for working so hard to make this a great place full of good information and good friendships.  I'm relatively new here, but in just the short time I've been around, you all have made me feel right at home. 

So... YAY EVERYONE!!! hamster.gif

monicas likes this.
#7 Old 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Zelda Freak

Well, now I guess I have to take back every bad thing I've said about all of you.... 

TOTALLY KIDDING. 

Honestly, you guys are really nice. I was having a suck day week. Like the kind of suck where you listen to the same depressing songs over and over. Now my day is so much better!  smitten.gif

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#8 Old 08-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Jennifer, this is fantastic news! I know how hard you are working behind the scenes, so do know that it's definitely appreciated! Let's all keep working hard to make VB even better tomorrow than it already is today. 

Aristedebook2.gif

Jennifer C likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#9 Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yay! carrot.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#10 Old 08-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I offer up an Irish toast on this happy occasion.

May VBs future troubles be as few and far between as my Grandmother's teeth!
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#11 Old 08-01-2013, 02:03 PM

this is waaaay positive! up the compassionate!

Capstan and Werewolf Girl like this.
#12 Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchen View Post

I offer up an Irish toast on this happy occasion.

May VBs future troubles be as few and far between as my Grandmother's teeth!

I'll drink to that! beer.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#13 Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Hurray!  I love this site for the diversity of people here.  It challenges us and keeps us from getting too complacent, but also provides support from a variety of angles.  I belong to a few other vegan forums and love them too but none are as active as this forum.  I think the more broad focus and the sheer amount of information here draws more people in and that is a good thing!

Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#14 Old 08-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

One more voice for the motion !

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#15 Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

That's pretty exciting

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page