VB Star of the Week: 4everaspirit! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Impeach the gangster

It's time to meet and greet 4everaspirit, our next VB Star of the Week! 4ever is a long-time member, having joined VB in January, 2011, and is also a member of our Content Team!

Our simple rules-

-Please ask only a few questions at a time, so everyone has a chance to participate. (You can come back often to ask more questions!)

-Anyone can be a VB Star. If you would like to be a VB Star, just send me a PM, and we'll arrange to get you into the hot-seat! In the event no one comes forward, it will be up to our current Star to choose next week's victim, er, interviewee. If you're asked to be a Star, but don't want to be one, you may take a pass; likewise, the current Star is free to pass on any questions they are not comfortable with answering.

-Please keep our posting rules in mind, and let's keep this PG-13 or better. And remember, if our current famous person expresses an opinion with which you disagree, please do not give an argument in return. This is an interview, not a debate!

NOTE- If you'd like to read about our previous Stars (they go back several years,) all of their interviews are archived in the Meet Outstanding Users forum!

Our new Celebrity has already answered a few questions for us!

Quote:
-Real first name? Private

-Age? Private (though I have through it around a few times. You could make a good estimate since I'm in college)

-Sex/Gender Identity? Female

-Relationship status? Single, but looking for some sweet guys who give a damn about animals <3

-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being)? United States

-Religious beliefs (or lack thereof)? Agnostic

-Political leanings? Mostly liberal

-Are you a vegetarian, vegan or raw foodist (or something else)? Vegan

-What is the meaning behind your username? In my belief system, when we die we can choose to pick another life to go into. We are forever pure, and awesome spirits out to explore infinite worlds, galaxies, and life forms. :)

-Have you ever met anyone famous? No. I have met a few famous people in regards to organizations. I have met John Camp from Vegan Outreach when I tabled with him at an event.  He's super cool :) Oh oh wait, I did meet someone running for an office of sorts....can't remember her name. She was too conservative for me. I don't think she won. I'd really like to meet some more awesome animal rights activists. Those people are my, and the animals' heroes <3

-Do you live with any companion animals? No. I had an adopted fish (5 gallon tank, 2 caves, 7 fake plants, colorful gravel), but she died recently from a bacterial illness that I misdiagnosed and had given her the wrong treatment for. Looking into the option of adopting another one.....they're somewhat hard to find on adoption sites.

-Do you live with any companion humans?  Just my family, and technically my roommate when I go back to college.

-Where is your favorite place that you have visited? I visited the little suburbs (I think? I was like 12 and just following my parents wherever they went lol) around London, England and I loved them! The style of houses I thought was quaint and not overly gaudy. I guess a lot of people could tell we weren't British and they would ask us where we were from. Everyone in the shops, especially in the bakeries was sooooo nice, much more so than in America I think. Nice old ladies :) They also had FRESH BREAD everyday in the shops. You could smell the difference compared to America. It smelled so yummy and gluteny The swans also tended to want some, and their little, fluffy babies too!! So cute <3 :)

-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? Fighting for animal rights! <3 I like the feeling that I'm kinda like what you might consider an "abolitionist" in past terms of human slavery. Feels good to be on the right side of history. Wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, it also just gives my life a purpose. My awareness and compassion has extended, even further than just animals, and I want to use it to better the lives of individuals I come across, or indirectly come across.

-With whom would you most love to have dinner? The creators of Earthlings, and maybe Mark Devries, the creator of Specieism the Movie. (coming later this year!)

-Do you have any secret talents? If I actually put forth the effort and time, I could actually get people to change their stance or behavior on A LOT of controversial topics. I think that's more skill than talent, but...you know...I'm not born with any super talent. I've been learning what I need to know through social change related psychology books. Takes A LOT of mental work, and sometimes gritting your teeth as you conjure up the sweetest, most understanding reply. I've done it successfully, and people would tell me that they ended up understanding where I was coming from and that they were sorry for being so heated. I had more success in the past when I had the patience. It gets to be a bit of a chore eventually, but I have to keep strong for the animals :)

-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? .......none. I can make ramen noodles as much as you want though.

-What's your favorite restaurant? No favorites, I like a lot of Thai places though.

-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? At home I would browse through "let's plays" of games I like on youtube by famous youtubers. Call me crazy, but I enjoy and find it comforting to watch other people play videogames, and based off the views some people have, I suppose I'm not the only crazy one. My brother always would shake my head at me when he caught me watching "let's plays". Obviously, he was above them....but guess who I found watching let's plays on his computer a month later? Yep. And what was his defense? "Well, at least I don't watch let's plays of games I have already played." Mhmmm. Mkay. At college, I would join my floor mates in some Dance Dance Revolution matches or Super Smash Brows Brawl. Something that also tends to cheer me up is leafletting. It can take a bit of courage to start it off, but it feels enlightening more so afterwards when you know you have given people the info they need to know to change. Sometimes you come across a person who's not so sympathetic to the cause, but there spread out among the many people that do accept the leaflets. It's nice to simply hear people saying that they do care about animals, and they talk about their dog or pet chickens, and say that they'll definitely look through it.

-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster? I can't make pancakes....at all. I make oil cakes, and it's gross.

-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? String cheese.....................if daiya makes string cheese, I'm going to always have some on hand. My vegan life would be complete......except I would still need to adopt some bunnies, work some vegan gigs, get a vegan partner, ya know........but food wise, I'd be good.

Bring on the questions!

Jennifer C likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Zelda Freak

3 favorite bands?

If you could go anywhere on a vacation, where would you go?

Favorite movie when you were a kid (you know the one you watched over and over)?

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#3 Old 07-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

What kind of music do you like?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned

1)  Where would you rather live:  village, city, countryside or by the sea?

2)  If you rescued two pigs, what would you call them?

3)  Favourite smell/aroma?

#5 Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

3 favorite bands?

If you could go anywhere on a vacation, where would you go?

Favorite movie when you were a kid (you know the one you watched over and over)?

Not really a fan of bands so much. But my favorite singers are probably Nicki Minaj, Usher, and Jason Derulo.

Not so big on "vacations" in the typical sense really. I thought it might be really cool (but also terribly sad) to take a trip to a holocaust museum, or maybe visit the museum for the Rwandan genocide. I would like to "pay my sympathies and respects" if you will. But it's also nice to visit different environments and see the different types of creatures.

Oh my gosh, I watched so many kid's movies over and over....and over. I recall watching Lilo and Stitch about 20 times. It's beyond me how kids love to watch movies over....and over again....that's not my thing anymore. I watch it once....and for the most part I'm good.

Jennifer C likes this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#6 Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

What kind of music do you like?

Hip/hop rap.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#7 Old 07-29-2013, 08:09 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

1)  Where would you rather live:  village, city, countryside or by the sea?

2)  If you rescued two pigs, what would you call them?

3)  Favourite smell/aroma?

City would probably be too polluted to me. Small village may not have a lot of stuff around when you need something. Sea....a tsunami could hit. I'd choose countryside....maybe I can convince the local farmers to not kill the animals.

2. Hmm. 2 females: Savannah and Jolie 2 Males: Peter and Riley

3. Mmm....not sure. Patchouli is nice...but I would have to say the smell of orange/cream scents blended together.

#8 Old 07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi 4everaspirit ! smiley.gif

If you have one which kind of butterfly is your favourite?

What is your favourite colour?

What is your astrology sign?

What are your studies in college?

Do you like odd or even?

Do you daydream?

Who is your favourite actor/actress?
smiley.gif
#9 Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Hi 4everaspirit ! smiley.gif

If you have one which kind of butterfly is your favourite?

What is your favourite colour?

What is your astrology sign?

What are your studies in college?

Do you like odd or even?

Do you daydream?

Who is your favourite actor/actress?
smiley.gif

1. I like the butterfly that has the see through wings o.o

2. No favorites

3. Private

4. Social Work

5. Even numbers. Going into my personal life here: I had a mild case of OCD that was triggered by a book called "Even Steven and Odd Todd." For some reason I "chose" a side, even though the moral was that both numbers were needed. I would have to have certain things even, like I'd have to hold the sink for an even number of seconds, and the settings on anything would have to be even. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't function...but yeah...I eventually grew out of it when I realized that I didn't really need to do that, but I still find myself reverting to even numbered settings. It kind of makes me choose when I'm unsure, which I kind of like. Like volume 21 or 22? I usually pick 22.

6. ALL THE TIME. (who doesn't daydream, lol?) Mostly it involves me and some sexy vegan guy and our future adventures of rescuing animals.

7. I'm not interested in all that celebrity actress stuff. Unless they are fighting for animals, I couldn't care less. Aint nobody got time for that! I got daydreams of hugging bunnies and my future vegan partner to get to!

#10 Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Provided it was physically and technologically possible, which planet would you like to visit (outside of Earth) and why?

What is your favorite Japanese anime/manga? 

Which superpower and why:  flying, x-ray vision, super strength, invisibility?

What is the most important goal that you'd like to achieve as a human? 

Favorite restaurant meal? 

Thanks, 4everaspirit!

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#11 Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I was going to ask you a deep, philosophical question but I forgot it, so...

Would you rather down half-a-litre of ketchup or half-a-litre of maple-syrup?

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

#12 Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Provided it was physically and technologically possible, which planet would you like to visit (outside of Earth) and why?

What is your favorite Japanese anime/manga? 

Which superpower and why:  flying, x-ray vision, super strength, invisibility?

What is the most important goal that you'd like to achieve as a human? 

Favorite restaurant meal? 

Thanks, 4everaspirit!

Aristedebook2.gif

I'm not that knowledgable about all the different planets........I'd say Venus, just because I like it's name lol

Invisibility I'd say. I could rescue so many animals without being seen!!! Nobody would even know it's me :)

Well, when I was younger, I used to say that I was going to stop animal testing. I'm not really sure yet......honestly. I do have some in, but I'm not sure I should actually write them here.... I'd simply just like to inspire as many people as I can to be compassionate towards animals, be vegan, buy second hand and environmentally friendly items, and care about the earth.

Oye. Definitely noodles dishes of some sort with tofu. As i said, I love thai. Pad thai is up there! :) Veggie fajitas also come in close, as do vegetable rolls.

#13 Old 07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewe Nanny View Post

I was going to ask you a deep, philosophical question but I forgot it, so...

Would you rather down half-a-litre of ketchup or half-a-litre of maple-syrup?

Ketchup....at least I get more than enough of my daily serving of vegetables ;P

#14 Old 07-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Veggie Regular

An advice to give ?

Best thing that WILL happen in your life ?

Favourite books ?

Favourite movies ?

Is P = NP ? ( you win a million for this, seriously )

What is this big black hairy 8 legged red eyed thing crawling on your head ?

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#15 Old 07-31-2013, 12:12 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

An advice to give ?

Best thing that WILL happen in your life ?

Favourite books ?

Favourite movies ?

Is P = NP ? ( you win a million for this, seriously )

What is this big black hairy 8 legged red eyed thing crawling on your head ?

1. My advice.....it's easier to just do something and then apologize for it then it is to get permission........................

2. Oye.....gee, I dunno..............I'm not sure of anything @[email protected]

3. Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows, By Melanie Joy

Change of Heart: The Psychology of Spreading Social Change, by Nick Cooney

The Peta Practical Guide to Animal Rights by Ingrid Newkirk

Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Moskowitz, Isa Chandra and Romero, Terry Hope

4. Earthlings

Vegucated

Farm To Fridge

Food Inc

Peaceable Kingdom

5. Sorry I don't think I win...I have no idea what that means. P=P in my book

6. Is it your angry pet tarantula? *pets* He's so fuzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy <3

#16 Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM

No question, but it's nice to learn to know you, 4ever!

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#17 Old 07-31-2013, 01:44 PM

Yep, you seem way cool 4everaspirit!

What's your favorite question so far, and why?

#18 Old 07-31-2013, 06:03 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

No question, but it's nice to learn to know you, 4ever!

You are sweet <3

#19 Old 07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganality View Post

Yep, you seem way cool 4everaspirit!

What's your favorite question so far, and why?

Your question!  :) Why? Because it makes me think how cool everyone else's questions were :)

#20 Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Impeach the gangster

Do you like to sing?

Can you swim?

Whom would you most like to meet?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#21 Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Do you like to sing?

Can you swim?

Whom would you most like to meet?

I would like to sing...if I didn't sound like a dying horse @[email protected]

I can doggy paddle and not intstantly drown when thrown in water if that counts. I would usually stay on my back to stay afloat.

I'd like to meet justin beiber so I can use my skills to make him go vegan.....so then thousands of people would go vegan.

Werewolf Girl likes this.

#22 Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

What is the cutest baby animal?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#23 Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

What is the cutest baby animal?

A baby goat....hands down. They are so fluffy and soft <3

When they are excited they "hop." from place to place.

This captures my adoration entirely

#24 Old 08-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

That was SO CUTE! I have to agree, baby goats are probably my favourite too. smitten.gif

If you could only have one food, song and movie for the rest of your life what would you choose?

#25 Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

That was SO CUTE! I have to agree, baby goats are probably my favourite too. smitten.gif

If you could only have one food, song and movie for the rest of your life what would you choose?

One food........Vegan pizza with Daiya.

One Song: A$$ by Big Sean (don't ask....I just find it catchy and friggen hilarious at the same time. the comments are fun to look at too LOL)

Movie: Earthlings!! I'd share it around with peeps.

#26 Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Impeach the gangster

You're sailing in your hang-glider at 7,000-feet, when suddenly, the fabric rips wide open, and you start to plummet toward the earth. Luckily, you have your cellphone with you, but you realize there's only time to make one call, before you crash. Whom do you call?

Which is worse: to be mired in quicksand, or caught by a tornado?

You're walking along the beach, when suddenly, the water recedes out to sea, and a great tidal wave appears on the horizon. You start to run inland, for high ground, but then realize, someone has abandoned a basket full of puppies under a tree that are crying for help. You know that if you carry the basket with you, you might not be able to outrun the tsunami. What do you do- try to rescue the puppies, or just save yourself?

#27 Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

You're sailing in your hang-glider at 7,000-feet, when suddenly, the fabric rips wide open, and you start to plummet toward the earth. Luckily, you have your cellphone with you, but you realize there's only time to make one call, before you crash. Whom do you call?

Which is worse: to be mired in quicksand, or caught by a tornado?

You're walking along the beach, when suddenly, the water recedes out to sea, and a great tidal wave appears on the horizon. You start to run inland, for high ground, but then realize, someone has abandoned a basket full of puppies under a tree that are crying for help. You know that if you carry the basket with you, you might not be able to outrun the tsunami. What do you do- try to rescue the puppies, or just save yourself?

Oh dang.........that's a tough one. I actually probably wouldn't make any call. Would be too much for the other person.

Dang...also hard. Umm....quick sand scares the crap outta me...ugh. I'd probably say quicksand though. If you are lucky, the tornado will toss you off on something soft.

I'd save myself first only. I"d be able to save more animals in the long run if there was a higher chance of me surviving there.

#28 Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Impeach the gangster

Thanks, 4everaspirit, for a great interview, and thanks to everyone who joined in! 4ever has chosen Aristede as our next VB Star of the Week!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page