VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Meet Outstanding Members (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/119-meet-outstanding-members/)
-   -   VB Star of the Week: Werewolf Girl! (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/119-meet-outstanding-members/141877-vbulletin-star-week-werewolf-girl.html)

Capstan 07-08-2013 01:22 AM

The Interviews are back! And our first new STAR is Werewolf Girl! WG has never been a VB Star, so we thought we'd give her a shot at celebrity, and let her show all our newbies how it's done! The Interview will go through July15th.

Here's how it works-

-Please ask only a few questions at a time, so everyone has a chance to participate. (You can come back often to ask more questions!)

-Anyone can be a VB Star. If you would like to be a VB Star, just send me a PM, and we'll arrange to get you into the hot-seat! In the event no one comes forward, it will be up to our current Star to choose next week's victim, er, interviewee. If you're asked to be a Star, but don't want to be one, you may take a pass; likewise, the current Star is free to pass on any questions they are not comfortable with answering.

-Please keep our posting rules in mind, and let's keep this PG-13 or better. And remember, if our current famous person expresses an opinion with which you disagree, please do not give an argument in return. This is an interview, not a debate!

Here's some basic info about our first new Star:

Quote:
-Real first name? Natalie

-Age?

-Sex/Gender Identity? Lady kiss2.gif

-Relationship status? Long term relationship, I've been living with my boyfriend for about 5 years now and we've been living together for 4. We're basically married but we both hate weddings. tongue3.gif

-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being)? Vancouver, Canada

-Religious beliefs (or lack thereof)? Lack thereof. wink3.gif

-Political leanings? Pretty liberal, as a Canadian I vote NDP.

-Are you a vegetarian, vegan or raw foodist (or something else)? Vegan.

-What is the meaning behind your username? I like scary movies, particularly werewolf movies.

-Have you ever met anyone famous? Not famous famous, I've met a lot of people in the film industry though. In film school one of my instructors produced American History X and personally knew Edward Norton, and one of my acting teachers had a lot of small roles in many things. He was the teacher who jumped off a building and killed himself in Scary Movie.

-Do you live with any companion animals? A black and white kitty named Moe, he's about 3 years old.

-Do you live with any companion humans? One male companion human named Tiger. I always like that my cat has the human sounding name and my boyfriend has the cat name.

-Where is your favorite place that you have visited? Probably San Francisco. It wasn't that SF was amazing, it's actually very similar to Vancouver but I was 17 and backpacking around California with my best friend and it was just a thrilling adventure. I loved visiting Fisherman's Warf, Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach. Haight-Ashbury was kind of a letdown though, it was a big fake hippie tourist trap, guess I should have visited in the 60's.

-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? The food! I used to be such a boring eater when I was a kid, I was very picky and just wanted to eat meat, potatoes, candy and pizza. Now I enjoy such a huge variety of fruits and vegetables and exotic recipes and spices that I never would have thought to try. I love getting veggie sushi, or Indian food, or baking vegan goodies or experimenting with all the delicious alternative foods there are like coconut milk ice cream and almond milk and Field Roast sausages. lick.gif

-With whom would you most love to have dinner? Chef Chloe Coscarelli, as long as she did all the cooking!

-Do you have any secret talents? I can pop my thumb out of its socket, haha. I can also sing and kind of play guitar but I'm shy so only a few people have heard me. blush.gif

-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? I can make amazing vegan lasagna and garlic bread, also chocolate chip cookies.

-What's your favorite restaurant? Tough question! I guess I'll have to go with Bandidas Taquiera, it's a vegetarian Mexican restaurant that's really funky and cool, and the best part is they have vegan options with Daiya cheese! I got the most amazing burrito with roasted potatoes and guacamole on my last anniversary, I can't wait to go back. lick.gif

-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? Eat chocolate, snuggle with my boyfriend or cat, watch funny TV shows, go for a walk, clean the house.

-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster? When I was 13 and first learning to cook my dad left me alone to make dinner. He came home 20 minutes later to the fire alarm going off and me running around screaming and our dogs howling. We ended up ordering pizza. tongue3.gif

-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? Chef Boyardee ravioli, I used to love it as a kid and I'm surprised I can't already find a vegan version. It seems so simple to make canned pasta with fake ground beef, hopefully someone like Gardein or Amy's decides to make something like that one day.

Let the interview begin!

'IckenNoodleSoup 07-08-2013 10:58 AM

You are a character in an epic fantasy or sci/fi series (TV, film or novel; your choice)

What is your character's i) name, ii) gender, ii) race / type of being iii) personal quest, iv) powers / abilities and v) fatal flaw?*

Do you dream in colour?

After your death, someone who either deeply admires or despises you (your choice), writes your biography. It's a best seller! What is it called?**  

Do you have freckles? If not, would you like to have freckles?

* I know this one should be easyish for you, but you don't *have* to be a werewolf girl

** As you haven't lived it all yet, your life can be as dramatic as you like.

River 07-08-2013 11:01 AM

What do you put on pizza?

Coffee or tea?

Forest or Desert?

Any tattoos?

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 12:43 PM

Whoops, didn't mean to skip my age. I'm 26 for anyone who cares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

You are a character in an epic fantasy or sci/fi series (TV, film or novel; your choice)
What is your character's i) name, ii) gender, ii) race / type of being iii) personal quest, iv) powers / abilities and v) fatal flaw?*

I'm going to cheat and use my D and D character!

i) Magdalena, inspired by a Perfect Circle song

ii) Long tooth shifter (so kind of like a werewolf, what can I say I'm obsessed)

iii) My personal quest that I share with people is to make a lot of money as an adventurer so I can live in a fine manor with all my loot, but my real quest is to discover the secret behind my identity and why I have been plagued with terrible nightmares and a feeling of dread since I was a child....

iv) My main ability is longtooth shifting, when I'm badly injured and my back is against the wall I can turn into something else, something SAVAGE. Muahaha. I can also speak Goblin and chop people up with my Flesh Grinder Execution Axe.

v) My fatal flaw is that I overestimate my own abilities while underestimating everyone else.

Do you dream in colour?

Yes, although my dreams are mostly in fragments and I have to write them down as soon as I wake up if I want to retain details.

After your death, someone who either deeply admires or despises you (your choice), writes your biography. It's a best seller! What is it called?**  

The New Ed Wood: How One Filmmakers Trash Became a National Treasure

Do you have freckles? If not, would you like to have freckles?

I don't but I wish I did! Growing up I always thought red hair and freckles were so magical and awesome, I was shocked when I later found out people get made fun of in school for those things.

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

What do you put on pizza?

My new favourite is tomato sauce, sundried tomato, mushrooms, red onion, pineapple, banana peppers, Daiya mozza and chilis. So spicy and sweet! They call it the Sweet Inferno. drool.gif

Coffee or tea?

COFFEE! I've been addicted to the stuff since I was 15. I'm drinking some right now! I have started to appreciate tea over the past few years, I love green and chai and Earl Grey especially, but in terms of caffeine and my satisfaction levels tea is like having a light snack while coffee is a full meal. I like to buzzzzz..... grin.gif

Forest or Desert?

As a BC girl I always have to pick forest, I grew up playing in the forest and it really feels magical to me. That's the one thing I miss about living in a small town, now that I'm in the city I have to go to Stanley Park if I want to see any forest and then it's not REAL forest. I try to get back and go camping whenever I can though.

My one experience with the desert was when I went to Burning Man in 2008 in Nevada. The Black Rock Desert greeted us with a 4 hour long dust storm that we had to wait out in the car and dust kept seeping in through the vents. Then it was just incredibly hot during the day and incredibly cold at night, very beautiful but an extremely intense experience, I got so sunburned and covered in what felt like a few inches worth of dust that took two showers to get off.. I want to go back one day but much better prepared with a good pair of goggles. In the meantime I'll stick with hiking through lush greenery I think, much easier. tongue3.gif

Any tattoos?

No, but I want to get one. I'm just far too indecisive to decide on my design yet, the thought that it will be there forever freaks me out a bit especially since I now realize some of the ideas I had in high school were terrible and I would have regretted them if I'd gone through with it. I'm waiting for something that feels perfect, so far the closest thing I've found is a kind of Cheshire Cat design with a swirly tail that's all black and white except it has green eyes. I'll think it over for awhile longer....

Jennifer C 07-08-2013 01:16 PM

• Team Mulder or Team Scully?

• If you had to live where it's sunny 95% of the time or rainy 95% of the time - which would you choose? 

• Team Beer or Team Alcohol when you go out. Neither is acceptable too. 

Yup, how much I like you is all hinging on how you answer these three questions...

Just kidding. tongue3.gif

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

• Team Mulder or Team Scully?

Team Scully, I like that she's skeptical even though she can be wildly inconsistent about it.

• If you had to live where it's sunny 95% of the time or rainy 95% of the time - which would you choose? 

That is an insanely hard question! I guess 95% rainy since I already live in a very rainy city and I'm used to it, but you get sick of any weather if it's the same every day.

• Team Beer or Team Alcohol when you go out. Neither is acceptable too. 

Team Alcohol, I don't like the taste of beer and I'll only drink it if that's all there is. Alcohol is good for sugary mixed drinks, I'm a girl drink drunk.

I hope you can still respect me. wink3.gif

Tom 07-08-2013 03:07 PM

What did you do/like about Burning Man? (besides getting all dusty and sunburned- I hope you got more out of it than that!) I first found out about Burning Man here on VB and it sounds interesting...

Jennifer C 07-08-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I hope you can still respect me. wink3.gif

I'm 100% team Scully!! And team rain.

But... I only like beer. Still, posting a Kids in the Hall video has scored you a special bonus point, so we're square. 

Capstan 07-08-2013 05:52 PM

What is your favorite book?

Have you ever saved anyone's life?

lavender phase 07-08-2013 06:29 PM

Hi Werewolf Girl! smiley.gif

What is your astrology sign?

If you could be any animal which would you choose to be ?

The sun or the moon?

Picard or Kirk?

Favourite colour?

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

What did you do/like about Burning Man? (besides getting all dusty and sunburned- I hope you got more out of it than that!) I first found out about Burning Man here on VB and it sounds interesting...

It was a lot of fun and extremely over-stimulating. During the day there were a huge amount of activities to choose from but truthfully it was so blazing hot we tended to stick around our camp area until the sun went down a bit, and at night the whole place became totally magical with everything glowing neon and huge sculptures you can climb on and interact with, art cars racing around with people yelling and dancing, loud music blaring, and tons of funky looking people who were very friendly. The stars are also totally amazing to look at in the desert at night and some of my favourite moments were when we wandered away from the main 'city' out into the quieter fringes and were just surrounded by sand and stars watching all the mayhem happening in the distance.

There were lots of great theme camps as well, I have fond memories of a Muppet themed camp that was playing one of the Muppet movies with a projector and there were a few adorable little kids with their faces painted watching and having a blast. There were also a few camps that were a lot more adult themed that I hope those parents kept their kids far away from... blush.gif

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

What is your favorite book?

Have you ever saved anyone's life?

Favourite book, hmm tough question... I guess I'd have to say IT by Stephen King, it's not the most high brow choice but it's the most honest since I've read it at least 4 times over the years. It's the only book that ever made it hard for me to sleep at night, and now I really hate clowns. tongue3.gif

And I kind of saved my little brother's life when he was maybe around 5 or 6, but to be fair I put his life in danger in the first place! I was stuck babysitting him for the day even though I really didn't want to so I took him to one of my favourite spots which was a bunch of giant boulders in a forest behind this hotel. The boulders had fallen together in a way that you could climb all over them and also crawl under them in these little caves that had been formed, it probably wasn't the safest place to play but it was a lot of fun.

Anyway long story short I ignored him while I was jumping around on the rocks and he ended up following me, I turned around just in time to see him attempting a jump that was way too far for his little legs and ended up catching his hand and saving him from a long drop onto some pointy rocks below. It was a total miracle that I caught him and needless to say I felt kind of guilty and took him home after...

Greenjay 07-08-2013 07:21 PM

If someone could give you the ability to do something without the chance of failure what would you choose. You are guaranteed that you would succeed at the one thing you choose, no matter how difficult or seemingly impossible. Why did you choose it? 

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Hi Werewolf Girl! smiley.gif

What is your astrology sign? - Sagittarius

If you could be any animal which would you choose to be ? Probably a house cat, I'm constantly jealous of the life of luxury my little fur ball leads.

The sun or the moon? The moon!

Picard or Kirk? Definitely Picard, he has a cool head and commands respect. yes.gif

Favourite colour? Purple, I used to have purple hair for awhile and i loved it.

Werewolf Girl 07-08-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenjay View Post

If someone could give you the ability to do something without the chance of failure what would you choose. You are guaranteed that you would succeed at the one thing you choose, no matter how difficult or seemingly impossible. Why did you choose it? 

Oooh, tricky!

I guess I could say something noble like become supreme ruler of Earth and solve all our problems since there's no chance of failure, but to keep things interesting I'll stick to a personal goal.

I would make a lot of movies, about all kinds of subjects. Expressing yourself artistically can be really scary and I hold myself back a lot out of fear, if there was no chance of failure I wouldn't have that fear so I'd be free to make my own films however I want and I wouldn't have to worry about what anyone thinks. It would be worth it just for the fun and feeling of liberation but I'd hope that any movie I made would also make people think too, maybe I'd throw some subtle pro-vegetarian messages in there. wink3.gif

sigen92 07-10-2013 10:26 AM

I love this! So much fun! :D

Okay, here are my questions:

1. Light or dark chocolate? (I might judge you, depending on the answer wink3.gif )

2. Star Trek or Star Wars (or neither)?

3. Favourite werewolf film?

4. Favourite band and favourite song (not necessarily by the same band)?

5. What does a perfect day for you look like?

Vegetarian Zen 07-10-2013 10:29 AM

Hi, Werewolf Girl!  Thunderstorms: Love or Hate? grin.gif

Werewolf Girl 07-10-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigen92 View Post

I love this! So much fun! grin.gif

Okay, here are my questions:

1. Light or dark chocolate? (I might judge you, depending on the answer wink3.gif ) I like them both but I'll take light as long as it's vegan. Rice milk chocolate is amaaaazing.

2. Star Trek or Star Wars (or neither)? I used to be an original trilogy fanatic but after watching all of Star Trek: TNG and most of the movies I have to say I'm a Star Trek girl now. Still need to watch all the rest of it but Picard is my hero, and Star Trek seems a little more grown up to me. I love the idea of humans being relatively peaceful and vegan explorers of the universe, maybe that will happen one day.

3. Favourite werewolf film? Ginger Snaps, really fun Canadian horror flick that does a great job exploring how horrifying puberty is by comparing it to lycanthropy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210070/

4. Favourite band and favourite song (not necessarily by the same band)?

Band: Nine Inch Nails

Song: Alphabet Town by Elliott Smith

5. What does a perfect day for you look like? Wake up to coffee and pancakes, spend the day wandering around the beach/forest, come back home and feast on Indian food while watching something good on Netflix and cuddling with my boyfriend and cat.

Not going to lie, I was considering changing that answer to something more exciting but I'm just going to be honest. Simple pleasures rule and it's the little things that make me most happy. smiley.gif

Werewolf Girl 07-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetarian Zen View Post

Hi, Werewolf Girl!  Thunderstorms: Love or Hate? grin.gif

Love! The only thing I don't like is how scared animals can get but I don't have a dog right now and my cat only cares about loud noises inside so bring on the thunder! evil.gif

'IckenNoodleSoup 07-10-2013 12:01 PM

Famous / celeb / artist girl crush?  love.gif blush.gif

Werewolf Girl 07-10-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

Famous / celeb / artist girl crush?  love.gif
 blush.gif

Emilie Autumn:

smitten.gif

Kath 07-10-2013 01:17 PM

Ahem.

Favourite NIN song?

Favourite superhero (with the understanding that if you say you don't like superheroes we're done)?

What's your favourite outfit/item of clothing?

smiley.gif

Ewe Nanny 07-10-2013 03:35 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Did you know that Emily Autumn is a vegan? Of course you do, I just told you!

Nah, my actual question is this: you have the ability and recources to create any machine or tool that you fancy, one that has never been made before. It can have omnipotent powers, or it could be a bottle-top opener which dispenses mini pancakes. What one thing do you make?

Werewolf Girl 07-11-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

Ahem.

Favourite NIN song?

I can't just pick one! The Perfect Drug, The Day the World Went Away, and track 4 on Ghosts.

Favourite superhero (with the understanding that if you say you don't like superheroes we're done)?

Batman, he's the only one in the Justice League who doesn't have super powers and yet he's still a superhero thanks to genius and money.

What's your favourite outfit/item of clothing?

smiley.gif

Right now it's my big green boots from Vegetarian Shoes.

Werewolf Girl 07-11-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewe Nanny View Post

Did you know that Emily Autumn is a vegan? Of course you do, I just told you!

Nah, my actual question is this: you have the ability and recources to create any machine or tool that you fancy, one that has never been made before. It can have omnipotent powers, or it could be a bottle-top opener which dispenses mini pancakes. What one thing do you make?

I did know that! Just another reason to love her. smitten.gif

And I'd make a replicator from Star Trek, I want those to exist so bad! No one would ever have to kill animals again to eat meat and you could make pretty much any food or object you wanted. I'd have so many fancy clothes and cupcakes! tongue3.gif

Vegetarian Zen 07-11-2013 01:26 PM

Werewolf Girl, your response to favorite clothing inspired me to go check out Vegetarian Shoes.  We've been looking for a good place to get cruelty-free shoes and belts.  So, thanks...and cool boots! cool3.gif

Larissa

Kath 07-12-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:
Batman, he's the only one in the Justice League who doesn't have super powers and yet he's still a superhero thanks to genius and money.

You have passed my test, well done. You may now join my Super League of...superhero fans. There is a special place in my heart for Batman since he has to be so brave. Although on the Avengers side you have Iron Man, who is also a mere man with super gadgets but arguably more intelligent than Batman (he so is) AND he's sarcastic. But he gets less hurt. They tie in my head. Then of course you have Superman, who I would actually like to marry. Sigh.

You can proceed with your life now.

EatWellPrtyHard 07-14-2013 07:50 PM

Okay, this VB Star of the Week series is too cool. Werewolf Girl, this isn't so much of a question as it is a response to your craving for Chef Boyardee ravioli: Spaghetti No's.

They're not exactly ravioli, but they ARE a Chef Boyardee throwback, and the author's description of what it's like to eat Chef Boyardee is so spot on :)

Werewolf Girl 07-14-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatWellPrtyHard View Post

Okay, this VB Star of the Week series is too cool. Werewolf Girl, this isn't so much of a question as it is a response to your craving for Chef Boyardee ravioli: Spaghetti No's.

They're not exactly ravioli, but they ARE a Chef Boyardee throwback, and the author's description of what it's like to eat Chef Boyardee is so spot on smiley.gif

OMG! Thank you so much for posting that, I love the PPK but I missed this somehow. I need to make it ASAP! drool.gif