VB Star of the Week: Vegkid! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Veggie Regular

This week's interviewee is Vegkid! The interview will run from 8/11-8/18

Rules:
-Ask only a few questions at once.
-At the end of the week the interviewee will pick from those who asked him/her questions for the next week's interview.
-This is not a debate thread.

Here are some basic facts to get you started
Quote:
-Sex/Gender Identity: Male
-Relationship status: Single
-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being): New York
-Religious beliefs (or lack thereof): Agnostic Athiest
-Political leanings: Left, as far as I can tell
-Are you a vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?: Vegan
-What is the meaning behind your username?: Vegetarians eat vegetables... veg... I'm pretty young... kid... so yeah.
-Have you ever met anyone famous?: I met this one guy from the Food Network a few times. Other than that, not really.
-Do you live with any companion animals?: Oh dear, yes. I have two tarantulas, a leopard gecko, two aquatic frogs, three fish, several dozen hissing cockroaches, an eastern painted turtle, three cats, a peach-faced lovebird, and a scorpion.
-Where is your favorite place that you have visited?: Probably the Adirondack Mountains in New York. Very lovely place.
-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n?: The fact that I'm refusing to take part in an extremely horrific industry.
-With whom would you most love to have dinner?: Hmm, tough one. I don't really have any famous idols I'd like to meet. Probably everyone on VB. It would be fun to meet them in real life.
-Do you have any secret talents?: I program computer games, does that count?
-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off?: I've found myself really good at making Daiya nachos, but those are so pathetically easy to make it really doesn't count. I've never really gotten into baking or cooking or anything of the sort.
-What's your favorite restaurant?: Also a tough one. I'd have to say Denny's, since their fries are amazing and they have plenty of vegan options.
-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?: I like to program, gets my mind off of things. Or come here to VB.
-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?: All of them, lol. In specific? This isn't really cooking or baking, but I remember one time when I still ate animal products, I microwaved a honey packet with a bunch of chicken nuggets that I was trying to warm up. It had a metallic top. It looked like lightning.
-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"?: Probably BBQ chicken. I don't really miss it, but I used to love it when I was younger, so it'd be good to have a good-tasting vegan alternative.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Veggie Regular

If we met in real life, what do you think would happen?

Is purple your favourite colour for a door?

Are shoes awesome?

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#3 Old 08-11-2011, 03:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Why did you decide to go vegan(were you veggie first etc)

You can only listen to 3 bands/musicians for the rest of your life...who are they and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Banned

How many pairs of socks do you own?
#5 Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
#6 Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Whats your favorite thing to drink?
What Countries are your favorite?
Whats your favorite pasta and or Pasta shape?
#7 Old 08-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Are you jealous of dormouse's avatar?

What kind of games do you design?

How do you become so good at mspaint?
#8 Old 08-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular

What are some of your favorite books?

What do you find appealing about tarantulas? (I'm arachnophobic, so I just don't get it.)
#9 Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

laptop or PC?
Do you like iced tea or tea of any kinds? if so how do you make it?
Do you have any throw blankets if so what the patterns on it?
#10 Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey guys! Sorry I'm so late, I saw the thread on the iPad this morning but it was too finicky to do multiquote properly, so I had to boot up my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

If we met in real life, what do you think would happen?

Is purple your favourite colour for a door?

Are shoes awesome?

I would probably die, because it just seems crazy that I would meet someone who I only knew online.

No, or I would have retextured my door in Minecraft to be purple.

Shoes are okay. I never really got that into shoes. I have a pair of sneakers that I replace every year, and a few pairs of flip flops. Good enough for me. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

You can only listen to 3 bands/musicians for the rest of your life...who are they and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

How many pairs of socks do you own?

Quite a few, but I'm starting to get annoyed with socks. I go barefoot most of the time when I'm in the house, unless I'm going out, in which case, either flip flops or sneakers/socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Whats your favorite thing to drink?
What Countries are your favorite?
Whats your favorite pasta and or Pasta shape?

Water, by a long shot. I often have tons of empty bottles sitting around. I drink at least 10 full bottles of water a day.

I would say U.S. because I live here, but I've always been rather fond of the U.K. and Canada. Also, some of the smaller, more peaceful countries. Sweden is very pretty, would love to go there sometime.

Pasta? Err, idk. Probably macaroni. My mother recently got a really good recipe for macaroni and cheez, which definitely helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgarden View Post

Are you jealous of dormouse's avatar?

What kind of games do you design?

How do you become so good at mspaint?

I'm not sure what it is, actually. It's cute though.

All kinds of games. I have over 200 of them just sitting around waiting for me to either complete them or scrap them. I barely ever finish games. The ones I am most enthusiastic about designing are virtual pet/simulation games, though.

I'm actually relatively good at computer art, but my recent paint "skills" don't really show that. The secret to me being "good" at Paint like in my comics is, uh... open Paint... and click buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

What are some of your favorite books?

What do you find appealing about tarantulas? (I'm arachnophobic, so I just don't get it.)

Hmm. I really like science fiction, for one. War of the Worlds and Time Machine are two of my favorites. I like the Max Ride series, Harry Potter, some YA paranormal stuff (even the corny generic stuff, I like that sometimes), Twilight (gasp I know the horror lol), that kind of stuff. Now that I think about it, I like a really wide range of books, kind of hard for me to explain.

I should've clarified, I have one tarantula, and I am babysitting a different one that belongs to a teacher at school. The one that my teacher has is more docile, while mine will attack anything that moves. There isn't really anything in specific that is appealing about tarantulas, I guess it's just my lifelong fascination with insects and arachnids and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

laptop or PC?
Do you like iced tea or tea of any kinds? if so how do you make it?
Do you have any throw blankets if so what the patterns on it?

Laptop.

I rarely have tea, only very occasionally when I'm sick, and it's usually my mother making it for me so I have no idea what kind it even is or how it's made. That sounds way dumber in text than it did in my head.

Tons of throw blankets with tons of various patterns. My favorite one is a Christmas present that my mother made, it's a quilt/blanket composed of various T-shirts of mine that don't fit anymore from the various places we've gone in my life.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#11 Old 08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

It's a Russian cartoon/claymation thing. His name is Cheburashka. He's adorable.

What is your favorite vegetable?

Do you like coffee?

Are your tarantulas de-venomized? Is that a word?
#12 Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned

If you could travel space and time, what one historical even would you choose to witness?

Which Hogwarts house do you identify with and why? (I bet you it's Slytherin....)
#13 Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

It's a Russian cartoon/claymation thing. His name is Cheburashka. He's adorable.

What is your favorite vegetable?

Do you like coffee?

Are your tarantulas de-venomized? Is that a word?

Oh, I'll have to check that out. Love stop-motion.

I'd have to say... corn, peas, or carrots. Very generic, but my love of food is also.

Eew. Blegh. No. I despise coffee. I know that makes me a bad person but I could just never get into coffee.

Nope. Tarantulas have venom, but even if you were to get bitten, it's basically like a bee sting. Hurts, is annoying, but doesn't do any real harm to you unless you're allergic, in which case it can be severe. You never know if you're allergic unless you get testing, and they don't usually test for allergy to tarantula bites, so it's best to be on the safe side and avoid getting bitten. I haven't been bitten, thankfully, but I know if I tried to get within a foot of my tarantula she would inflict much pain and harm. So I tend to leave her alone. The other tarantula is much more docile, his first reaction is to run away, he has bitten someone before but only because they had just been holding a hissing roach and their hand smelled like food. He didn't know better.

#14 Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeannem View Post

If you could travel space and time, what one historical even would you choose to witness?

Which Hogwarts house do you identify with and why? (I bet you it's Slytherin....)

The Trojan Horse, mainly because I want to see if it's BS or not.

An iPhone app told me Slytherin, though I'd really like to think it's Gryffindor...

#15 Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Oh, I'll have to check that out. Love stop-motion.

I'd have to say... corn, peas, or carrots. Very generic, but my love of food is also.

Eew. Blegh. No. I despise coffee. I know that makes me a bad person but I could just never get into coffee.

Nope. Tarantulas have venom, but even if you were to get bitten, it's basically like a bee sting. Hurts, is annoying, but doesn't do any real harm to you unless you're allergic, in which case it can be severe. You never know if you're allergic unless you get testing, and they don't usually test for allergy to tarantula bites, so it's best to be on the safe side and avoid getting bitten. I haven't been bitten, thankfully, but I know if I tried to get within a foot of my tarantula she would inflict much pain and harm. So I tend to leave her alone. The other tarantula is much more docile, his first reaction is to run away, he has bitten someone before but only because they had just been holding a hissing roach and their hand smelled like food. He didn't know better.

It doesn't make you a bad person I personally love it, black and straight from the pot.
#16 Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

It doesn't make you a bad person I personally love it, black and straight from the pot.

Not liking coffee doesn't make you a bad person? I think you're in the wrong thread. Try Unpopular Opinions.

#17 Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:

An iPhone app told me Slytherin, though I'd really like to think it's Gryffindor...

Uh-huh. I knew it! You'll have to wait for Pottermore and take Jo's test.
#18 Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Not liking coffee doesn't make you a bad person? I think you're in the wrong thread. Try Unpopular Opinions.

Crap, my mistake.

Is anyone else in your family veg*n?

What is your favorite dessert?

Do you live upstate? (i love it there)
#19 Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Crap, my mistake.

Is anyone else in your family veg*n?

What is your favorite dessert?

Do you live upstate? (i love it there)

Yes, my mother. She's vegan too.

Tofutti Ice cream, or Turtle Mountain So/Soy Delicious.

Upstate? Like, NY? I think so. Not really sure

#20 Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you wish you had extra prehensile mechanical limbs like Doctor Octopus?

Would you rather be a duck, a duck, or a goose?

Do you have a whistle that has allowed you to enslave a dolphin into providing you transportation across the sea? If so, do you have to fight off evil mermen along the way to your destinations?

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#21 Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

You didnt answer my question, but quoted it
#22 Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yes, my mother. She's vegan too.

Tofutti Ice cream, or Turtle Mountain So/Soy Delicious.

Upstate? Like, NY? I think so. Not really sure

That must be so awesome. I wish my mom was vegan. Did she influence you or did you influence her?

Upstate is like...up the state. Lol not in or near the city. Closer to Canada. Rochester, buffalo, etc. my husbands family lives up there. I love it.
#23 Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

Do you wish you had extra prehensile mechanical limbs like Doctor Octopus?

Would you rather be a duck, a duck, or a goose?

Do you have a whistle that has allowed you to enslave a dolphin into providing you transportation across the sea? If so, do you have to fight off evil mermen along the way to your destinations?

Hello... Snowcone.

Only if they were removable.

I'd prefer to be a brick myself.

Hmm. That sounds like a good invention. As long as the dolphin isn't harmed. I'll put that next on my list after I get done with Project Chuck Norris. And I'll find some way to use it against you. Thanks for the idea...Snowcone.

#24 Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You didnt answer my question, but quoted it

Ack! Sorry! I'll go back and answer it.

Quote:

That must be so awesome. I wish my mom was vegan. Did she influence you or did you influence her?

Upstate is like...up the state. Lol not in or near the city. Closer to Canada. Rochester, buffalo, etc. my husbands family lives up there. I love it.

I influenced her, though we both went vegan at the same time for the same reasons. It is pretty awesome.

Then yes, I live upstate. Never been to NYC.

#25 Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Ack! Sorry! I'll go back and answer it.

I influenced her, though we both went vegan at the same time for the same reasons. It is pretty awesome.

Then yes, I live upstate. Never been to NYC.

Very cool
#26 Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I went vegetarian on a whim when I was 10 because I randomly got really freaked out from eating a BBQ chicken. I wasn't really vegetarian for several years, just avoided meat, then found out about gelatin, became a total crazed fanatic, eventually realized it only made sense to go vegan.

Hmm. Owl City because his music is calming and nerdy and cool, Glee (that's kind of a copout because they do tons of songs) because it's Glee (and because they have such a wide range of songs, as mentioned), and... I don't know. I'm bad at answering questions like this because I totally blank on the stuff I like. Like the books question... I've read hundreds of books, but the second I get asked what my favorites are, I'm like "Duh?" Same with music really.

#27 Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Are you home-schooled?

Beside making games what do you like to do for fun?

Are you an only child?
#28 Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I went vegetarian on a whim when I was 10 because I randomly got really freaked out from eating a BBQ chicken. I wasn't really vegetarian for several years, just avoided meat, then found out about gelatin, became a total crazed fanatic, eventually realized it only made sense to go vegan.

Hmm. Owl City because his music is calming and nerdy and cool, Glee (that's kind of a copout because they do tons of songs) because it's Glee (and because they have such a wide range of songs, as mentioned), and... I don't know. I'm bad at answering questions like this because I totally blank on the stuff I like. Like the books question... I've read hundreds of books, but the second I get asked what my favorites are, I'm like "Duh?" Same with music really.

haha I know what you mean.
And your veg*n journey sounds similar to mine
#29 Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Are you home-schooled?

Beside making games what do you like to do for fun?

Are you an only child?

I kinda wish I was Neither of my parents have the time though, so I go to public school.

Uhh... playing games? The computer is practically my life. I really like to read though, and sometimes write.

I have two half-sisters on my dad's side, but other than that, yes.

Quote:

haha I know what you mean.
And your veg*n journey sounds similar to mine

I have that same trouble coming up with usernames. My usual username that I use was stolen from my mom, and my username on here is super generic. When I am writing, I have trouble coming up with character names that aren't horribly generic or crappy.

And now that I think about it, I'm not sure why at 10 I randomly decided to stop eating meat. Glad I did though, I'm glad I'm at where I am now.

#30 Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Ah, I was jw because it's 138 on a school day!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page