VB Star of the Week: Disney.Jessica! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Next up is disney.jessica!
This interview will be from July 4th to July 11th.

Rules:
-Ask only a few questions at a time so the interviewee doesn't get overwhelmed and everyone has a chance to ask questions.
-At the end of the week, sequoia will choose next week's interviewee from her thread's participants. So, if you want to be interviewed, ask questions! (You can always decline if you are asked).
-The interviewee is free to skip any questions she wants.

Here are some to start:

Quote:
-Real first name (if you are comfortable sharing):
Jessica

-Sex/Gender Identity
Female

-Relationship status
Single

-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being)
Rierside County, Southern California

-Religious beliefs (or lack thereof)
Agnostic. I'm not yet sure if I'm an Agnostic Theist or Agnostic Atheist, I'm just unsure but won't deny any possibilities.

-Political leanings
I don't pay much attention to politics since I don't vote yet

-Are you a vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?
Vegan for two months now

-What is the meaning behind your username?
I love Disney. I used to go everyday while my mom worked there and I knew the park inside out, including the backstage areas, from an early age. I remember saving up in Kindergarten through first grade for a Disneyland history book, and I've since bought many more books on Disneyland. When I learned to write, I also wrote in the Disney logo font, Waltograph. People ask why or call me crazy, but Disney has gotten me through so much. It got me through my parents' divorce, an awful period in my life, because Disneyland is such an escape and when I wasn't there I could read or think about it to get my mind off everything else.

-Have you ever met anyone famous?
I've seen some famous people. My favorite was seeing Jon Voight at Disneyland, narrating the Candlelight Processional on Walt Disney's birthday.

-Do you live with any companion animals?
I live with one cat, Twinkle, a calico, and two dogs, Frank, a Pug named after Frank the Pug from Men in Black, and Lady, a golden retriever cocker spaniel beagle mix, named after Lady the cocker spaniel from Lady and the Tramp.

-Where is your favorite place that you have visited?
Well, I love Disneyland, of course, but since I go there so often, I guess I'd say either England or France. I visited both on one trip and I loved all the details. Since I've been studying Disneyland theming since I could read, I love details in buildings and things, so it was overwhelmingly amazing. At the end of my trip uneven got to go to Disneyland Paris.

-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n?
Being able to feel so open and not guilty. Especially when I see farm animals and I can look at them without guilt and instead want to help them.

-With whom would you most love to have dinner?
Walt Disney

-Do you have any secret talents?
I taught myself digital art and animation at a young age. My dream is to be an Imagineer at Walt Disney Imagineering, designing attractions there, maybe doing the concept art or something, but my mom says that's silly, so I haven't drawn in a while and I'm trying to find any other talents and figure of what the what to do with my life.

-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off?
I'm not so good at cooking yet, and my omni family won't try any of my "crazy vegan" food, but right now my favorite thing to make is banana ice cream by blending some frozen bananas and silk pure almond milk. Since it has no dairy, I share it with Lady, and sometimes Twinkle with have a little once it melts. Frank apparently thinks bananas are too healthy because he won't eat fruits or vegetables. Guess he's not a very good Pug since he's the pickiest thing I've ever seen.

-What's your favorite restaurant?
I really want to try Lazy Dog Café. I'm not sure if anyone else has had it, but it has a dog theme and they let you bring your dog to eat with you. They also have a dog wall of fame, and at the closest location to me, Temecula, my dogs have their picture up on the wall of fame. But for a restaurant I've actually been to, Elephant Bar. It was the first restaurant I went to after going vegan and the first time I'd ever tried tofu.

-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?
If I could drive, I'd go to Disneyland, but since I can't, I just read about it online until I feel better. Also, I eat deliciously unhealthy food.

-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?
My little brother had microwave Mac n Cheese where you just add water and microwave it and the pasta comes pressure and everything in an individual bowl. He was in first grade and forgot to add the water, starting a fire and also made a big mess in the microwave. I was in the upper elementary class and was called down to clean it up for him, which sucked. It was also a small school, with a maximum of ten students per grade, so it spread around the whole school and was embarrassing. I haven't done anything disastrous that I remember, though.

-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"?
Disneyland has these super giant corn dogs. The corn breading is about a quarter to half of an inch thick, and it's handmade and delicious. I wish they had a veggie dog version, but maybe they will one day since they come out with new veggie burger and tofu options all the time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
#3 Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Which Disney character is your favorite?

Favorite color?

Have you been to Disneyworld?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

Nope. Sorry to disappoint you
#5 Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

It's a tie between Percy, the Pug from Pocahontas and Lady from Lady & the Tramp. I'm biased, I love them more than the others because they're the breeds of my dogs.

Quote:
Favorite color?

light blue

Quote:
Have you been to Disneyworld?

Yep, I've been there four or five times, each time I went to all four parks, and one time I also went on the Disney Cruise.
#6 Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Heels?
Ever been to Florida Disney?

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#7 Old 07-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

Heels?

I've never actually worn heels before. Right now I only own three pairs of shoes: Mickey converse-type shoes, Mickey flats, and some battered converse that my dog ripped the tongue and shoelaces out of, so I'm so used to comfortable shoes I'm not sure I'd wear heels for very long at a time.

Quote:
Ever been to Florida Disney?

Yep, I love Walt Disney World. I haven't been in a few years, but I've been about four or five times.
#8 Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm watching my Enchanted DVD right now.

I live way west of you in Santa Monica. I think you and I and Heather (danakscully64) should make plans to go to Disneyland sometime soon. I haven't been there in over 15 years, so you and Heather can fill me in on what's new.

anyway...

Are you strictly a bluejeans type of girl or do you like wearing skirts and dresses?

Favorite book? Favorite movie? Favorite song/music?

Strawberry jam or orange marmalade?

Pirates or ninjas?

Do you know the lyrics to "It's a Small World" by heart?

*this space not for sale*
#9 Old 07-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Which Disney park is your favourite?

If I go to Disneyland again soon, wanna meet?

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#10 Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you support any charities?

Finish this sentence: If money were no object I would.....

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
#11 Old 07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I'm watching my Enchanted DVD right now.

I love Enchanted! I actually think it's better than some of the more recent Disney princess movies like Princess and the Frog or Tangled. Those two pose as Walt Disney Classics but try to twist their traditional stories in ways Walt never did with his cartoons. Enchanted is a bit different from original Disney fairytales, but it's at least unique and its own story so there's nothing to worry about ruining, and even with the modern-ness of it, it's still got some classic fairytale charm and great music.

Quote:
I live way west of you in Santa Monica. I think you and I and Heather (danakscully64) should make plans to go to Disneyland sometime soon. I haven't been there in over 15 years, so you and Heather can fill me in on what's new.

That would be awesome! I wouldn't have to worry about where my family are going to want to eat in the park and if there's any good veg*n options. I actually just moved out here to Riverside County from the OC area, but I think Heather might live really close to me, too.

Quote:
anyway...

Are you strictly a bluejeans type of girl or do you like wearing skirts and dresses?

I like wearing skirts and dresses, too, I just don't have many of them that fit me right now. I've grown out of everything except some jeans, but now I'm sick of my jeans and have been wanting to start wearing more skirts and dresses, I guess just because it's summer and I'm sick of my current clothes. I got a really cute Mickey dress today, though, so now I at least have something different.

Quote:
Favorite book? Favorite movie? Favorite song/music?

Book: Spinning Disney's World

Movie: Hmm... I think Toy Story 3 is probably my favorite because I love everything about it and watch it all the time. But my favorite non-Pixar Disney movie is Dumbo

Song: Two Worlds (Tarzan)

Music: I only listen to Disney music. My iPhone has a Disneyland resort album with all the songs, and I also have my Pandora set up to play Disneyland songs and songs from classic Disney movies ( I call it Walt Disney Radio )
#12 Old 07-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Sharks or dolphins?

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#13 Old 07-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Which Disney park is your favourite?

the original Disneyland

Quote:
If I go to Disneyland again soon, wanna meet?

Sure, if I could somehow get over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

Do you support any charities?

No, I don't, but if I did, I'd probably support the ASPCA

Quote:
Finish this sentence: If money were no object I would.....

Move my family in a big home closer to Disneyland, spoil my dogs with treats and toys and things, buy my whole family premium passes to Disneyland so we could go everyday, and buy some art supplies and sign up for some art classes to try to get into CalArts (a college that Walt Disney created) to become an Imagineer. If I didn't have to worry about money I could pursue my dream job without people telling me I need to worry about getting some sort of business job or something in this economy.
#14 Old 07-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Banned

Oops, I missed some questions and it won't let me add them in with the quote tags, so here's the rest:

Quote:
Strawberry jam or orange marmalade?
Pirates or ninjas?
Do you know the lyrics to "It's a Small World" by heart?

Strawberry jam

Pirates

Yep It's my ringtone, too
#15 Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Sharks or dolphins?

Sharks, 'cause fish are friends, not food (I don't make any choices in life without advice from Disney movies )
#16 Old 07-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

What's your favourite season?
Do you have any friends who are also obsessed with Disney?

#17 Old 07-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Can't believe it wasn't asked yet. Favorite Disney character?

Mushrooms or spinach?

Do you like fireworks?

Have you been Disney characters for Halloween? Which ones?
#18 Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you know my sister? She's a Disney fanatic too

If you had a time machine, but could only travel to either the past or the future, which would you choose?

Would you rather have eyes made out of grapes or melon balls?

If someone were to defenestrate you from an eight story building, would you rather land on a cactus field or shattered glass?

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#19 Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

What's your favourite season?
Do you have any friends who are also obsessed with Disney?

Spring I like occasional rain, but I also like that temperature between hot and cold, the just-right kind of feel to spring.

I have some friends I met online at Disney websites that are also very obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Can't believe it wasn't asked yet. Favorite Disney character?

It was, actually
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

It's a tie between Percy, the Pug from Pocahontas and Lady from Lady & the Tramp. I'm biased, I love them more than the others because they're the breeds of my dogs.

Quote:
Mushrooms or spinach?

Mushrooms! I love mushrooms. My dream dish would be a giant portabello mushroom stuffed with some mini mushrooms, maybe some sort of vegan mushroom cream sauce.

Quote:
Do you like fireworks?

Have you been Disney characters for Halloween? Which ones?

Yes, especially Magical at Disneyland. It plays during the summer, and they have Tinkerbell fly over the castle, and later in the show they also have a flying Dumbo (it's got flapping ears and is the size of a VW Bug) fly over the castle to the song "Baby of Mine" from Walt Disney's Dumbo. It's supposed to be the scene where he learns how to fly. It almost makes me cry, the song combined with him finally learning to fly like he wanted.

I've been Minnie Mouse, Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast, Stitch (I'm a big Stitch fanatic in addition to lots of the other characters), Snow White, Maleficent, Alice, Jasmine from Aladdin, Cinderella, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Ariel/Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Belle, and Piglet. I think that's it.
#20 Old 07-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Veggie Regular

If you could move into Disneyland, would you?

Have you ever had any cool ideas for new Disney rides?

Is mango an amazing fruit?

#21 Old 07-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Do you know my sister? She's a Disney fanatic too

If you had a time machine, but could only travel to either the past or the future, which would you choose?

Would you rather have eyes made out of grapes or melon balls?

If someone were to defenestrate you from an eight story building, would you rather land on a cactus field or shattered glass?

I'm not sure, I might. Small world and all that

I'd travel to the past. I'd go to Disneyland opening day and see all the original attractions, then see how it changed and improved and how well it was kept with Walt maintaining it, paying attention to every little detail (he would time lightbulbs to make sure not a single tiny one would go out, causing bad show for the guests, but he also believed in not doing maintenance like changing lightbulbs when the park wasn't closed to the public). I also liked how Disneyland was a special occasion then, and people dressed all fancy and everything. Now, some people are let in with such revealing clothes, it's as if they thought they were getting dressed to interview at hooter's or something

hmm... melon balls. I'd be more likely to eat my own eyes if they were grapes. Plus, melon balls are bigger and more cartoon-y. I can imagine me walking around with some bright pink watermelon balls in my eyes.

I think I'd have a better chance at surviving with the cactus. Plus, glass gets in the skin way too easy and can be hard to get out, it takes forever for it to sort of push itself out.
#22 Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

If you could move into Disneyland, would you?

Have you ever had any cool ideas for new Disney rides?

Is mango an amazing fruit?

Yes, I would. I would love to live in Walt's old apartment above the firehouse at the start of Main Street. Living in the castle would be great, though, too.

Yes, I love coming up with ideas for Disney rides! I like to sketch them out and draw floor plans for every little detail, and create a plot for them and decide how each aspect of the ride would work, which is why I'd like to be an Imagineer.

I love mango! I haven't had any in a while, but a few months ago, when we first moved in, we got a crate from our local farm and it was delicious.
#23 Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Were you upset when you first found out the grand castle was really just a hallway and a gift shop? (I was )

#24 Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok ok lol, what non animal Disney character is your favorite?

Favorite candy from Disney Land?

If you could be one of the princesses which would it be?

Do you have Disney snow globes? If so which ones?
#25 Old 07-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:

Were you upset when you first found out the grand castle was really just a hallway and a gift shop? (I was )

I was before they re-opened the castle walkthrough. I always wondered about what was in the castle, and then when I was able to buy my Disneyland history book and I realized there was an attraction in there, I always wanted to go in, and I felt like the picture of the dragon in the tunnel was just teasing me all the time. When the castle walkthrough finally re-opened, my mom worked at the Disneyland, so she got me an employee pass to go in the attraction a few weeks before it opened while she was working. The new walkthrough is cool, but I think the shop is still pretty boring. They could at least add some better theming and details on the walls or shelves or something.

Quote:

Ok ok lol, what non animal Disney character is your favorite?

Favorite candy from Disney Land?

If you could be one of the princesses which would it be?

Do you have Disney snow globes? If so which ones?

Ariel Probably because I just went on the new Little Mermaid ride, I'm really hyped up about that movie right now, but I really like either her or Belle the most out of the non-animal Disney characters. They both aren't too frilly or anything. Ariel goes out looking for treasure and sharks, and Belle's really smart and loves to read and neither are afraid to be different.

I used to love the fudge or caramel apples, but I'm pretty sure neither are vegan, so I'll go with the home made peanut brittle.

Ariel, but only as a mermaid. It would be so cool to swim around and be around animals all the time. Too bad Eric couldn't be made a merman instead of her becoming a human, though.

I do have a lot of Disney collectibles, so I'm pretty sure a few are snow globes. They've been in storage for a while, though, so I don't remember exactly which ones I have. I remember I have a Disneyland castle one, a christmas version of the castle, a Tiki Room one, a bunch of Stitch ones, and one from Disney's Animal Kingdom, with the Tree of Life (it's a big tree there that has a lot of different animals carved into it) as the main part of the snowglobe, but I don't remember the rest. I think I have a Lady and the Tramp one, Aristocats one, and 101 Dalmations one, but I'm not sure. The rest are from around the parks.
#26 Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Have you turned any friends into Disney fanatics?

Do you like to drink tea?

Are you a Kingdom Hearts fan?

Have you ever made a guitar out of a Kleenex box, paper towel tube, and rubberbands?

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#27 Old 07-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Have you turned any friends into Disney fanatics?

Do you like to drink tea?

Are you a Kingdom Hearts fan?

Have you ever made a guitar out of a Kleenex box, paper towel tube, and rubberbands?

I have taught them a lot about Disneyland and made them more interested in it, and they'll talk about it with me and everything. I actually have a friend I recently met after moving that loves Disney, too, and we started talking about all the times we've been on rides when they break down and stuff, and from there I used to talk about it with her in all the extra time we had in biology. She also comments and likes Disney things I put on Facebook, and she has family members who work there as Imagineers.

I love tea! I've been drinking it a lot lately. I have a lot of different types of tea in my pantry right now from Fresh & Easy/Tesco. My favorite flavors right now are Earl Grey Black Tea and Chocolate Black Tea.

I love Kingdom Hearts! I also like Epic Mickey, since it has a lot of Disneyland references, too. I haven't been able to play videogames much lately though because my little brothers hid the Wii in their room and won't let me play it.

No, but I've wanted to ever since I saw that on Blue's Clues! It looks really cool!
#28 Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Veggie Regular

What's your favorite flavor of cake?

Do you have siblings? If so what gender and age?

Have you ever been to Fontana or Rancho Cucamonga Cali?

Have you seen Lemony Snickets A Series of Unfortunate Events?
#29 Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever painted a mailbox?

#30 Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:

What's your favorite flavor of cake?

Do you have siblings? If so what gender and age?

Have you ever been to Fontana or Rancho Cucamonga Cali?

Have you seen Lemony Snickets A Series of Unfortunate Events?

I think it's called italian creme. I've never had an actual slice, only a small sample from Sam's Club as an omni, but it has a sort of vanilla flavor. I don't know exactly what it's called, though, so I can't find a vegan recipe.

I have two little brothers, they're 4 and 10.

I have, I actually just moved from nearby there, from a little town called Walnut, near Diamond Bar. I lived in orange county most of my life, but my grandparents have always lived in the Diamond Bar area, so we lived with them for a short time between OC and Riverside County.

I actually saw that movie before it came out in theaters. I remember I was going to Toys R Us when I was younger, and then someone came up to my mom and told her we were invited to a showing of a movie the next day. I saw it again in the final version in normal theaters with some of the scenes cut out, and I've read some of the books. Jim Carrey is really awesome and creepy in that movie.

Quote:

Have you ever painted a mailbox?

I've actually just moved into a house that has a mailbox. I've never had one before, but I've always wanted to have one of those cool ones that look like mini homes or animals or something. I haven't gotten to paint one yet, though, but I would if I had the supplies.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page