VB Star of the Week: Disney.Jessica! - Page 8 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#211 Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

It would be so much more interesting if they all got into character! They should make them! The times i wen the princesses just stood there like you said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

It would be so much more interesting if they all got into character! They should make them! The times i wen the princesses just stood there like you said.

Yeah, and like with the case with Peter Pan, when they get into character then they get in trouble for actually being their character and seeming rude. These same guests have no problem with the villains acting like villains, but many of them get mad when a heroic character is imperfect at all. Peter Pan had a bit of mischievous attitude sometimes, it's silly to expect him to be so perfect. I also heard the Peter Pan that was very in character would talk to kids if they acted like him, a child who'd never grow up, but acted like he was wary of adults, something of course very true to the Peter Pan character and exhibited well in the movie with his battles with the pirates. I found the original complaint I heard about this Peter, here:
Quote:
So we're in front of the castle a couple weeks back and my 4 year-old was fascinated by a duck and her new brood waddling around. Suddenly a flash of green darted next to me at the rail and joined us. Our first Peter Pan encounter! My daughter was thrilled but a little shy, and just stared at him. He, on the other hand, did not turn around to acknowledge her or other interested guests, but continued to look at the ducks and made small talk with a uniformed security guard nearby. When she gathered the courage to say hi, he turned and curtly said "Hello" then turned back to the ducks, basically ignoring her and the others. Finally, she asked him for an autograph and a photo, and he agreed almost reluctantly - but not before sighing at the tedium. After we left, my daughter asked me if Peter Pan was mad at her!

I was amazed at how rude this costumed character was - until it dawned on me that the CM was in character as Peter Pan, a boy who refuses to grow up. That's got to be it, right? And would explain his unsociability/self-centeredness/aloofness? I was talking about it with some friends and my wife and they all thought no, it was just a CM having a bad day. But if he was in character, isn't that a lot to ask of little kids to realize? He definitely wasn't in "fun, boyish" mode but rather "selfish, headstrong" mode. My daughter, for one, definitely noticed the difference between this character greeting and the warm, friendly ones she's accustomed to. I'd think other kids would be similarly confused.

We've met "The Queen" and she acts in character but clearly so (we laughed at her sneering at my daughter's Disney Princess autograph book.) Just seems a little odd to me that Disneyland would encourage Peter Pan to be less than friendly with guests, "in character" or not - he is a good guy after all. Have any of you had similar experiences with him?

Maybe he's somewhat extreme, but I would think if a guest of any age has seen the movie and is familiar with the character, encountering this Peter would be a great part of experiencing Disneyland. Just as great as experiencing evil characters.

Apparently his nickname is Follow the Leader Peter, and if you talk to him, he'll say hi and then return to be entranced by a duck or something, and if you stand next to him to take a picture he'll move so that you can't and won't sign autographs. However, if you talk to him as if you are a child interested in a duck or exploring or whatever and get into character yourself, he will take a picture with you and sign autographs. For example, a fan shared this experience:
Quote:
This is the Peter in character. I've encountered him many times and he is always walking away and ignoring people. On one encounter, my daughter and I chased after him until I finally called out, (in my best Wendy voice) "oh but Peetah please wont you stop. We're ever so tired and we just need your autograph before we head back to Neverneverland." This got his attention. He stopped talk with us and was as kind as could be. We love him.

Probably the most annoying, out of place characters to me, though, are Alice and the Mad Hatter. They're best friends in the park but it'd be cool if Alice acted all confused and like she was trying to get information about Wonderland from the Hatter while he babbled on about something random like they do in the movie.
#213 Old 07-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Pluto was in character too, he stole my hat and made me play chase with him.

It's a shame that some people don't get the peter pan thing. I'd love to meet an in-character one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#214 Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I remember when I met Jasmine and Aladdin the last time I went three years ago, they did really well with it.
I remember meeting them the best because of it

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#215 Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Very fun thread everyone. ^_^

Next up: AlixJ18!
https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...J18!&p=2936745

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page