VB Star of the Week: Disney.Jessica! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you hate that people keep making remakes of movies from 20 years or less ago?

What is your favorite kind of car?

Do you like maple syrup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Aren't you glad you're not quantephobic?
#33 Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Do you hate that people keep making remakes of movies from 20 years or less ago?

What is your favorite kind of car?

Do you like maple syrup?

I guess it depends on the remake and genre. I didn't like the new Willy Wonka, the original is much better. Same with the new Charlotte's Web, there was no need to remake it, the original cartoon was great. Also, it annoyed me when I heard they were remaking the Karate Kid. Certain movies, usually the classic-type movies, don't need to be remade.
With comedies, though, I notice many of the remakes aren't bad. Death at a Funeral was made three years after the original, but I thought it was still decent and funny. Also, Dinner for Schmucks is my favorite comedy, and it's a remake of a recent French movie. Everyone said Dinner for Schmucks was bad in comparison, but I loved it.

My dream car is a 1965 Volkswagen bug, fixed up to look like Herbie. You can't get a more Disney car than Herbie. Honestly, if someone offered me an old VW bug that I'd need to fix up myself or the most expensive sports car in the world, all fixed up with expensive rims and stuff, I'd pick the bug, fix it up, and hope it lasts the rest of my life so I wouldn't have to give up my Disney car.

Yes, I love to drown my pancakes with maple syrup. I've heard its good on oatmeal and things like that, too, but I haven't tried it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

Aren't you glad you're not quantephobic?

Yes, very glad
#35 Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Banned

BTW, here's some pictures of my dream herbie, but I'd be happy with just the stripes and 53 put on

http://www.superbeetles.com/herbie/herbie.htm

I've heard some models even have buttons to make the doors and lid automatically open and eyes move like in the movie.
#36 Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you like to read? What are some of your favorite books?

What's your favorite class in school right now?
#37 Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

If you could travel space and time, what one event would you choose to witness?
#38 Old 07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

What colour do you think the ocean should be, if it wasn't blue?

Do you think you would ever get tired of Disney?

Have you ever stayed in a hotel at Disneyland?

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#39 Old 07-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

Any favorite non Disney animated movies?

Do you ever draw? Do you do any other artsy type stuff?

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#40 Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

What is your favorite vacuum cleaner attachment?
#41 Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you like the giant rainbow swirl lolipops they sell at Disneyland and other places?

What is yout favorite time of day?

Would you wear a white wedding dress if you got married? Why or why not?

Do you ever use a landline telephone?
#42 Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Do you like to read? What are some of your favorite books?

What's your favorite class in school right now?

I love to read! My favorite books are Spinning Disney's World, Walt Disney (Biography), Kingdom Keepers, A Dog's Purpose, and Marley & Me

My favorite class is Draw/Paint I

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeannem View Post

If you could travel space and time, what one event would you choose to witness?

The opening of Disneyland (July 17, 1955). I'd love to see Walt give his opening speech in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

What colour do you think the ocean should be, if it wasn't blue?

Do you think you would ever get tired of Disney?

Have you ever stayed in a hotel at Disneyland?

It would be cool if it was like rainbow colored. Then, from space, we'd be the rainbow planet!

Nope!

I haven't, but I've eaten at the restaurants there before and some family members staying from Hawaii were able to get a room there once, so I've seen the rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

Any favorite non Disney animated movies?

Do you ever draw? Do you do any other artsy type stuff?

Flying. I hate walking home from school, and I have a new bike, but I don't know how to ride it yet. I'd also be able to fly to Disneyland.

Devil (or any other M. Night Shyamalan movie), Dinner for Schmucks, Date Night

Yes, I love to draw. I also paint, sculpt, do digital art, and I also like crafts and things like that. Right now I really want to build my dogs a doghouse. My uncle built one for his dogs once that had a porch and windows and a second story and everything. My dogs are indoor but I think it would be really cute just to have for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

What is your favorite vacuum cleaner attachment?

I have a Dyson Animal, and there's this groom tool that will suck the undercoat hairs from a dog that looks really cool, but I don't have it. And we lost all our other attachments when we moved, or we haven't unpacked them yet.
#43 Old 07-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Do you like the giant rainbow swirl lolipops they sell at Disneyland and other places?

What is yout favorite time of day?

Would you wear a white wedding dress if you got married? Why or why not?

Do you ever use a landline telephone?

Yes, I love those! When I buy them, though, it takes me forever to eat them, because I'm afraid I won't be able to finish them.

I'm not sure. I've stayed up late before, but I also used to wake up at 3 everyday to go to school, and later at 4 to get to Disneyland early. I guess as long as I'm doing something then I don't care when it is.

If I had endless money or something, I'd get married at Dsineyland and get one of those pretty white dresses that they have. Each one is modeled after a Disney princess's dress.

No, my family hasn't had a landline telephone for about eight years.
#44 Old 07-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you like to run at random times?
Have you ever made Popsicles out of a smoothie?

#45 Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:

Do you like to run at random times?
Have you ever made Popsicles out of a smoothie?

Sometimes.

No, I've made them out of juice, though.
#46 Old 07-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you been to Disneyland Paris?

Can you touch your toes?

Are you scared of spiders?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#47 Old 07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Have you been to Disneyland Paris?

Can you touch your toes?

Are you scared of spiders?

Yes, I have I worked at my grandparents' family business all summer to save up to go to London and Paris with my grandparents and we got to go to Disneyland Paris for a day. It was really nice, but I wish we would've gone for another day or two to see all the other rides and details or go to the second park there.

I can't

I used to be terrified, but since going vegan I've been trying to get over that fear, because I don't want to kill or hurt them. There's a lot of black widows around my house, though, and lots of other huge spiders, so I'm not really sure how successful I can be in not getting so terrified of them.
#48 Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Is there any Disney parks you haven't been to?

Can you mail me candy from Disneyland?

#49 Old 07-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

Is there any Disney parks you haven't been to?

Can you mail me candy from Disneyland?

Walt Disney Studios Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea

I could, but I'm not sure when I'll be going again. I'm blocked out the whole month of July, and I start school in August.
#50 Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

You start school in August? I start mine in September

What non Disney place would you like to see the most?

Do you like seeing art galleries?

#51 Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

You start school in August? I start mine in September

What non Disney place would you like to see the most?

Do you like seeing art galleries?

Yeah, I do My school has a lot of long holidays during the year so we start early. We have a week for thanksgiving, a week for president's day, three weeks for christmas, and pretty much a week or extra long weekend for any holiday or excuse they get to give us off.

New York. I've never been, but I have a personality where I love to be out (I get excited to just go to WalMart or fill up the car with gas or something trivial like that) and it seems so busy that I'm really interested in visiting. I'm also a huge fan of 30 Rock, and I'd love to visit 30 Rockfeller Plaza and maybe take the tour there.

I love art galleries. I haven't been to many, but when I visited the Louvre, I realized how interesting it is to see so much art, especially all the diversity and uniqueness of art. I've also been to a few Disney art galleries that aren't really formal galleries, but they have a lot of beautiful art inspired by or used to create Disney movies, attractions, and parks.
#52 Old 07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you like swimming?

Is it hot in California right now?

#53 Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Are you ready to party?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#54 Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Any piercings?
Your fav potato dish?

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#55 Old 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Favourite weather type?

#56 Old 07-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Do you like swimming?

Is it hot in California right now?

I guess, I find it kind of boring, though. There's no real point to it, I guess. I was glad our new house didn't have a pool. They take up too much room and they're not very entertaining or anything. I have an open ear with a tumor in it so I have to wear an ear plug and if I put my head just a few inches below the surface it's excruciatingly painful, so maybe that's why I don't like it much.

Yes, it is My poor dogs, especially my Puggy, keep overheating, so I don't let them out at all during the day, except once or twice to go to the bathroom in the shade for just a few minutes, and I have to sit them in front of a fan.

Quote:

Are you ready to party?

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

Any piercings?
Your fav potato dish?

My ears are pierced, though I don't remember getting them pierced. I think I was very, very young, like a few months old.

Wow, that's tough, there's so many! I'll go with mashed potatoes, they were my favorite food as an omni, they were especially my favorite breakfast food, a big bowl of well-mashed mashed potatoes. I haven't tried veganiz-ing them yet, but I'm sure it can be done.

Quote:

Favourite weather type?

I like cool weather. I don't mind the rain, but I mostly like it cold, but still with a bright, blue sky. I love the feeling of getting all bundled up and warm, and feeling hot drinks like cocoa, tea, or coffee warm my throat and stomach.
#57 Old 07-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Since you like art and Disney, I assume you're a Mary Blair fan? I designed a gallery exhibition based on her concept art for Alice in Wonderland (unfortunately the exhibition never took place).

So...assuming that you like Mary Blair, what is your favorite Disney movie that she did the concept art for?

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#58 Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Since you like art and Disney, I assume you're a Mary Blair fan? I designed a gallery exhibition based on her concept art for Alice in Wonderland (unfortunately the exhibition never took place).

So...assuming that you like Mary Blair, what is your favorite Disney movie that she did the concept art for?

Yes, I love Mary Blair! I love the arts and crafts style of It's a Small World and how she was able to make it appealing to all ages and really incorporate the world peace message in a unique, very appealing way. Her work reminds me a lot of the art Shag does for Disney now, it has the same stylized appearance and use of colors.

I love Lady and the Tramp and Alice in Wonderland. I admit I'm biased about Lady and the Tramp because of my dog, Lady, so I'll go with Alice in Wonderland. I think the concept art for Alice in Wonderland really showcased Mary Blair's creativity and imagination, and they didn't change the movie much from her concept art and kept many of the designs and ideas the same, while the appearance of Lady was changed a lot for Lady and the Tramp, as were some of the settings and scenes.
#59 Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Wow, that's tough, there's so many! I'll go with mashed potatoes, they were my favorite food as an omni, they were especially my favorite breakfast food, a big bowl of well-mashed mashed potatoes. I haven't tried veganiz-ing them yet, but I'm sure it can be done.

Very easily; just use plenty of vegan margarine (like Earth Balance), a splash of non-dairy milk, and a firm arm.

You have 30 minutes until the end of the world, and one wish from a Genie. The Genie, whilst reasonably powerful, cannot stop armageddon. What do you wish for? Also, are you looting?

#60 Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Move my family in a big home closer to Disneyland, spoil my dogs with treats and toys and things, buy my whole family premium passes to Disneyland so we could go everyday, and buy some art supplies and sign up for some art classes to try to get into CalArts (a college that Walt Disney created) to become an Imagineer. If I didn't have to worry about money I could pursue my dream job without people telling me I need to worry about getting some sort of business job or something in this economy.

I really think you should still pursue this dream no matter what others say. You are very passionate about it and super talented. It would be a tragedy to see that talent and passion go to a waste.

Do you have to take care of your little brothers a lot? If so do you sometimes feel like a second mom to them?

What are your favorite tv shows?

How do you like your coffee and tea? Do you add anything?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page