Get to know....SuicideBlonde - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM

This week's interviewee is SuicideBlonde!

Her answers to the starter questions:

Quote:
Gender/Age/Location

Female/29/ Tampa,FL

Are you vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?

Vegetarian looking to vegan but finding difficulties.

How do you spend your working week?

Work? HaaHaaa! I normaly am a hairdresser but hav hadsome bad luck and mess ups. I have lost the confidence in myself and hate the snobbery of the industry. I have no clue what to do now.

How long have you been veg*n?

I was around 14-15 I think. I hardly remember anymore. It was on and off from when I was like 12. I was a fresmen in HS when it took. They showed peopl eating gunniepig in a class then I got a disscusting chicken sandwitch from the cafiteria. I said no more after that.

How did you find VeggieBoards?

I was on veggieweb (I think it was). They cut the boards part out and said go to here so I did.

What is the meaning behind your username?

Well there are several reasones. The inxs song (its about at home bleach jobs), the fact that I always have my hair paitum blonde and my crazy mood swings.

Have you ever met anyone famous?

Not that I know of and if I did I do not care about celebarty.

Do you live with any companion animals?

Not at the moment. I had a cat but the complex found him and I had to give him to a friend. I miis my Moe!

Do you live with any companion humans?

I have 3 other people in my apt. I rent my room sepratly. They hate me for reasons I have no clue why.

Where is your favorite place that you have visited?

I guss it was Key West. I hav not been many places but I want to see the world. NY would have been better if my family would have let me go and explore more. Pittsburg PA was pretty cool also but I think that was mostly because of te reason I was there.

Ninjas or pirates?

What about zombies? I guess pirates because here every year they have a few parades about pirates called Gasparilla. They have beads, floats, boats and pirats. Its quite fun.

What do you enjoy most about being veg*n?

Well its been one of my most constant things in my life. I enjoy the nummy foods so much.

What is your favorite VB post?

I am a slut! (The slut thread)

With whom would you most love to have dinner?

David Tennant is my biggest crush right now, so him I guess. I would also love to have dinner with my sluts! That would be very fun crazy times.

Do you have any secret talents?

I am a queen of stupid human tricks. I have an eyebrow dance, can wiggle various parts of my body on comand, put my entire fist in my mouth, sing semi decently and fall down over air.

What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off?

I dont really have any recpies I just kind of throw what I have in and cook it. I must warn people though I cook things extra spicy. So I guess take your socks off from the heat. I scare peopl with the ammount of spice I use.

What's your favorite restaurant?

Trang. They have monthly vegan buffets (I met SarahJane at one). There are like 3 pages of nummy veitmese ve*an foods. Sooooo good!

What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?

I drink, write, listen to music, walk, talk to friends, have some special time or read.

What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?

Well my ony attempt at tempi was so gross it tased like it was rotting in the dumpster for days. My soups tend to turn into tasty sludge. And onc a long time ago I fell aslep boiling eggs and they burnt so bad the sok decetactor went off. Stinky!

What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"?

I cant really think of anything. Maybe vgan goat cheese. Maybe cornbeef because (this is gross) I hated eating it when I was a kid I just loved sucking the salt out of it.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

How would you survive a zombie outbreak?

The Doctor shows up on your doorstep in the TARDIS, you have the whole of space and time to explore, what's your first stop?
#3 Old 02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

If you could instantly learn one instrument, what would it be?

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

If I told you that you could visit one place for a week right now, where would you go?

I feel like snacking on something, what should I eat?
#5 Old 02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

How would you survive a zombie outbreak?

The Doctor shows up on your doorstep in the TARDIS, you have the whole of space and time to explore, what's your first stop?

I would use my power of seduction to get the most powerful human left to help me live. Or blend in and shoot them in the head when they don't notice.

Quote:
If you could instantly learn one instrument, what would it be?

I love singing! I am not so good at it but very much want to get better. I think that being a bad ass front woman to a band would be very much fun!

Quote:
If I told you that you could visit one place for a week right now, where would you go?

I feel like snacking on something, what should I eat?

A week on a beach paradise! One that has lots of beach bars, beautiful waters, lush tropical scenery, island adventures, lots of live music, sexy people and nude beaches.

Spicy pickled vegetables! Nom nom!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#6 Old 02-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

You missed a question!
#7 Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever not been blonde?

If you couldn't be blonde, what you would be?
#8 Old 02-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

OH Doctor!

We would end up on a planet that I ended up being worshiped. In true doctor who fashion I would be worshiped until I find out I have to be sacrificed to one of their "gods". The end would be me and the doctor escaping then him ravishing me because he realised he loved me and was scared to lose me. then we travle the vast time and space together.

Not the old guys, David Tennant Doctor. I am still unsure about the new guy.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#9 Old 02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Have you ever not been blonde?

If you couldn't be blonde, what you would be?

Well I have had black hair that was just gross. I had red in it and kind of liked it a bit. I think the red I like because it matched my first car. I allways put crazy color streaks in it. I especially love putting purple tones in it.

I do love the blonde for the old fashion "moon blonde" effect. The fun colors I miss having but can not at them momtnt because of job hunting.

Marilyn Monroe
#10 Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

What's the best haircut you've ever had?

What's the best haircut you're ever given?

#11 Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I love singing! I am not so good at it but very much want to get better. I think that being a bad ass front woman to a band would be very much fun!

Oh gosh yes. I have this crazy fantasy of being a singer in a rock band. Unfortunately, I am terrified of singing in front of people (acting and public speaking are no issue, just singing... including karaoke) and have no confidence in my ability. If I had gotten vocal training as a child, perhaps it would be a different story. I think I lack the ear for it.

What are your favourite bands? What was your favourite concert? Was there a group you wanted to see but weren't able to?
#12 Old 02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

What's the best haircut you've ever had?

What's the best haircut you're ever given?

I had a fun crazy cut from the rusk company in one of the salons I was working at a few years ago. An "emo" look. Short in parts, long in parts and very choppy and messy.

Attachment 19329

*very "emo" picture.*

I kind of like shaving my head down to a 4-8. Its freeing. I like the way mine is growing out right now. I start with a 4 then blend it up and leave the front. Its fun and I can do a faux hawk.

Well I love the more avantgarde things anything to get my creativity out. I really started doing hair because I love playing with color. I love it when people give me a general idea and say go at it! I love learning new techniques and trying them out on people.

Marilyn Monroe
#13 Old 02-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

What are your favourite bands? What was your favorite concert? Was there a group you wanted to see but weren't able to?

Wow this is difficult!

I am very eclectic with music. I guess right now I am more into the indie music. I think female fronted bands are far better then the male fronted. No absolute favorite bands though it makes the others jealous!

Best shows Concrete blonde, She wants revenge, Les Claypool, Type O negitave, Rise Against, Chevelle, Mimicking Birds (really nice guys), Tori Amos ....... and a bunch of local bands. I far prefer small venues to big ones. The crowds kind of scare me and I HATE seated concerts. I say seated concerts are for children and old people.

I wish I could have seen some old school grunge or ***** punk rock! I would give a pinky toe to see Maynard or Mike Patton in one of their bands. I am up for just about any concert though. I LOVE live music and if I could go to one almost every night I would.

Marilyn Monroe
#14 Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:

Best shows Concrete blonde, She wants revenge, Les Claypool, Type O negitave, Rise Against, Chevelle, Mimicking Birds (really nice guys), Tori Amos ....... and a bunch of local bands. I far prefer small venues to big ones. The crowds kind of scare me and I HATE seated concerts. I say seated concerts are for children and old people.

I wish I could have seen some old school grunge or ***** punk rock! I would give a pinky toe to see Maynard or Mike Patton in one of their bands. I am up for just about any concert though. I LOVE live music and if I could go to one almost every night I would.

Sounds like we have about the same taste in music, actually....

Maynard = <3

I have seen Tool in concert and saw Rise Against once as well, opening for another band. Personally, I was really bummed I didn't catch Tool, STP, Gogol Bordello or Kings of Leon on tour this summer. I was *so* close to seeing Les Claypool but it fell through... I tend toward music of the indie/alt/punk rock persuasion. Are you an Ani DiFranco fan, as well?

What about movies... do you have a favourite genre or favourite actors you especially enjoy?
#15 Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

what's the most fun hairstyle you've ever done?

most embarrassing moment?

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin
#16 Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

Are you an Ani DiFranco fan, as well?

What about movies... do you have a favourite genre or favourite actors you especially enjoy?

Have not heard much from her but she seems pretty nifty.

Movies I love horror, scifi, 80s, dark comedies, silly comedies and anything twisted. I do not go to the movies much because I prefer to be able to get up, get more drinks and chat a bit. I get super antsy during movies that are around 3 hours+.

Bruce Campbell is The MAN! I cant really think of actos that I go out of the way to see their movies or shows.

Marilyn Monroe
#17 Old 02-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Melodie!

Which do you prefer to wear most: Skirts, dresses, or comfy jeans?

Do you wear jewelry much? If so, what does your favorite piece of jewelry look like?

What would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with that special someone?

Have you ever seen wildlife up close and personal?

Card games or board games?

Strawberry jam or orange marmalade?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions! Take your time...

*this space not for sale*
#18 Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggily View Post

what's the most fun hairstyle you've ever done?

most embarrassing moment?

I just love doing friends hair when they let me do anything I want. It ends up choppy, and very crazy.

My life is an embarrassing moment. The worst ones I really can not say on an open fourm due to the facyt that was a long time ago and I was a different person. I have the uncanny ability to fall down over nothing. Its quite funny. Last year I sprained my ankle very bad swollen 2x in 3 months.

Marilyn Monroe
#19 Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Hi Melodie!

Which do you prefer to wear most: Skirts, dresses, or comfy jeans?

Do you wear jewelry much? If so, what does your favorite piece of jewelry look like?

What would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with that special someone?

Have you ever seen wildlife up close and personal?

Card games or board games?

Strawberry jam or orange marmalade?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions! Take your time...

I wear a lot of pants and jeans. I wish I had more skirts or dresses but I am so picky and I HATE to go shopping. I always HAVE to wear a belt because my pants are in a constant state of falling down if not but sometimes the belt hits my skin and I get a rash from the metal.

I always have on since I was like 14 a necklace that has stars for links. It has a hemitite ring on it now that I got from a taroitcard woman when I was leaving my husband. She told me a creative, artistic, sensitive man would sweep me off my feet. I do not really belive in that stuff much anymore but I wear the ring on my necklace to give me hope. I have 2 rings 1 a stary thing that my neice gave me and the other a small one with tiny diamonds and blue topaz that a crazy, obsessive ex gave me.

A picnic in the park with some vegetable salad, veggie sandwiches on think crispy bread and a bit of fruit. The drink spiked lemonade. The significant other and quality time would be the best part so the food can come second.

The weirdest "wildlife" story I can come up with is a time I was staying at my sisters house and I went out side for some nicotine and there was a raccoon in the back yard. We stared at each other for what felt like hours. Time was nonexistent.

I love board games and card games. Silly game night is one of my favorite pass times. if only 2 people cards are better but if 4 or more you better break out the cranium. If I had roommates who did not think I was a drunk, dumb, slut I would try to have a game night here once a month but they hate me.

I love the jam that you can see the parts of the fruit in it. the ones with seeds and thick gloppy parts. Nom!

Marilyn Monroe
#20 Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

If you could change your name to anything, what would you choose?

#21 Old 02-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Have not heard much from her but she seems pretty nifty.

Movies I love horror, scifi, 80s, dark comedies, silly comedies and anything twisted. I do not go to the movies much because I prefer to be able to get up, get more drinks and chat a bit. I get super antsy during movies that are around 3 hours+.

Bruce Campbell is The MAN! I cant really think of actos that I go out of the way to see their movies or shows.

"Hail to the king, baby"
#22 Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

If you could change your name to anything, what would you choose?

I would change keep the first name except spell it with Y - Melody and change my last name to the pseudonym that I use so it would be Melody Harlow. Harlow is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Harlow.

Marilyn Monroe
#23 Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 PM

Any truth to the rumor that the only people you seem to go out with are freaks, weirdos, emo, or a combination of all 3?
#24 Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

What size parka do you wear?
#25 Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

What would you rather be doing than answering questions about yourself on an internet forum?

#26 Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

What do you put on your pizza?

What's your favorite kind of cuisine?

What's your view of circuses, zoos and other animal-related (non)entertainment?

Which is worse, South Florida off-season or South Florida on-season?

*this space not for sale*
#27 Old 02-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholy024 View Post

Any truth to the rumor that the only people you seem to go out with are freaks, weirdos, emo, or a combination of all 3?

Well they keep life interesting. I would not date someone who was normal and boring. And becides I am not the sanest, most normal person out there. I like people to keep me on my toes and have adventures with.

Marilyn Monroe
#28 Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

What size parka do you wear?

Well according to this chart http://swimx.stores.yahoo.net/parkasizechart.html It would be about a medium in adults.

I assume I would never need one here unless there is a major climate change. I hate bulky clothes.

I would deal thought to hang out with you Mr!

Marilyn Monroe
#29 Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What would you rather be doing than answering questions about yourself on an internet forum?

I wish I had money to go to the they Might Be Giants show tonight. They are playing at an awesome venue. That show would be kick ass. I know a few people who are going to it to hang out with after also.

Marilyn Monroe
#30 Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 PM

That blows. I'd love to go that show
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page