Originally Posted by IamJen
"Star of the Week" is your chance to get to know one VBer just a bit better. Each interviewee will be asked a standard 20 questions, and then then their answers are posted here, to start the thread.
Other members are welcome to ask questions, but are asked to limit themselves to 2 questions at a time, in order to allow the interviewee time to respond, and to give everyone a chance to ask something.
This week's star....unovegan
I've asked unovegan to post his answers to the starter questions, in this thread.
Gender/Age/Location -Male/37/United States
- Are you vegetarian or vegan (or something else)? Vegan
- How do you spend your working week? I'm a case manager with TASC (Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities). Basically I work with parolees with a goal of stopping them from returning to prison utilizing community assistance.
- How long have you been veg*n? almost 18 years vegetarian, vegan for about 16 years.
- How did you find VeggieBoards? Boredom with other veg*n sites.
- What is the meaning behind your username? About 12 years ago I was looking for a webtv!! name. It popped up on my radar and I've used it ever since. I didn't want a snooty vegan name and it's done the job.
- Have you ever met anyone famous? Depends on the definition of. I've seen Alan Alda in passing in Italy. I've known quite a few hardcore/punk underground folk over the years.
- Do you live with any companion animals? A catahoula hound/australian shepherd mix named Sadie, 3 cats-My oldest son Bunny, my wife's Jasemine and a semi tame feral named Tushy we brought in the house before mountain lions or coyotes got her.
- Do you live with any companion humans? A wife named Shannon. My 4 year old boy named Sam and our 8 month old daughter Maya.
- Where is your favorite place that you have visited? Tulum, Mexico was wonderful. Swimming with tropical fish that I raised as a kid was amazing.
- Ninjas or pirates? Pirates, because I've had some burly beards. I was also in a hardcore band that we almost named Beard.
- What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? Giving the animals a break. Knowing that in this messed up world, I'm actually giving a damn even though at times I wonder if it's worth it.
- What is your favorite VB
post? Tough one. I think that any of the threads that have given me pause would be up there. i've learned alot even though I hate to admit it at times.
- With whom would you most love to have dinner? IDK. There's lot of people that I'd like to get to know. No one particular stands out. Oh yeah, every single person on this board. Even the ones I'd love to smack at times.
- Do you have any secret talents? Yes I do.
- What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? I make really good vegan pancakes. They're healthy yet very tasty.
- What's your favorite restaurant? I might have to go with Watercourse veg*n restaurant in Denver. Totally impressed and vegan desserts to die for.
- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? Work out until exhaustion or maybe watch a good comedy (Anchorman, Groundhog Day, etc.)
- What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster? Haven't really had a major cooking disaster. I made a vegan Italian Creme Cake and put icing in the middle and on top. Forgot to actually coat the thing all the way around. Wondered about the look.
- What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? Over Xmas, I think i'll try a vegan lasagna utilizing cream cheese/tofu in the inside and tofutti slices on top. boom.