Originally Posted by sunshinegal
awesome thanks! Here are my answers:
Gender/Age/Location - Female/30/FL, US
- Are you vegetarian or vegan (or something else)? I am a vegetarian working towards being vegan. I would say I eat about 90-95% vegan.
- How do you spend your working week? I spend it working pretty hard. I run a department of over 50 people so I can barely remember my own name by the time Friday ends.
- How long have you been veg*n? 10 years as a vegetarian, with bouts of veganism in there as well.
- How did you find VeggieBoards? I think a Google search brought me here. I have been addicted every since.
- What is the meaning behind your username? Well I live in FL (the sunshine state) and I am a girl. Put those together and you get sunshinegal
- Have you ever met anyone famous? I have met most members of an older Red Wings team. I think that is about it. Made me very happy, I am a die hard Red Wings fan!
Oh and I have literally ran into Hulk Hogan in a store by where I live. It was rather creepy since he was wearing man tights and I ran right into those. LOL
- Do you live with any companion animals? Yuppers, 2 cats. Gizmo is 2 years old and Panza is 10, soon to be 11. They are both my babies.
- Do you live with any companion humans? I live with my husband, we were just married in September so we are newlyweds, and his daughter is with us part time.
- Where is your favorite place that you have visited? My favorite place is the cabin that my dad owns in the northern parts of Michigan. It is so peaceful.
I have some family in AZ and that was a fun place to go and see, but not a place I would want to live.
My favorite place is where I live in Florida though. It always feels like I am on vacation here with the sun, the warmth and the palm trees.
- Ninjas or pirates? Definitely Ninjas. They are stealthy and will sneak up on you before you know it! My cats think they are Ninjas for sure.
- What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? I have enjoyed trying all new foods and expanding my food horizon. I used to be stuck in this rut of cheese, cheese and more cheese. It was horrible. Now I get to try all sorts of delicious foods, I feel better and healthier as well. I also feel peace with what I eat. Now I just wish more people would do this so animals could suffer less.
- What is your favorite VB
post? The weight loss challenge threads, EDM thread, vegan threads and the introduction threads. It is nice getting to meet all of the new people.
- With whom would you most love to have dinner? I would love to have dinner with my Great Grandma who passed away. I would love to hear about her childhood, how my grandma and my mom and aunts were as kids. It would be lovely to hear about the olden days and how the world was then.
I also would love to have dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio (small teenage crush that never went away) and Jim Carey so I could laugh my butt off. I am sure he could entertain me!
- Do you have any secret talents? I call myself the cat whisperer. I have this weird knack of making paranoid cats feel more at ease and eventually they become more relaxed level headed cats the more time that I spend and work with them. I make them calm and submissive! haha
- What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? Wow, I stink at cooking. But I think the recipe my family likes most is this stuffing that I make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They also like any vegan baked goods I make.
- What's your favorite restaurant? Cheesecake Factory. I dont really care about the cheesecake but they have tons of veg*n options and their food is delicious!
- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? I talk to my hubby, I will do some form of exercise (yoga, weights, cardio) as it always makes me feel better. I also like some retail therapy at times. It will give me a little pick me up that I need!
- What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster? Oh I remember a specific incident that was just nasty. I was making lasagna, and for some reason I forgot to chop or cook the garlic before throwing it into the lasagna and oven. So when we went to go eat the lasagna there were like whole garlic clove surprises in the lasagna that werent cooked. Oh man, was that lasagna spicy! lol
- What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? Pizza with realistic cheese alternative. I have yet to find an alternative that I like. And cheese is my downfall. I also would love to veganize this sweet butter cream Ben & Jerrys ice cream, oh how delicious it is!