VB Star of the [Mid]Week: Angelik! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 10-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

"Star of the Week" is your chance to get to know one VBer just a bit better. Each interviewee will be asked a standard 20 questions, and then then their answers are posted here, to start the thread.

Other members are welcome to ask questions, but are asked to limit themselves to 2 questions at a time, in order to allow the interviewee time to respond, and to give everyone a chance to ask something.

This week's star...Angelik!

Incase anyones wondering, yes, we are starting her thread on a Wednesday for a change- partly just cos we can, and mainly cos she's awesome enough to bend the rules a bit for. So.... on to the interveiwing!

Her answers:

- Gender/Age/Location - Female/36/OK, US

- Are you vegetarian or vegan (or something else)? I am vegan.

- How do you spend your working week? Well, I recently started a new job working three 12 hour shifts per week. So that has given me more freedom to concentrate more on my homework (boo!), and more time for internet (win!).

- How long have you been veg*n? I have been vegetarian for over 7 years now, I have been vegan just over 1 now!

- How did you find VeggieBoards? I was encouraged by another member to join. (see below)

- What is the meaning behind your username? Nothing too exciting really. I just figured the name Angel was probably taken, so as I pondered what username I might possibly choose, I saw someone on Requiem with the name Angelik, so I stole it.

- Have you ever met anyone famous? I have! I met D'arcy of Smashing Pumpkins, which is a weird story, but she was nice!

I have also met the lead singer of Monster Magnet (heehee).

I have also met Bruce Campbell, which was awesome! I actually have a pic of that somewhere. It was unbelievable being that close to such awesomeness.

- Do you live with any companion animals? Yes, I sometimes feel like it's Animal Kingdom here. I live with 4 cats, a Chihuahua, and 4 aquariums with many fish.

- Do you live with any companion humans? I live with my absolute bestest friend who just so happens to also be the love of my life. Some of you my know him as Brandon.

- Where is your favorite place that you have visited? Unfortunately, I haven't been too many places. Some places I have been that I really liked were Painted Desert National Park, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada. I really, really love the desert. I remember feeling very comfortable and like I was at home there and I've always wanted to go back.

- Ninjas or pirates? Ninjas! They come in stealth, in fact, one is probably standing behind you now! Pirates are all loud and drunk, you could be in the next state before they find you.

- What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? I enjoy the fact that no animals had to suffer for me to live. I don't believe in speciesism, and my lifestyle reflects that. I feel more aware of life itself, and my surroundings. Plus, like paisleyjane said, the food is delicious!

- What is your favorite VB post? I hang out a lot in SFP. I also like the Oklahoma thread (woot for the 405!), and User Picture thread, EDM thread, and like looking at posts in The Veggie Patch, and Vegan Discussion.

- With whom would you most love to have dinner? Let's see...Thom Yorke, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Isa Chandra Moskowitz (if she's cooking), Kurt Cobain, Mos Def, and some of my relatives I miss that have passed away.

- Do you have any secret talents? Hmmm...I have really long arms and can scratch my back anywhere it itches! I don't know if that's a talent or a freak show.

- What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? Oh...hrrmm...cooking is definitely not one of my talents. I always liked my spaghetti that I made, I can follow recipes and bake, but cooking is Brandon's domain. He enjoys cooking, so when we moved I pretty much said "this is your kitchen to do what you want." He's a really great cook by the way.

- What's your favorite restaurant? I like getting take-our from Himalayas (Indian), or Taj (Indian buffet), or Sweet Basil (Thai). Best place I've ever eaten though has to be Spiral Diner in Dallas, TX. An all vegan restauraunt! Unheard of here in OK. Thank you iheartfalafel for introducing us to it!

- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? I do silly things like go shopping, sometimes buying yourself something just because reminds you that you're worth it. I also play with the pets, Oliver can usually do something funny, and I talk to B. He's always been one of my biggest encouragers.

- What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?Eek, back when I was single and living alone a few years ago, I could whip out some disasters! I've kind of blocked them out, but I think they involved rice with frozen vegetables or pasta.

- What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? Ben and Jerry's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. I haven't even tried to find an equivalent, that would be disastrous! I would also veg*nize all make-up, beer, and wines!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

What day of the week were you born on?

Have you ever burped and farted at the same time?
#3 Old 10-27-2009, 10:07 PM

Whats your favorite time of day?

where would you love to vacation, anywhere in the world, if you could?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroque View Post

What day of the week were you born on?

Have you ever burped and farted at the same time?

I was born on a Saturday, 11:20 pm.

No, I can't say that I have! I can be long winded, but I have yet to achieve air passage from both ends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Whats your favorite time of day?

where would you love to vacation, anywhere in the world, if you could?

I love the night, I always feel so alive. Unfortunately I have a day job, but when I'm off I'm usually up pretty late.

If I could go anywhere in the world right now, it would probably be to see my cousin while she's in Europe. I've always wanted to see Germany, and she's very close by, I'd have to go see Paris while there as well.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#5 Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

what's your favourite b movie?

favourite nailpolish?

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#6 Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves?

Nec Aspera Terrent
#7 Old 10-28-2009, 03:46 AM
Banned

Frisbee or hacky sack?

Do you now own, or have ever owned, a tie-dyed article of clothing?
#8 Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Veggie Regular

1. Better vacation: Staying home for a week, and being lazy, All-inclusive trip to Mexico, or week in Las Vegas?

2. What color do you want to paint the bathroom? What about the floor, what to do there?

3. Are you dreading the holidays as much as I am?
#9 Old 10-28-2009, 07:22 AM

You met Bruce Campbell!!!

What is your favourite sport to watch?
#10 Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 AM

Do you have a special quiet place you like to go to get away from everything? Not necessarily a vacation destination, it could just be a corner of your house, or a tree out in your yard, that sort of thing.

If you could have a romantic vegan dinner with just you and your significant other, what would the ideal menu be?
#11 Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Banned

What is the biggest misconception about Oklahoma?

Star Trek or Star Wars?
#12 Old 10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

A new device has been invented: it can instantly implant any language of your choice directly into your brain, but only one. What language would would you choose to learn?

Do you have anything embarrassing to tell us about Brandon? ( mostly kidding on this one, feel free to ignore)
#13 Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

What is your favorite quote?

What is your favorite veg-related quote?

#14 Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Bruce Campbell, eh? What's your favorite movie of his?

The Big Bad.
#15 Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

WHY are you vegan?
#16 Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

what's your favourite b movie?

favourite nailpolish?

It would have to be either Rocky Horror, or Evil Dead 2. I remember the first time I saw Evil Dead 2, that was probably about the hardest I've ever laughed in my life! Rocky Horror is just so much fun!

Although I don't wear nail polish on my nails, I like to paint my toenails either red, purple, or that color that almost looks black but isn't. I don't normally use a certain brand, I'm open for suggestions though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves?

Gotta go with Zombies! They are much more scary, and according to Dawn of the Dead, can run freaking fast and know the way to shopping malls! My trips to Target my never be the same one day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

Frisbee or hacky sack?

Do you now own, or have ever owned, a tie-dyed article of clothing?

I like Frisbee, I love trying to see how far I can throw one.

Yes, I hate to admit, I have owned an article of tie-dyed clothing. Even worse, it was a shirt I actually made myself! It turned out well, but...yeah...*hangs head in shame*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

1. Better vacation: Staying home for a week, and being lazy, All-inclusive trip to Mexico, or week in Las Vegas?

2. What color do you want to paint the bathroom? What about the floor, what to do there?

3. Are you dreading the holidays as much as I am?

1. I love Vegas, but I have to pick Mexico! I definitely have to sit on a beach with a cold beer before I die! All-inclusive would be the bomb-diggity. We could go to Vegas the next year!

2. I would like to paint the bathroom a pretty, glossy, red. As far as the floor, I wouldn't mind doing a vinyl floor that looked like gray flagstone. Some of that fake stuff looks pretty good! I don't think it would match the counter-top though, so it would have to be lighter. Decisions, decisions...

3. I certainly am! Here's my PSA for today: I just want to say to all of you out there, if you wish to always enjoy the holidays, never work retail.

I am looking forward to New Year's Eve with The Flaming Lips though!

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#17 Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

You met Bruce Campbell!!!

What is your favourite sport to watch?

Thanks, it was really cool! B was there as well. I might have to try to dig those pics up sometime.

I like College American football. I really like watching Oklahoma University, and although our season is pretty much done, I still look forward to going to the game on Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

Do you have a special quiet place you like to go to get away from everything? Not necessarily a vacation destination, it could just be a corner of your house, or a tree out in your yard, that sort of thing.

If you could have a romantic vegan dinner with just you and your significant other, what would the ideal menu be?

Usually sitting at my computer, looking at VB or "net window shopping" is one of my places to get away. I also like our aquarium room, I just adore fish, and they are so peaceful to watch. I need to get in there more often.

If I could plan a romantic vegan menu, I would love for Isa Chandra Moskowitz herself to come whip up her Pad Thai recipe for us! Really spicy too, we're freaks for spicy foods! For desert it would probably be a piece of vegan chocolate cake, although B really doesn't care for sweets at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTree15 View Post

What is the biggest misconception about Oklahoma?

Star Trek or Star Wars?

The biggest misconception I think is that we're all a bunch of rednecks! I certainly don't like country music, own a farm, drive a tractor, or go mudding. I'm sure people also think we ride horses everywhere, I've only been on one like once in my entire life, and I was a kid.

I like both, but I have to say Star Wars. I like them all too, even the prequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

A new device has been invented: it can instantly implant any language of your choice directly into your brain, but only one. What language would would you choose to learn?

Do you have anything embarrassing to tell us about Brandon? ( mostly kidding on this one, feel free to ignore)

Spanish, hands down! Then B and I could communicate in two languages, plus it would be very useful to me in my career.

I cannot divulge any secrets about Brandon on the grounds it may get me killt dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

What is your favorite quote?

What is your favorite veg-related quote?

My favorite quote would be "Youth is wasted on the young" by George Bernard Shaw. It's crazy to me that here I am in my 30's, yet I feel younger now than I ever have!

As far as veg quotes, I like this one:

"You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car." ~Harvey Diamond

True if you think about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Bruce Campbell, eh? What's your favorite movie of his?

I like Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. I still haven't seen Bubba Hotep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie View Post

WHY are you vegan?

I don't see a reason not to be. I don't see the point in making an animal give it's milk so that I can consume it, animals wean from milk, so should humans.

#18 Old 10-28-2009, 03:07 PM

If you could have a really cool eco-home built into a tree, would you want to live there? You like fish. What about living in a eco-home in the ocean? If neither of these appeal to you, are there any really cool home designs/styles that you especially fancy?
#19 Old 10-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

If you could have a really cool eco-home built into a tree, would you want to live there? You like fish. What about living in a eco-home in the ocean? If neither of these appeal to you, are there any really cool home designs/styles that you especially fancy?

While I do love trees, (I love art that involves trees) I wouldn't want to disturb it by living in one. However, when you talk about living in the ocean, how is it that I never thought of that! As long as the house could be built not to destroy any marine life or reefs, I would be all about it! I would want it made of glass, so I could see every fish around me! I think eco-homes are awesome!

#20 Old 10-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Banned

What gift did you really really really really want for Christmas/Birthday when you were 11?
#21 Old 10-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelik View Post

"You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car." ~Harvey Diamond

Oooh, I like that one!
#22 Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelik

Quote:

Oooh, I like that one!

Me too! I just posted it on my FB page! lol
#23 Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Veggie Regular

What are your favorite movies? Why?

Who are your favorite musicians? Why (if you could possibly explain?
#24 Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Why do you hate tie-dye?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#25 Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I see that you are a fan of zombies .

Did you see the movie Zombieland starring Woody Harrelson ( who is also a vegan ) , and if so did you like it ?

Also , do you like eggplant ? I for one can't stand it !
#26 Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Stand up, close your eyes and spin around once. Stick your hand out and point to something before opening your eyes. What did you point at?

What world record would you like to break?
#27 Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

What gift did you really really really really want for Christmas/Birthday when you were 11?

Hmmm...I would figure that it was probably some sort of Atari game, or probably something lame. I might have wanted something that was popular with all the other girls in school at that time.

Quote:

Oooh, I like that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelik

Me too! I just posted it on my FB page! lol

Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

What are your favorite movies? Why?

Who are your favorite musicians? Why (if you could possibly explain?

Pretty In Pink, it makes me feel like I'm a kid again.

Say Anything, Better Off Dead, One Crazy Summer and most of those old John Cusack movies, he was and still is adorable! The scene in Say Anything with the boom box is a classic.

The Crow, I think quite a few girls my age like this movie. Brandon Lee was excellent in that movie.

Jackie Brown, I just love the dynamic of that movie, every character has a purpose. Pam Grier owns in that movie, you want her to come out on top.

Lost In Translation, such a great movie about connecting with someone, and finding yourself in the process.

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, that movie is so fun and you gotta love Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect (played by Mos Def!). I love the series of books as well, Douglas Adams was such a great writer.

As far as musicians:

I love so many! I love Mike Patton because he's the man of 1,000 voices, I'm still a big Faith No More fan.

Chris Cornell, I've liked him since I was 17! Soundgarden is one of my most favorite bands, I'm still holding out hopes for a reunion.

Nirvana, such a great band, so glad I saw them live. Now at least we have Foo Fighters, they are awesome live as well!

Beck, he's so inventive with sound.

Wilco, they are probably one of the most underrated bands ever.

Interpol, their sound is original yet so reminiscent of Joy Division.

The White Stripes, they came out with a different sound for their time. Jack White is awesome in The Raconteurs as well.

The Flaming Lips, I can never stay in a bad mood while listening to them.

Thom Yorke, I love Radiohead, I love his solo stuff. To me his voice itself is an instrument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Why do you hate tie-dye?

I mean no offense, it's just not my thing. I just don't feel comfortable in that style of clothing, I've been told I'm kind of foo-foo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroque View Post

Stand up, close your eyes and spin around once. Stick your hand out and point to something before opening your eyes. What did you point at?

What world record would you like to break?

My Eiffel tower lamp, which rocks!

If I could break a world record, I would like to break it for continuous disco dancing. Might as well make it fun!

#28 Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromSM View Post

I see that you are a fan of zombies .

Did you see the movie Zombieland starring Woody Harrelson ( who is also a vegan ) , and if so did you like it ?

Also , do you like eggplant ? I for one can't stand it !

Oops! Missed yours in the multi-quote.

I haven't seen Zombieland yet. I would like to, but I keep forgetting about it being out there. I'm always behind on movies. *sigh*

I do like eggplant. I've had it in some Indian dishes like Aloo Baningan and Baingan Bhurtha that are awesome!

#29 Old 10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

You have great taste in movies and music .

Did you like Napoleon Dynamite ?

A White Stripes song is featured in the intro .
#30 Old 10-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Did you walk to work today or did you pack a lunch?

Where is my remote control?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page