"Star of the Week" is your chance to get to know one VBer just a bit better. Each interviewee will be asked a standard 20 questions, and then then their answers are posted here, to start the thread.
Other members are welcome to ask questions, but are asked to limit themselves to 2 questions at a time, in order to allow the interviewee time to respond, and to give everyone a chance to ask something.
This week's star...Angelik!
Incase anyones wondering, yes, we are starting her thread on a Wednesday for a change- partly just cos we can, and mainly cos she's awesome enough to bend the rules a bit for. So.... on to the interveiwing!
- Gender/Age/Location - Female/36/OK, US
- Are you vegetarian or vegan (or something else)? I am vegan.
- How do you spend your working week? Well, I recently started a new job working three 12 hour shifts per week. So that has given me more freedom to concentrate more on my homework (boo!), and more time for internet (win!).
- How long have you been veg*n? I have been vegetarian for over 7 years now, I have been vegan just over 1 now!
- How did you find VeggieBoards? I was encouraged by another member to join. (see below)
- What is the meaning behind your username? Nothing too exciting really. I just figured the name Angel was probably taken, so as I pondered what username I might possibly choose, I saw someone on Requiem with the name Angelik, so I stole it.
- Have you ever met anyone famous? I have! I met D'arcy of Smashing Pumpkins, which is a weird story, but she was nice!
I have also met the lead singer of Monster Magnet (heehee).
I have also met Bruce Campbell, which was awesome! I actually have a pic of that somewhere. It was unbelievable being that close to such awesomeness.
- Do you live with any companion animals? Yes, I sometimes feel like it's Animal Kingdom here. I live with 4 cats, a Chihuahua, and 4 aquariums with many fish.
- Do you live with any companion humans? I live with my absolute bestest friend who just so happens to also be the love of my life. Some of you my know him as Brandon.
- Where is your favorite place that you have visited? Unfortunately, I haven't been too many places. Some places I have been that I really liked were Painted Desert National Park, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada. I really, really love the desert. I remember feeling very comfortable and like I was at home there and I've always wanted to go back.
- Ninjas or pirates? Ninjas! They come in stealth, in fact, one is probably standing behind you now! Pirates are all loud and drunk, you could be in the next state before they find you.
- What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? I enjoy the fact that no animals had to suffer for me to live. I don't believe in speciesism, and my lifestyle reflects that. I feel more aware of life itself, and my surroundings. Plus, like paisleyjane said, the food is delicious!
- What is your favorite VB
post? I hang out a lot in SFP. I also like the Oklahoma thread (woot for the 405!), and User Picture thread, EDM thread, and like looking at posts in The Veggie Patch, and Vegan Discussion.
- With whom would you most love to have dinner? Let's see...Thom Yorke, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Isa Chandra Moskowitz (if she's cooking), Kurt Cobain, Mos Def, and some of my relatives I miss that have passed away.
- Do you have any secret talents? Hmmm...I have really long arms and can scratch my back anywhere it itches! I don't know if that's a talent or a freak show.
- What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? Oh...hrrmm...cooking is definitely not one of my talents. I always liked my spaghetti that I made, I can follow recipes and bake, but cooking is Brandon's domain. He enjoys cooking, so when we moved I pretty much said "this is your kitchen to do what you want." He's a really great cook by the way.
- What's your favorite restaurant? I like getting take-our from Himalayas (Indian), or Taj (Indian buffet), or Sweet Basil (Thai). Best place I've ever eaten though has to be Spiral Diner in Dallas, TX. An all vegan restauraunt! Unheard of here in OK. Thank you iheartfalafel for introducing us to it!
- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? I do silly things like go shopping, sometimes buying yourself something just because reminds you that you're worth it. I also play with the pets, Oliver can usually do something funny, and I talk to B. He's always been one of my biggest encouragers.
- What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?Eek, back when I was single and living alone a few years ago, I could whip out some disasters! I've kind of blocked them out, but I think they involved rice with frozen vegetables or pasta.
- What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? Ben and Jerry's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. I haven't even tried to find an equivalent, that would be disastrous! I would also veg*nize all make-up, beer, and wines!