Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroque View Post

What's the cube root of 512?

What Beatles song most embodies you?

How many jelly beans do you count in this picture?

I have no idea about maths - I went to a rubbish school ho provided a really poor education and wasn't allowed to take higher maths. Google calculator tells me that the cube root of 512 is 8 but that's cheating

I'm not that into the Beatles but I'd say 'A day in the life'

I can see 102 jellybeans - counting parts of jellybeans as a whole

do I win a jar of them? Are they vegan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Banned

What do you think is the best thing that can be made from soybeans? Not like a meal, but soy milk/tofu/edamame etc.

What is the strangest dream you remember having?
#33 Old 09-22-2009, 05:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Who is the person that most inspires you?

What do you want to be when you grow up? (sky is the limit)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

What do you think is the best thing that can be made from soybeans? Not like a meal, but soy milk/tofu/edamame etc.

What is the strangest dream you remember having?

I think Soy milk is the best thing that can be made - I prefer rice milk nowadays but soy milk enables people to substitute for cows milk and is really popular now. I never used to eat breakfast because I didn't like drinking cows milk - didnt have any breakfast for most of my life until I discovered soy milk.

The strangest dream I remember having? I've had a few recurring dreams which I always find fascinating. Also I've had a few where I've dreamed I'm falling and when I hit the ground I sort of jump myself awake in bed? I quite like that I think.

A few years ago when me and the wife were staying in a hotel I dreamed there was an evil baby in the minibar - that was scary I was apparently talking about it in my sleep. I used to sleepwalk a bit when I was younger and apparently told my parents I'd smasked the car up with a pan of socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

Who is the person that most inspires you?

What do you want to be when you grow up? (sky is the limit)

I don't really have a single person that inspires me - I find sport inspiring in general; Usually I think tales of ordinary downtrodden people who make good are inspiring but I can't thnk of any offhand.

When I grow up I want to be able to spend lots of time with my family - Ideally I'd like to have a business that runs itself and I can live off the profits and have a good time. Unfortunately I have not got there but I'm still growing up.

I don't want my kids to follow the same paths that I did. I wish I'd done something like 'Politics, Philosophy and Economics' at uni but I ended up doing a more vocational degree which assured me of a job rather than a 'floury degree'
#35 Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Banned

I do remember that car having a little more off the line when it had a muffler.
#36 Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Banned

If you were an animal, what kind would you be?

If you were given £1,000 and told you had to spend it within an hour, what would you do with it?
#37 Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Not that I recommend anyone doing this but....

If you could only have one item from each of the food groups for the rest of your life what would you choose and why?
#38 Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 AM

Who do you admire?

What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
#39 Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned

Which party do you think will when the next general election?

Do you support devolution?
#40 Old 09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Out of the four "elements" , (Air, earth, fire and water), which one do you think represents you the best?
#41 Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

If you were an animal, what kind would you be?

If you were given £1,000 and told you had to spend it within an hour, what would you do with it?

I'd like to be a tiger but I'm too docile so I'd probably be a sloth or something - I'm very risk averse, not an adrenaline junkie, I'd rather cuddle up and watch telly.

I could spend £1,000 on CD's in a lot less than an hour, same with books - I have wishlists a mile long programmed into my phone so there would be no time wasted - just let me know when the money's in my bank and the time's started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

Not that I recommend anyone doing this but....

If you could only have one item from each of the food groups for the rest of your life what would you choose and why?

Hmmm, I'll need to google to see what I can choose here . . . I'll use the Vegan Food Pyramid (http://www.veganfoodpyramid.com)

Veggies - Brocolli - Self explanatory, it is lovely

Fruit - Mango, yummy but a bugger to prepare

Whole grains etc - Noodles - I don't see why I would need much else;

Fortified Dairy Substitutes - Soya Custard - I could drink this by the carton

Legumes etc - tofu comes in here so I'll take that

At the top - nuts, a bit generic but I love to nibble on nuts . . . .
#42 Old 09-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

Who do you admire?

What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

Didn't I already do this? I don't know who I admire tbh, I can see the faults in everyone. Can I say Muhammad Ali which might be a bit of a cop out but I do admire how he was prepared to put his entire career and life on hold for his principles.

Alcohol - Cider probably, Westons is nice (and vegan). I quite like a whisky for my spirit but if I'm out and about I'm a G&T man . . .
#43 Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

Which party do you think will when the next general election?

Do you support devolution?

I reckon the Tories are more or less in which might be a shame, I don't think Goggsy has done much wrong but I think changing governments every now and again is a good thing - Labour have been in too long and Tony just turned them into an evil bunch of lying crooks.

I do support devolution and I think Scotland would be better off as an independent nation but I don't think Westminster will let it happen until the oil is more or less gone, then we're fecked anyway. I'd like to see Scotland given more devolved powers in the short term. Independence would be difficult to achieve for lots of reasons but I'm all for it - you can keep the Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dude View Post

Out of the four "elements" , (Air, earth, fire and water), which one do you think represents you the best?

Earth - I love nature, love being in the hills and the countryside. I'm not a firey person and I don't like too much water. I aint airy fairy either.

I just googled a test which confirms I am earthy too!
#44 Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post

Didn't I already do this?

A thousand apologies!

Fawlty Towers or Friends? (I really am crap at thinking up questions.)
#45 Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

A thousand apologies!

Fawlty Towers or Friends? (I really am crap at thinking up questions.)

999 apologies accepted - you can keep the other one as it was a different question with the same answer

Fawlty Towers without a doubt! Friends is sooooo dated and female
#46 Old 09-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Fawlty Towers rocks.

Have you ever met anybody just like Basil Fawlty?

Marooned on a deserted island - which particular CDs do you own that would keep you going until you were rescued?

*this space not for sale*
#47 Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Banned

love is love!

#48 Old 09-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Fawlty Towers rocks.

Have you ever met anybody just like Basil Fawlty?

Marooned on a deserted island - which particular CDs do you own that would keep you going until you were rescued?

No, thank god I have not met anyone like Basil Fawlty although it's nice to have characters. I once stayed in a B&B with a workmate and we were convined the owner was a serial killer - he kept alluding to his wife, who we never saw and he was barred from all the shops and bars in the village . . .

Desert Island CDs - That's a hard one, I'd have to have an array of different types to suit my different moods. I don't want to be all Alan Partridge with the old 'greatest hits' but maybe Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan 'compilations'. Ride the Lightning by Metallica for heaviness, No angel by Dido for chilling, the Holy Bible or Generation Terrorists by the manics . . melancholy and the infinite sadness maybe.

I'd have to get rescued soon though - I don't like to stick with the same music for long . . .
#49 Old 09-29-2009, 06:56 AM

Thanks The Lurker (or maybe former lurker? )

This week's interview will be up soon...there's a bit of a delay.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page