Halloween Additions (making Halloween less routine) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

Is this Halloween expected to be no different from every other one preceding?

Here's a thread to remedy that.

Basically list an idea you have that you don't think other people have that would make Halloween that much more entertaining if not less boring like the usual door-to-door candy begging as well as the door answering every 15 minutes.

Here's my suggestion:

When you're carving pumpkins (assuming you're carving pumpkins), don't scrap the pumpkin guts, that's a waste! Instead save them in a bowl and separate the gunk from the seeds.

Later, take the gunk and use it as fertilizer, it will help your garden grow (and the animals love it too), then take the seeds, wash the juice off of them, sprinkle them as salt and then microwave them for about 30 seconds. When they come out they'll be sweet salty seeds that make a great snack! Seriously, they're quite tasty, especially with salt, plus it's vegan!

A normal-sized pumpkin generally produces a small bowl's worth of seeds.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 AM

my mom has always saved our pumpkin seeds, sprinkled some spices on them, and roasted them in the oven. they're sooo good! i've never heard of the orange gunk stuff being used as fertilizer, though.
#3 Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

well, we're going down the secret tunnel.

to copy my idea, you will need your very own secret tunnel. aren't you jealous?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 PM

I would love to roast pumpkin seeds for Halloween. However, this year it's too late for us to get pumpkins, unfortunately.

This Halloween is different for me this year, as this is the first year I'm having a Halloween party at my house. I'm making my first test batch of vegan cupcakes this week to see if I would want to make some for the party.

I don't have any real "unique" Halloween ideas, except maybe to go on a trip to a famous Halloween attraction that's either close to home or somewhere far away...
#5 Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Banned

Vegan Cupcakes. Not a bad idea, it almost seems to suit Halloween.
#6 Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrylove View Post

my mom has always saved our pumpkin seeds, sprinkled some spices on them, and roasted them in the oven. they're sooo good! i've never heard of the orange gunk stuff being used as fertilizer, though.

Cool Beans....My Mom Too..Thats what I was gonna say...never heard the fertilizer use either...thanx for the tip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page