• 1 Post By Purp
  • 1 Post By shellie
  • 2 Post By karenlovessnow
  • 1 Post By Purp
  • 2 Post By shellie

#1 Old 11-16-2018, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool U.S. Thanksgiving

What veg dishes are you making for Thanksgiving this year? I think I'll make a vegan chocolate pie, a rice dish, a roasted veggie dish, and an alternate main dish.
Ger Jonker likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Just the traditional Thanksgiving sides. My cousin will bring a green bean casserole. We'll have mashed potatoes, fruit salad, I'll make rolls. My mom is making the cranberry sauce. My mom is making a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie and I'll be making rice kirspy treats (I use marshmallow fluff instead of marshmallows so it's vegetarian, I'm sure you could use some kind of syrup to make a similar treat that would be vegan).
#3 Old 11-22-2018, 03:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I have high aspirations but I'm doubtful that I will accomplish them all, lol. I always do this...say, "oh, I'm going to make this, and I'm going to make that" and then never manage to follow through. That said, I did manage to bake two apple pies and a pumpkin cheesecake pie. I like to start with dessert...that way, If I fizzle out, who cares about the main dish...at least there's dessert!

I am up early, though, so I'm about to go and saute' some garlic/onions/celery for a nut roast. This will be my first time making a nut roast. I searched until I found a recipe that I think I can work with. I hope it comes out ok.

I'm also making mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and Brussels sprouts.

*fingers crossed*
Tom and Ger Jonker like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-22-2018, 09:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Happy Thanksgiving Day! --

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
#5 Old 11-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Ger Jonker likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#6 Old 11-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Veggie Regular

How did your nut roast come out? Our family frequently makes them and they taste great but for presentation you are supposed to be able to turn them out of the loaf pan... Mine always fall apart at that stage so we just leave them in the pan and dish it out that way.

Our family always starts with dessert too, instead of breakfast
Purp and David3 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page