VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian/Vegan Holidays (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/118-vegetarian-vegan-holidays/)
-   -   The Official Veggieboards Christmas Thread 2017! (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/118-vegetarian-vegan-holidays/227732-official-veggieboards-christmas-thread-2017-a.html)

Werewolf Girl 12-16-2017 02:12 PM

The Official Veggieboards Christmas Thread 2017!
 
I've been so busy this season that Christmas seems to have come out of nowhere, it's only a little over a week away!

What is everyone doing for the holidays this year? I'll be visiting with family and friends and giving vegan cookies to everyone as gifts! :santa::santa:

I'm going to be making these recipes this weekend to give to coworkers during the week:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/...5d8a343fe1.jpg

Vegan Gingerbread Cookies: http://www.isachandra.com/2008/12/th...gerbread-past/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/...d8331c235a.jpg

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows: http://www.isachandra.com/2009/03/pe...utter-pillows/

http://vegweb.com/sites/default/file...?itok=CBEsmECL

Just like Granny B's Sugar Cookies: http://vegweb.com/recipes/just-granny-bs-sugar-cookies


I'm thinking of trying a few new recipes this year but I'm having trouble deciding... Does anyone have any favourite vegan Christmas recipes to share? What kind of food are you guys making this year? Looking for inspiration! :santa::santa::santa:

Purp 12-16-2017 10:31 PM

I, uh, erm...*blush* made Emily Von Euw's peppermint lava cake into truffles, which were delicious. :) I don't know if Canadians are eligible for the MacArthur Genius awards, but if they are, Emily von Euw should get one.

Werewolf Girl 12-17-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purp (Post 4112662)
I, uh, erm...*blush* made Emily Von Euw's peppermint lava cake into truffles, which were delicious. :) I don't know if Canadians are eligible for the MacArthur Genius awards, but if they are, Emily von Euw should get one.

I LOVE her blog! She's a genius for sure... Also, I saw her once on the skytrain but I was too nervous to tell her I was a fan.

David3 12-17-2017 03:45 PM

At various times, I'll be with my wife's family, my parents, and/or my sister's extended family. Should be fun.

I sent money to the Vegetarian Resource Group, Vegan Outreach, and 350.org

.

Purp 12-18-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl (Post 4112674)
I LOVE her blog! She's a genius for sure... Also, I saw her once on the skytrain but I was too nervous to tell her I was a fan.

You're making BC sound like an even cooler place to live, if that's what you are going for. ;)

CodyJason 12-18-2017 12:28 PM

I want some vegan cookies! So jealous, I'll have to make some. What's Christmas without cookies, after all?

Purp 12-25-2017 10:28 AM


Purp 12-25-2017 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Werewolf Girl 12-30-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purp (Post 4112886)

Nice! How are the recipes in that Bacon-ish book?

Werewolf Girl 12-30-2017 10:18 AM

My vegan cookies were a huge success! I made tins of cookies for all my friends, family and coworkers and I got a lot of positive feedback and a lot of questions from people curious about how vegan baking works. At least 4 people asked me for the recipes! :smitten:

Purp 01-01-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl (Post 4112956)
Nice! How are the recipes in that Bacon-ish book?

They look pretty good so far...:think::shifty:

JesseG 09-24-2019 01:02 PM

Can't wait for the Christmas 2019 thread!

katebrownell 04-07-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl (Post 4112658)
I've been so busy this season that Christmas seems to have come out of nowhere, it's only a little over a week away!

What is everyone doing for the holidays this year? I'll be visiting with family and friends and giving vegan cookies to everyone as gifts! :santa::santa:

I'm going to be making these recipes this weekend to give to coworkers during the week:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/...5d8a343fe1.jpg

Vegan Gingerbread Cookies: http://www.isachandra.com/2008/12/th...gerbread-past/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/...d8331c235a.jpg

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows: http://www.isachandra.com/2009/03/pe...utter-pillows/

http://vegweb.com/sites/default/file...?itok=CBEsmECL

Just like Granny B's Sugar Cookies: http://vegweb.com/recipes/just-granny-bs-sugar-cookies


I'm thinking of trying a few new recipes this year but I'm having trouble deciding... Does anyone have any favourite vegan Christmas recipes to share? What kind of food are you guys making this year? Looking for inspiration! :santa::santa::santa:

I just wanted to check what discussions are here and I found two good recipes. It is really great to get these and you don't need an occasion or festival to cook every time. I was wondering what to do today and now I will be busy trying these. Thanks a lot.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.