10Likes
  • 3 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 2 Post By Spudulika
  • 2 Post By Spudulika
  • 2 Post By Purp
  • 1 Post By AspiringBuddha

#1 Old 10-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

The Official Veggieboards Halloween Thread 2017!

Halloween is almost here! What are you all doing this year?

I'm in the process of getting ready to move and starting a new season at my job so I won't have time to do much but I'll definitely be watching scary movies and eating candy.

Is anyone watching Stranger Things Season 2? I'm starting it tonight!

If you need ideas for spooky vegan treats we have a lot of great inspiration on the Veggieboards Pinterest page:

Link: https://www.pinterest.ca/veggieboards/halloween/
Purp, Spudulika and David3 like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-30-2017, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Currently I'm enjoying wrapping up in woolly jumpers and scarves! My wardrobe has quadrupled its quota of chunky warm things in the past few weeks (avid thrift shopper).
The clocks have just gone back here in the UK, so early evening has suddenly plunged into night time. Which I also love.
Chilly breezes, shadows, dead leaves.. Such a great moody time of year.
I like to go into the garden and sit on the garden bench after sunset and watch the silhouettes of trees moving against the sky, first stars peeping out among strands of purplish cloud. Then of course the cats come up for attention, butting me with cold wet noses and chirruping, they get all excitable when I'm in the garden with them after dark.

Have just binge watched all of Stranger Things 2 this weekend - what a great concept for a series Especially for those of us who grew up on ET, The Goonies, Stand by Me etc.

Last edited by Spudulika; 10-30-2017 at 02:02 PM.
#3 Old 10-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

BTW thanks for the inspiration. I've checked my pantry and I'm going to cook this tomorrow. I've made it a several times before and it's really good. Just ditch the dairy (I tried it with yogurt and cheese once in the past and it was not nice).

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...ash-casserole-

Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp paprika
225g sweet potato, cubed
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 butternut squash (about 550g/1lb 4oz), peeled and chopped
400g can chopped tomato
200ml red wine
300ml vegetable stock
75g bulghar wheat

Method:

In a large pan, heat the olive oil, then cook onion and garlic for 5-7 mins until the onion is softened. Add the cumin seeds and paprika, then cook for a further 2 mins. Stir in the sweet potato, red pepper and butternut squash and toss with the onion and spices for 2 mins.
Pour in the tomatoes, red wine and vegetable stock, season, then simmer gently for 15 mins. Stir in the bulghar wheat, cover with a lid, then simmer for 15 mins more until the vegetables are tender, the bulghar wheat is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#5 Old 10-30-2017, 04:03 PM

I moved into an apartment in someone's basement this year, so I won't have any trick-or-treaters, and I'm a little sad about it.
Purp likes this.

When we make compassion our barometer, we don't settle for violence on a small scale. We aspire to kindness on a huge scale. --Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
#6 Old 10-31-2017, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Happy Halloween.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page