• 2 Post By Symondezyn
  • 1 Post By Purp
  • 2 Post By Naturebound

#1 Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool Happy belated Pi Day

http://namelymarly.com/32-best-vegan-pies/
Werewolf Girl and David3 like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mmmm, pi....

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 03-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Do I get to be irrational on this day? (I know it was a few days ago...)

ETA: Oh, cool! I just googled "irrational number" because I wasn't totally sure pi was irrational, and I found out it is: by "irrational", mathematicians mean a number that cannot be expressed as a fraction- that is, as the ratio of two numbers. I vaguely remember learning about irrational numbers in high school math classes. But I love the pun anyway.
Purp and David3 like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 03-20-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Vegan since 1991

I am diametrically opposed to pi day, heh heh.
Purp likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#5 Old 03-21-2017, 02:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Haven't made any in a while, but here are some photos of ones I have made over the last few years (for some reason I can't find a photo of my apple or sweet potato pies...grr!):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raw Key Lime Avocado Pie 3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	15850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cashew Cream Raspberry Tart with Almonds and Pecan Date Crust.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	15858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raw Cashew Cream Tart Sept 2012 2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	15866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lemon Pie 2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	15874  

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 03-21-2017, 02:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Haven't made any in a while, but here are some photos of ones I have made over the last few years (for some reason I can't find a photo of my apple or sweet potato pies...grr!):
Oh wow. These look amazing
Purp, Naturebound and David3 like this.
#7 Old 03-21-2017, 05:44 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

GAH. Please disregard my post above... I was in a hurry and I think I got the definition of "irrational" wrong.
Purp likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#8 Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
GAH. Please disregard my post above... I was in a hurry and I think I got the definition of "irrational" wrong.

Tom, you are correct! Pi is an irrational number: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_number

Science fiction trivia: In Carl Sagan's sci-fi novel, "Contact", mathematicians discover that pi does, in fact, repeat itself (at a very distant decimal place). The repeating pattern forms a message. "Contact" is a good read (but not a good movie).
Purp likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 03-21-2017 at 11:58 AM.
#9 Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Your crust looks AMAZING <3
Purp and Naturebound like this.
#10 Old 03-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
I'm sorry, it's raining here. There's a bad connection. Did you say, "Please help me eat these pies!"?
Spudulika likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#11 Old 03-25-2017, 03:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I'm sorry, it's raining here. There's a bad connection. Did you say, "Please help me eat these pies!"?
lol. Admittedly, that raw avocado key lime pie in the first pic, I made the mistake of taste testing a little bit, and then ended up eating the entire pie myself. I had to go out and buy ingredients to make another one for a family get together. I gained three lbs that day, but back then they were much needed pounds. I'm pretty sure if I ever have a last meal request before I die, that pie would be on the top of my list. But I would happily make some pie for any vegan visitor to my house.
Tom and Purp like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page