VeggieBoards banner

12 Treats You Never Knew Were Vegan

7K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  vegkid 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I did not know about the pretzels. I rarely go to the mall anymore but now I know when I pass that delicious-smelling store I can get one. They even have a "Vegan Guide" on the website! Color me impressed. I wish they list the ingredients on the website instead of just the nut. facts though.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I did not know about the pretzels. I rarely go to the mall anymore but now I know when I pass that delicious-smelling store I can get one. They even have a "Vegan Guide" on the website! Color me impressed. I wish they list the ingredients on the website instead of just the nut. facts though.
You do need to ask them to make you a fresh one. I think they dip all the pretzels in butter by default, although it is possible they only dip the cinnamon sugar ones (that's my favorite). They will spray it with some vegan cooking spray and then dip it in the cinnamon-sugar.

#14 ·
I doubt that the "oily butter stuff" on the movie theater popcorn is actually vegan, but the popcorn itself surely is.

Also, Chik-O-Stiks are really good, except I ate too many of them two Halloweens ago and I'm still not over it. Blegh.

I actually got an Auntie Anne's pretzel without butter, but I had to catch them at a specific time when they hadn't put the butter on yet. Unfortunately this might not be so easy to do in the future.

#17 ·
JELLYBELLYS!!! BOOOOOO.....

Um, almost vegan. NO gelatin! But---they are coated with beeswax and confections glaze.
Well, they're vegetarian and I'm okay with them.

Crap. Just looked into confectioners glaze and found it's from beetles.
I e-mailed them correcting that they are not even vegetarian and asking them to consider changing these ingrediants.

sourpatch jellybeans! are vegan.

#19 ·
There's a lot of really good generic candy that's vegan. Then again, there's a lot that isn't.

One of the things that pissed me off was the fact that candy cigare- err, "CANDY", aren't vegan. They have gelatin in them.
Why do they need gelatin?

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Wow. That's awesome!

I'll have to remember to ask them what brand they use next time I go.
Yeah, weird isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

There's a lot of really good generic candy that's vegan. Then again, there's a lot that isn't.

One of the things that pissed me off was the fact that candy cigare- err, "CANDY", aren't vegan. They have gelatin in them.
Why do they need gelatin?
Wow they still make candy cigarettes? I loved those things when I was a kid. Gelatin ruins everything!!!

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Yeah, weird isn't it?

Wow they still make candy cigarettes? I loved those things when I was a kid. Gelatin ruins everything!!!
Except they don't call them candy cigarettes anymore. It's the same box, same design, but it just says CANDY in giant lettering on the side. It's understandable, certainly. Also hysterical because it looks so dumb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.