Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

And, this is how i feel about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I know how that is. We don't do valentines day. I find it silly. Plus, everything is always crowded.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#3 Old 01-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes some couples dont do it. I guess they might feel it contrived/etc.

I guess for me it is weird because I am usually really stressed if I am single and Valentine's Day is coming up, and this is the first year I remember feeling like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a good way to feel!

Hubby and I acknowledge the day with a card and maybe a small token like a little snack or lottery scratch off/ticket. I think it's a perfectly fine day for making it whatever the couple feels like. But then I feel that way about most things. Doesn't matter if it's a birthday, anniversary, holiday, whatever. If both parties are in sync, to each his/her own.
#5 Old 01-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

I hope I work on V-Day. There's money to be made with an hour and a half wait at my restaurant.
#6 Old 01-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I love it, even when I'm single. While I adore my partner and tell her so every chance I get, it's also really awesome to have a holiday specifically for appreciating the other.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#7 Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

We sorta do valentine's day with a great dinner, with sparkling juice, decorations of hearts and love and all sorts of things, this year we are purchasing a house and we close on it 9 days after valentine's day so, that is a gift big gift for the two of us, plus he already bought me some stuff last week that came like excerise videos to use my request and a go Bible mp3 thing so I can listen to that while walking and burning calories my request, i told him these are early V day gifts.
#8 Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I use Valentine's day as just another excuse to make a fancy dinner & dessert...

The boy is getting a plethora of homemade (vegan!) chocolates. Also doing a red wine risotto with grilled asparagus (main dish yet to be determined). And of course a strawberry "cheese"cake. (: And I'll be making cupcakes for my friends..... I was also planning on buying him a pair of slippers because his are so gross, we'll see how much money I have. :P

I saw a poll recently and I think a ridiculous amount of couples polled (1/3 or 2/3 I think) said they were planning on spending $100+ on Vday... eek. Not me. Just fancy baked goods. :P

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#9 Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Valentines day is alright. But I've never done anything really special for it. I was always more focused on my friend's birthday the next day.

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#10 Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

We are just repeating our annual tradition of horror movies, chocolate and sex.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#11 Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ad View Post

I use Valentine's day as just another excuse to make a fancy dinner & dessert...
The boy is getting a plethora of homemade (vegan!) chocolates. Also doing a red wine risotto with grilled asparagus (main dish yet to be determined). And of course a strawberry "cheese"cake. (:

Oh yum! We usually watch a film and get a takeaway. He does buy me flowers though too.
#12 Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Naturally.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#13 Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I dont mind it either way.
What I dont like is couples who try and out do everyone else...prooving their love is the biggest and bestest.
Martin shows me he loves me all year round...no need to buy big bunches of flowers or chocolates that are over priced.

I also dislike the single people who post on Facebook telling us how much they are going to avoid Valentines Day...well the best way to avoid it is to not talk about it at all surely.
#14 Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I enjoy Valentine's Day with my kiddos. We make cards for the nursing home near the school and treats for the ladies in the office and cafeteria, and any excuse to eat candy and cupcakes is OK by me!
#15 Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't like it, never have. It's on a tuesday this year so I won't even be spending the day with my boyfriend anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#16 Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

We are just repeating our annual tradition of horror movies, chocolate and sex.

LOL, I might just have to rethink my stance on ignoring contrived holidays.
#17 Old 01-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

I dont mind it either way.
What I dont like is couples who try and out do everyone else...prooving their love is the biggest and bestest.
Martin shows me he loves me all year round...no need to buy big bunches of flowers or chocolates that are over priced.

I also dislike the single people who post on Facebook telling us how much they are going to avoid Valentines Day...well the best way to avoid it is to not talk about it at all surely.

Why do you care what other people do when it comes to this O.o?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#18 Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Because they are constantly telling me what they are/arent doing..have/havenot gotten.
Its annoying.
#19 Old 01-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Because they are constantly telling me what they are/arent doing..have/havenot gotten.
Its annoying.

I agree, the way some people go on about it is similar to baby mad people who post a million pictures every time their baby blinks. It can just be overkill.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#20 Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

I like Valentine's Day! I get a box of valentines from the store (this year, I got Mickey Mouse, my brother got Angry Birds, and my other brother got Lego Star Wars), and candies, and then I pass out valentines to my friends! And of course then I get to go home and eat all the candy I get. Also, my mom always celebrates it by putting gifts on our bed for when we wake up. Usually some plushes and chocolates. This year, I think she's going to get me unicorn and an assortment of Disney valentine treats and chocolates, but I'm not sure, and I think Frank is going to get plush valentine monkey, and Lady will get a pink unicorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Valentines day is alright. But I've never done anything really special for it. I was always more focused on my friend's birthday the next day.

My friend's birthday is February 15th, too!
#21 Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

Its annoying.

Oh okay, it doesn't bother you that they choose to do these wonderful things for one another, just that you have to hear about it. I can see how that would be irritating.

Quote:
#22 Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I would probably love Valentine's Day if I actually had someone.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#23 Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Oh okay, it doesn't bother you that they choose to do these wonderful things for one another, just that you have to hear about it. I can see how that would be irritating.

Some people constantly gush about their relationships in a gross attention seeking way. It isn't so much about them loving each other as it is about wanting praise for loving each other. I've definitely had a few people flood my Facebook feed with constant mushy Valentine's day stuff and proclamations of undying love for their partner only to break up a few weeks later.

#24 Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Some people constantly gush about their relationships in a gross attention seeking way. It isn't so much about them loving each other as it is about wanting praise for loving each other. I've definitely had a few people flood my Facebook feed with constant mushy Valentine's day stuff and proclamations of undying love for their partner only to break up a few weeks later.

This, admittedly, would be really annoying.

Although I love mushy stuff

#25 Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Oh, it's not that big of a deal. It can be fun to arrange something special though. It's something to have fun with, so why not?

Check out my raw food review blog at www.rawfoodland.com!
#26 Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

This, admittedly, would be really annoying.

Although I love mushy stuff

Mushy stuff is wonderful

Constantly rubbing everyone's face in your mushy stuff on the other hand...

#27 Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Mushy stuff is wonderful

Constantly rubbing everyone's face in your mushy stuff on the other hand...

((On a totally unrelated note, I have a new avatar! ))

#28 Old 01-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I would probably love Valentine's Day if I actually had someone.

Same here.

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#29 Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I like Valentine's Day, but, then again, I like holidays in general. My boyfriend and I don't have any plans yet, but last year we gave each other small gifts and went out on a dinner/drinks date.
#30 Old 01-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Valentines Day...just another way to remind singles that they pay for couples benefit; couples $25. Singles $15. Why?

Love many, trust few..always paddle your own canoe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page