Same here.

Let's whine about it!

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

We all have new avatars.

I had a thread last year talking about hating a single Valentines and how I would avoid it. It was very therapeutic to be able to whine with others about it. Made me feel less alone. If I wasnt feeling about Valentines day this year then I would start one of those types of threads.
#33 Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Veggie Regular

So if anyone wants to whine about it in here, feel free .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm looking forward to this Valentines day. I've never done anything for it before but the manfriend is very romantic and wants to do it up. Then I'm throwing a lingerie party that weekend for my single friends. Happy VD for all!

How come I love reading other people's witty signatures, but can never seem to make an awesome one for myself?! Life is hilariously cruel.
#35 Old 01-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I would probably love Valentine's Day if I actually had someone.

It's a sad day.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#36 Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Oh okay, it doesn't bother you that they choose to do these wonderful things for one another, just that you have to hear about it. I can see how that would be irritating.

Why do you care what I think when it comes to this?? O.o

and just +1 to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Some people constantly gush about their relationships in a gross attention seeking way. It isn't so much about them loving each other as it is about wanting praise for loving each other. I've definitely had a few people flood my Facebook feed with constant mushy Valentine's day stuff and proclamations of undying love for their partner only to break up a few weeks later.

Even more annoying when they leave messages on each others Facebook wall and they live together!! Just go and tell them...
#37 Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Beanitarian

When I was single it really depressed me. It's e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. Red hearts in the grocery, fabric store, gas station. It felt like a constant reminder: "You're lonely!"

Beanitarian.
#38 Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#39 Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 AM

Oh, don't get me wrong...I am quite happy on my own. Working with people day in & out has me appreciating solitary times. I am just annoyed that I am constantly punished for being an individual by paying more for events, trips etc; that whole "single supplement" thing. Ya, I know why they do it, but I don't have to like it. I really don't mind Valentines...lots of chocolate around!

Love many, trust few..always paddle your own canoe
#40 Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

Even more annoying when they leave messages on each others Facebook wall and they live together!! Just go and tell them...

for this one, I live with my boyfriend and I leave messages on his wall. it's a cute little surprise for him to find when he gets home from work and logs in. what's wrong with that? (granted, they're not gushy type messages, but I love you does tend to make an appearance rather often.) everyone else can just scroll right down and ignore it if they don't like it, or hide the post. problem solved. /shrug

I never used to celebrate this one, because it always seemed like a way to punish the single people (you know, the ones who didn't LIKE being single), but we compromised - by us not making Christmas and Easter a big deal, we can do something nice for Valentine's Day. (I always made him a nice dinner anyways, but now we'll rent a few things from vudu and hang out.)

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#41 Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Banned

I think it's cute when they write on each other's facebook walls!
#42 Old 01-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh well. But the thing I have learnt about days like that is that they come, then they go. Even if they are depressing, soon they will be over and behind you. Also, you can do some things which can help make the day a bit better. Have a self-care/pampering day.

I am going to be too distracted by my brothers wedding to care this year. And actually being single isnt so bad as people say I dont think. I couldnt say this last year, but this year I definitely can say it. I would rather be single than be in a bad relationship.
#43 Old 01-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Many things are preferable to being in a bad relationship.

Such as stabbing yourself with a spoon.

#44 Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, but strangely, when you are in the relationship, being out of the relationship seems awful, so you end up staying in it.
#45 Old 01-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Of course it's awful.

But it ain't awful enough.

#46 Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

I'm hoping the fiance gets me a starbucks giftcard and edible fruit bouquet!
haha I just wanna snuggle with him!
#47 Old 01-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Attachment 17653
LL

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#48 Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Veggie Regular

^haha. I probably will too. : ) maybe i will make pizzas.
#49 Old 01-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I look forward to the day after Valentines Day when all the VD merchandise is on sale. I always try to grab a bunch of scented candles and other random things.
#50 Old 01-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Veggie Regular

^ That sounds like a good idea. : )
#51 Old 01-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bonneau View Post

for this one, I live with my boyfriend and I leave messages on his wall. it's a cute little surprise for him to find when he gets home from work and logs in. what's wrong with that? (granted, they're not gushy type messages, but I love you does tend to make an appearance rather often.) everyone else can just scroll right down and ignore it if they don't like it, or hide the post. problem solved. /shrug

How about preparing a cute suprise for when he comes in that involves...I dont know...spending time with him. Sorry but I dont see the 'fun' of leaving messages on peoples wall that you see everyday anyway :/
#52 Old 01-29-2012, 03:25 AM

Its the day where i stay inside the library for the whole day and listen to sappy music.
#53 Old 01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

How about preparing a cute suprise for when he comes in that involves...I dont know...spending time with him. Sorry but I dont see the 'fun' of leaving messages on peoples wall that you see everyday anyway :/

I can't do that if I'm not at home when he is, now can I?

I just dont see it as any different than leaving a voicemail when you live with someone and see them everyday.

also, it'd be kinda hard to spend any more time with him than I already do... just saying. I'd have to literally cut a piece of me off and stick it in his pocket for that... and that's just weird.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#54 Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

How about we just don't judge people and let them express their affection in whatever means they would like, so long as it's not destructive to those around them?

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#55 Old 01-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

deleted

#56 Old 01-30-2012, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bonneau View Post

I'd have to literally cut a piece of me off and stick it in his pocket for that... and that's just weird.

Now THATS true love!
#57 Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

The last two years I was with someone for Valentine's day. Last year the boyfriend at the time and I went on a double date with our friends, had a picnic at the botanical gardens near us. Then we went into our respective couples for more personal time. He and I went to see 127 Hours, not a romantic movie, but an awesome movie. It was a sweet day. The year before my boyfriend at that time had to work on Valentine's day so we went to a movie the night before, then on Valentine's morning he surprised me by driving the half hour to my house to give me a rose and chocolate. Very sweet.

This year I am single and it all seems like a horrible reminder that my relationship is over. So a single friend and I are going to cheer each other up by sending each other Valentine's packages. Should be a nice thing to brighten what would otherwise be a sad day for a single person.
#58 Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Banned

deleted

#59 Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM

It's my first Valentine's with my husband to be, so I'm being entirely sappy about it. I can admit it lol.
#60 Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

The last two years I was with someone for Valentine's day. Last year the boyfriend at the time and I went on a double date with our friends, had a picnic at the botanical gardens near us. Then we went into our respective couples for more personal time. He and I went to see 127 Hours, not a romantic movie, but an awesome movie. It was a sweet day. The year before my boyfriend at that time had to work on Valentine's day so we went to a movie the night before, then on Valentine's morning he surprised me by driving the half hour to my house to give me a rose and chocolate. Very sweet.

This year I am single and it all seems like a horrible reminder that my relationship is over. So a single friend and I are going to cheer each other up by sending each other Valentine's packages. Should be a nice thing to brighten what would otherwise be a sad day for a single person.

I know what you mean. I was in a similar position last Valentine's day- I had just been through a breakup 3 weeks previously. Somehow I managed to survive it though, I bought a lot of pampering stuff. It was a hard day though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page