• 1 Post By Cyclone T
  • 1 Post By sallyomally
  • 1 Post By sallyomally
  • 1 Post By Cyclone T
  • 1 Post By vMaryv
  • 1 Post By karenlovessnow

#1 Old 12-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

We're having a big Christmas party potluck on the 23rd, and it will be about 100 people there. I'm thinking cupcakes or truffles, but I'd like to do something with some substance to it. I'd like to do maybe a sandwich or pizza(s), or even something like chickpea fritters. Does anyone else have any ideas. There isn't an electrical outlet, so no crockpot (I have no way of transporting it anyway).

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I went to a vegan Christmas potluck today and took mini pizza's (3 bite size). Perfect as they taste good hot, warm and cold.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
#3 Old 12-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

I went to a vegan Christmas potluck today and took mini pizza's (3 bite size). Perfect as they taste good hot, warm and cold.

Where did you go that had a vegan Christmas potluck?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Chickpea fritters sounds wonderful! Like the sandwich idea as well.
Purp likes this.
#5 Old 12-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Veggie Regular

#6 Old 12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Where did you go that had a vegan Christmas potluck?

The Social Vegan and Vegetarian meetup group in Perth, Western Australia. It was a combined event with the Raw Food Association Of Western Australia and was held at the Earthwise Enviromental Centre. Great food, great people and a great location.

http://www.meetup.com/Social-Vegans-Vegetarians-Perth/
Purp likes this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
#7 Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Caramelized Onion Tarts? They are good hot or cold, but make sure you put enough miso/salt esp if you serve cold.
http://www.marystestkitchen.com/2011...d-onion-tarts/

Mini pizzas are also good I think. I'd skip the daiya if you intend to serve cold tho. I think it tastes/feels weird when it's cold.
Purp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#8 Old 12-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I ended up taking a veggie tray and some vegan root beer truffles (without telling anyone they were vegan. Hehehehe).

#9 Old 12-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I ended up taking a veggie tray and some vegan root beer truffles (without telling anyone they were vegan. Hehehehe).

Hee hee...that's the way to do it! I don't mention the word "vegan" until after everyone has tasted and said how delicious it was. Then I throw it in their faces! lol (not the food, the word "vegan").
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page