Boxing Day Sale - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

i have never done this before, since i know its a very long line at nearly any store. how long in advance should i go, they open at 6am?? i seriously wont even bother otherwise but i badly have to get this laptop.

Time Exists But Just On Your Wrist, So Don't Panic. Moments Last And Lifetimes Are Lost In A Day- Travis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I've heard Boxing Day crowds can be pretty terrifying. If you don't want to be trampled, perhaps wait until 7 am when the crowds are already inside.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 12-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned

if you want it badly, go now. and take a bottle to pee into.

the problem with waiting until 7am is that all the enthusiastic 6am sods will have horded all the good stuff by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not going aaaaaaaaaaaaaanywhere today.
#5 Old 12-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spherion View Post

i have never done this before, since i know its a very long line at nearly any store. how long in advance should i go, they open at 6am?? i seriously wont even bother otherwise but i badly have to get this laptop.

I'm not in Canada but our "Black Friday" sale which is I believe is like Canada's Boxing Day Sale is insane. Most people wait in line the night before the sale and most big sale items (like laptops) are gone within only a few mins after the doors open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

I'm not going aaaaaaaaaaaaaanywhere today.

+1.
#6 Old 12-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks for all your tips....yea i made it alive went there at 5am, legs are still getting used to sitting down lol but it ended well i bought my new netbook finally 10" aqua blue

so the flyer says 179.99 and then i go there and they say we only have the pre-installed models left (i.e. 55 dollars more) such *******s i swear! anyways i just had to get this for school mostly so whatever

Time Exists But Just On Your Wrist, So Don't Panic. Moments Last And Lifetimes Are Lost In A Day- Travis.
#7 Old 12-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

thanks for all your tips....yea i made it alive went there at 5am, legs are still getting used to sitting down lol but it ended well i bought my new netbook finally 10" aqua blue

so the flyer says 179.99 and then i go there and they say we only have the pre-installed models left (i.e. 55 dollars more) such *******s i swear! anyways i just had to get this for school mostly so whatever

Glad to hear you made it back safely and alive!!! Sucks that you had to pay more though . At least you have a laptop for school now though.
#8 Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:

yeah, staples pulled that 'pre-installed' crap on me one time around here- they hadn't finished pre-installing it so i told them to de-install it. they refused and tried to give me a free $10 flashdrive. i went home. i will not be manipulated. i can install an OS by myself.
#9 Old 12-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I know I said I wasn't going anywhere today. That turned out to be a lie. Not deliberate. The BF and I had a very civilized discussion about how I never want to go anywhere and I pointed out he never wanted to go anywhere I wanted to go and I was sick of bars. Both true. So we returned some salt and pepper shakers today and went to Best Buy (his thing), then used a 14 month old Starbucks gift card. It was actually nice. We didn't go anywhere near a mall. We're not masochists.
#10 Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

^^
Well that sounds splendid! its good you both found something to do together...i was outside freezing in the cold for an hour and half, not complaining but it was the first time at best buy. I might be a masochist i dunno lol but this new baby was definitely worth it
[email protected] returning salt and pepper shakers

#11 Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

^^
Well that sounds splendid! its good you both found something to do together...i was outside freezing in the cold for an hour and half, not complaining but it was the first time at best buy. I might be a masochist i dunno lol but this new baby was definitely worth it
[email protected] returning salt and pepper shakers

Well the pepper shaker was missing the rubber bit at the bottom that holds the pepper in. It was useless! Plus I really like the store I got them from (got lots of non-useless stuff from there in the past, anticipate more in the future) so it wasn't a PITA to go there...even the day after xmas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page