Secret Santa 2009 Photo Thread! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Use this thread to post photos of your awesome secret santa packages! I'll be back in a bit to post mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Santa, I would have loved to send you a PM to thank you, but I have no idea who you are! You didn't include your name on your return address, or anything inside to say your name or VB screen name. I would love to know who sent me the treats.

I opened my package to see this pretty box..

and opened that box to reveal these vegan goodies!

a few close up photos..

#3 Old 12-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Dear Santa,

You also did not leave any sort of identifying information on your package, but through some VB hunting I think you are Shamandura? Unfortunately, I left my treats behind in Raleigh when I left town and neglected to take a picture. There were some very yummy looking treats in there, and vanilla incense. I'll post a picture in a few days when I get home!

P.S. Wanted to clarify that I liked what I found in the package. I haven't tried any of the edibles yet, but I am very excited to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

My gift came from sunshinegal all the way from the sunshine state! Thank you so much for adding some much needed sunshine to my Christmas!!! Believe it or not, you pretty much made my holiday season and end of the year... -sends virtual hugs-

Under the tree...

After demolishing the wrapping paper...

Here's what I got...

1) CHOCOLATE. OH. MAH. GAH. HEAVEN. As you can see, I ripped it open to devour it as soon as I got my grubby hands on it. I kind of knew it was chocolate from a week ago because I felt the packaging...but I made myself be patient! It is so good that I was craving it (even though I told myself that I was only going to eat one piece because it was late!!!) DELICIOUS. I am going to blame sunshinegal for forever making me addicted to this chocolate.

2) Soap. It smells great! Okay, so it's not 100% vegan because it has honey. But, yah know, it's better than the crap in the market nowadays anyways. I'm sure my vegetarian mother would love this.

3) Students Go Vegan Cookbook. AHHH. I checked this out from the library over the summer and wished I had a permanent copy and noooowww I do! I was hoping for this book when the packaging felt like a book!

4) Best Day Trips From London: 25 Great Escapes. AWESOME. I have a guide of London itself already, but now I can use this to go elsewhere in the UK for next semester.

Will definitely be bringing everything with me to the UK (except the chocolate because it'll be gone by then).

Oh. And the card! It's super cute! And pretty handwriting. It's going into my box of memorable notes and knicknacks.

THANK YOUUUUUUU SO MUCH! -sends more virtual hugs-

The Vegan ABC's: East Meets West, VEGAN STYLE! A blog detailing the edibles in the life of an ABC (American-born Chinese) vegan.
http://theveganabc.blogspot.com/
#5 Old 12-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Initial assortment, The pistachios have already been broken into and deliciously munched on

Kitteh obsessing over hers and hiding it from the camera she loves her catnip!

From Froggythefrog!

Five Fabulous Bumble Bars, Bag of delicious Chili & Garlic Pistachios, Stuffs for make chili, A fabulous Book, Dairy Free Hot Cocoa, Orangina which I haven't gotten to have since I left Vegas, Chilis, Dates, and for the kitteh, cat nip!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#6 Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I opened my package tonight (it's almost midnight) after an evening with family opening gifts... My Santa was the lovely GingerFoxx!!

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!

As you can see here, everything was DELIGHTFUL - she included a hand-knit scarf of this dark, luxurious purple that is just STUNNING and some amazing pumpkin muffins that were DEEEE-Licous!! (They WERE in the tupperware in the background, now they're ALL GONE!!) All of the goodies are things I would totally buy for myself if I was willing to splurge on myself - I'm SO excited to try them!! A couple things got a little crumbled 'cause maybe the package needed some padding, but that DEFINITELY did not affect their taste in any way.

Can I just say that those "Mary's Gone Crackers" Brand "Sticks and Twigs" in curry flavor (middle of the picture) are about the BEST BEST vegan snacky-thing I've had in AGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I am totally hooked and that's saying something, as I'm not a huge snacker!! GO GET SOME OF THOSE RIGHT NOW!! Can't wait to try the other stuff, I ration it out for a l-o-n-g time...
LL
#7 Old 12-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricGaia View Post

Initial assortment, The pistachios have already been broken into and deliciously munched on !

So, what all is it and who is it from? It looks interesting (and yummy) but can you describe it?
#8 Old 12-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I will post photos shortly but I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Virpukka for my wonderful box of nommy, nommy treats and beautiful things. The book is PERFECT, thank you so much
#9 Old 12-25-2009, 05:52 AM

^ They all look awesome!
#10 Old 12-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Veggie Regular

You are very welcome nontoxicglue, I am so glad you loved everything! And I gahhhhhhed when I saw you said the bar of soap had honey. How did I miss that!?! So sorry, but I am glad you loved everything else. It was fun and challenging shopping for you and I had a hard time stopping around the limit, there was so much I wanted to get you. I like a challenge.

Here is what I got from my wonderful Secret Santa Annikat! Thank you so much!

Thanks again, I have not tried most of these and am so looking forward to trying them! I did open the plantain chips last night and man are they delicious. I need to find these at my local health food store.
#11 Old 12-25-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I opened my package tonight (it's almost midnight) after an evening with family opening gifts... My Santa was the lovely GingerFoxx!!

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!

As you can see here, everything was DELIGHTFUL - she included a hand-knit scarf of this dark, luxurious purple that is just STUNNING and some amazing pumpkin muffins that were DEEEE-Licous!! (They WERE in the tupperware in the background, now they're ALL GONE!!) All of the goodies are things I would totally buy for myself if I was willing to splurge on myself - I'm SO excited to try them!! A couple things got a little crumbled 'cause maybe the package needed some padding, but that DEFINITELY did not affect their taste in any way.

Can I just say that those "Mary's Gone Crackers" Brand "Sticks and Twigs" in curry flavor (middle of the picture) are about the BEST BEST vegan snacky-thing I've had in AGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I am totally hooked and that's saying something, as I'm not a huge snacker!! GO GET SOME OF THOSE RIGHT NOW!! Can't wait to try the other stuff, I ration it out for a l-o-n-g time...

You are very welcome. I had a wonderful time putting it all together. I love knitting this time of year and seeing as you live in a cold climate as well,I figured a cozy scarf (and some vegan lip balm) was the way to go. I am thrilled you like the color. Sometimes I think the hardest part of a project is yarn selection.

As far as all the snacks, some of them I have tried before, but most of them, I have not. I got some nods of approval on some of my selections from a vegan friend of mine who works at the natural food store, so you will have to let me know which are the tastiest so I can try them for myself.

Merry Merry Christmas TNS!!
#12 Old 12-25-2009, 06:35 AM

My Secret Santa was dormouse!

Below is the contents of my lovely package, all the way from North Carolina. The is an assortment of leaf teas (I am excited for an excuse to dust off my tea ball) and locally made cookies to go with. I opened the cookies and they are super thin and perfect for a little sweet fix to accompany a tasty hot beverage.

Thank you so much!
#13 Old 12-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to thank Santa's helper penguins, also known as s0ad! My gift was wonderful! I got all kinds of goodies

I opened my package a few days early. Here are all the awesome things I got! Everything but the chocolate peanut spread is vegan, which is super cool. What's also cool is that I had only ever had one of the treats sent, everything else is something new to try!

[attachment=9025:tmpphpJ2gEMS.jpg]

Here is a close-up of some of the treats. Lots of yummy snacks, some tea and an adorable christmas ornament

[attachment=9026:tmpphpMRD7JN.jpg]

And here is a close-up of the "Christmas tin of awesomeness" (as I've been calling it):

[attachment=9027:tmpphpddIGtI.jpg]

My husband has been "helping" me eat some of the candy as well as the yummy almonds. I don't think he's even realized that the snacks are vegan (he's omni)!

I got to try out the chocolate spread on some toast this morning. Ultra yum.

So thanks again s0ad, this really was a fantastic gift. I love every bit of it!
LL
LL
LL
#14 Old 12-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I almost forgot! Also included in my package was some toys for my kitties. Four balls with bells for the kitties to chase! We opened the package immediately and Ichabod hogged all the toys to himself! We did get him to sit still long enough for a picture!

[attachment=9028:tmpphpus2ZXD.jpg]
LL
#15 Old 12-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm at my parents' house, but I'll post pics later this weekend when I head home. Everything looks great. Hope everyone is enjoying their time with family and friends.
#16 Old 12-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I am pleased to announce that, this year, nontoxicglue has ruined Christmas.

Well, ruined it for the rest of my family, that is.

For one thing, none of them have slightly mysterious internet creatures sending them packages of deliciousness and joy.

And I have thus far ignored opening all other presents in favor of just playing with my VB Secret Santa box. I'm somewhat like a two year old... Or a cat.

In any case, without further ado, here's what a box of awesome looks like, once it's been unpacked:

(Oh, I should add, the guitar case in the background? Not a gift. Merely evidence of my brother's pervasive inability to pick up after himself.)

So, what did I GET? *beams* I'll tell you. (And if you think I'm going in any kind of logical order according to the picture, you are sorely mistaken. )

• Stacy's NAAAAAAKED Chips (I just love saying naked, do excuse.)
  • FruitaBϋ Organic Smoooshed Fruit Rolls (Hahahahaha, smoooshed! I love that! It would be unwise to cram all of these in my mouth at once, I bet. Shame, I really kind of want to. I haven't had fruit roll ups in WAY too long...)
  • Almonds (Seriously the best nut. Well, second best, next to the "man-made" kind! *waggles eyebrows suggestively* You know, as an aside, life is pretty peaceful when you KNOW you're going to hell. You can just go ahead and say whatever you want!)
  • GoGo squeeZ applepeach applesauce on the go (Ahhhhh! Stupidly excited! I walk by this stuff in the store all the time and think "Man, I want to get some of that, it's be SO great in an emergency vegan pack" and then I keep walking because I can't justify buying it. Now I don't have to!!!)
  • Green Tea Bags (Mmmmmm.)
  • Raisins (Dude. I was LITERALLY just looking up recipes for cinnamon raisin bread... Creeeepy...)
  • Yves Coupons! (Coupons make me wiggle with glee.)
  • Near East Brown Rice Pilaf (Seriously, how have I not purchased this before? *want*)
  • Steaz Black Cherry Sparkling Green Tea (x2!!!!)
  • Adina Holistics Grapefruit Goji Herbal Elixir (Pretty drinks make me feel trendy. I have the urge to choose an outfit based on the bottle... Then walk around holding it all day. Is that weird?)
  • Nature Valley Granola Bars (I always forget the world of granola bars isn't entirely closed down to me.)
  • Raw Revolution Bars (I've seen these on someone's blog... I'm SO excited to try them!)
  • Sour Patch Kids (If my brother doesn't manage to steal these in the next hour or two, I'm going to have to conclude he's been body snatched.)
  • Pot Holders (Omg, these are KICKASS! I'm going to hide them until I move. No one here will hurt my precious potholders. *strokes them*)
  • Keycover (These crack me up. Glue says she got 'em where she works. They say myspace on them. Thus, I have concluded that Glue works INSIDE the internet. Crazy.)
  • Star-shaped Loofah (Sweet, it looks travel friendly!)
  • Morden Folding Paper (The back of the package seems convinced I can make a bouquet of flowers. The package is clearly overestimating my abilities.)
  • Shrek (The Musical) Bag. (There is a hair in here. So I am going to clone nontoxicglue. I think we can all agree it's the only logical thing to do.)

This was my first Secret Santa exchange. It was nontoxicglue's as well. For my part, I can say it's been a seriously amazing experience!

However, I have not yet mentioned the two best things I got. A load of hand sanitizer packets (which didn't fit in the picture, for some reason) and a miniature box of Moxie ultra thin pads with wings. If you are asking yourself, "Huh? Why...?" then you have stumbled across one of the coolest realizations in the universe. It doesn't MATTER why because there is NO conceivable explanation that isn't awesome on some way. Maybe I can escape from jail with them. Maybe I can carry around the Moxie package and I can pretend to be British (something I do anyway, of course.) Maybe I come across as PMS-y and a germaphobe. Maybe nontoxicglue understood when I said I liked miniaturized things that I REALLY REALLY LOVE them and the fact that these things are travel-sized makes me positively vibrate with joy.

See? There is NO explanation that is not awesome.

Thank you SO much nontoxicglue! Christmas cheer is much brighter around here because of you.

(And PM to come as well... But I think I should pay a WEE bit of attention to my family today, so while I'll be checking in here to see all the vegan prettiness, actual thought and composing a PM might not be until tomorrow!)
#17 Old 12-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I picked my parcel up at the post office yesterday, just in time! My gift was from Vegantigress! I opened it last night (we decided to open our gifts on Christmas Eve this year, since that's how my husband is used to doing it). It was a lovely free-trade bag that was made by women in India who are former prostitutes, but found work and learned new skills from the Freeset company. I'm afraid I don't have a working camera at the moment, so I pulled this photo from the Freeset website (hope you don't mind, Vegantigress).

Here's what the tag says:

Your purchase of this Freeset bag helps continue a journey to freedom. In Kolkata, thousands of women are trapped in prostitution, forced there by poverty. The Freeset women have chosen freedom by learning new skills at the Freeset business. Their new lives include fair wages, health benefits, pension funds, literacy classes, and daycare for their children. More importantly, they are no longer forced to sell their bodies, and their children have new opportunities.

Thank you so much Vegantigress! I love it!! Merry Christmas!
#18 Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you SOOO much to my secret santa LADYFAILE!! I nearly teared up at how thoughtful your gifts were!!

Assorted Teas - I LOVE the flavors you sent! Hubby (VeggieTiger) is super excited to try the blueberry pie one and I am making a cup of the Vanilla Cream!

Mesh Teshball- I was so relieved when I saw this! I lost mine!! it`s adorable with the little cup dangling from it! You're so thoughtful!

Chocolate - I am afraid to tell you that that has been eaten already before christmas breakfast! LOL!! My husband has been stealing little bites too!

Receipe Book - This is THE most thougtful gift I have recieved in years, truly. (this is what made me nearly tear up!) I love cooking and baking and I have TONS or printed off receipes laying around the house and this is amazing! Did you make this? It is lovely! I was even more excited to see you included some YUMMY receipes! Both hubby and I were drooling over them!! We are making the pancakes this morning!

Kitty Toys - When we opened this my husband "awwed" LOL! It was so thoughtful for you to include my furbabies in your parcel! They are currently running around the house playing with them!

Goodies Already Eaten - I wish I had saved them for the picture but hubby and I were naughty and ate all the homemade peanutbutter cups and chocolate almond bark! If you wouldn't mind, could you give me your receipes for them? I ADORED them!

I just wanted to let you know that the gifts were so thoughtful and I am truly grateful. My family never sends me gifts so it was lovely yo have something to open that I knew would be just for me!! You're an Angel LadyFaile

Thank you so much!

Kindest Regards & Christmas Wishes,

VeganTigress & VeggieTiger

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#19 Old 12-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

I picked my parcel up at the post office yesterday, just in time! My gift was from Vegantigress! I opened it last night (we decided to open our gifts on Christmas Eve this year, since that's how my husband is used to doing it). It was a lovely free-trade bag that was made by women in India who are former prostitutes, but found work and learned new skills from the Freeset company. I'm afraid I don't have a working camera at the moment, so I pulled this photo from the Freeset website (hope you don't mind, Vegantigress).

Here's what the tag says:

Your purchase of this Freeset bag helps continue a journey to freedom. In Kolkata, thousands of women are trapped in prostitution, forced there by poverty. The Freeset women have chosen freedom by learning new skills at the Freeset business. Their new lives include fair wages, health benefits, pension funds, literacy classes, and daycare for their children. More importantly, they are no longer forced to sell their bodies, and their children have new opportunities.

Thank you so much Vegantigress! I love it!! Merry Christmas!

I am SOOO glad you liked it! I was hoping you would!

Merry Christmas to you Abbey!

Kindest Regards,

VeganTigress

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#20 Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Dear Santa,

You also did not leave any sort of identifying information on your package, but through some VB hunting I think you are Shamandura? Unfortunately, I left my treats behind in Raleigh when I left town and neglected to take a picture. There were some very yummy looking treats in there, and vanilla incense. I'll post a picture in a few days when I get home!

P.S. Wanted to clarify that I liked what I found in the package. I haven't tried any of the edibles yet, but I am very excited to!

Sorry about not leaving a better note who the gifts were from. Last minute I stuck a little piece of paper in one of the gifts because I almost forgot, but it must have fallen out. I'm so glad you liked your gifts, I enjoyed being your santa!
#21 Old 12-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Veggie Regular

My Secret Santa was LolaBunny23! I absolutely love my package, thank you so much!! First off she got me a datebook!!!hooray!!! Also a really nice cookbook that is full of pictures of all the yummy recipes, LOTS of tea and luna bars, some really nice smelling soap and some wicked cool bath salts! Thank you so much, I love everything!
#22 Old 12-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

[*]Shrek (The Musical) Bag. (There is a hair in here. So I am going to clone nontoxicglue. I think we can all agree it's the only logical thing to do.)
[/LIST]
[COLOR="Green"]

ICK. SOOOO sorry about that. I tend to shed like a cat for no apparent reason. But I am very relieved that you like everything...especially the GoGo Squeez, the Fruitabu because I thought it was SO cool and then after I sent it, I found myself going, "OMG....what if she thinks I'm a complete LOON!?" (I think you still think I'm a loon, but a good loon, at least.) Merry Christmas!

The Vegan ABC's: East Meets West, VEGAN STYLE! A blog detailing the edibles in the life of an ABC (American-born Chinese) vegan.
#23 Old 12-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

REALLLLLY WISH a few more people would open their gifts... (*ahem*cough*ahem*cough) no NAMES MENTIONED ... CAN'T.STAND.THE.SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!

And GingerFoxx, you did an awesome job picking everything out - I have to fight my kids for the scarf 'cause they think it's neat too... and the vegan lip balm, which I forgot to mention, is a BIG favorite, I got some last year and LOVED it and can't find it around here so it was very timely - and PERFECT!!! All of it was perfect...
#24 Old 12-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Merry Christmas and Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! To my Secret Santa, who turned out to be Cheekywhiskers! I love what you sent me!

*a blue pendant with a sleeping cat on it

*a Borders gift card

*a package of Feline Greenies Ocean Fish flavor cat treats

About that last one: How did you know? My cats LOVE Feline Greenies, all flavors! I opened the package and all three ran in from the other room and mobbed me. I gave them two each and they kept demanding more, more, more! I put the package away in my nighttable drawer and Sabrina kept begging me for more. She sat on the nighttable and clawed at the drawer. Ugh. How do you say no to an adorable meowing cat?

I've bought other cat treats, but ugh, they're horrible. No more. From now on I'm sticking to Feline Greenies. It's nice to know this brand has a veg*an veterinarian's stamp of approval! And too bad we don't live closer to each other, cuz if we did, Cheekywhiskers would totally be my cats' vet!

*this space not for sale*
#25 Old 12-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Why do they keep going on about Obama in Dr Who??
#26 Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

My SS was DgyJff! Thank you your awesome!

Attachment 18809Attachment 18810Attachment 18811

2 things of vegan Jerky

2 sets of earnings

a nifty note book

a reusable shopping bag

a magnet of a mountain

a chill guide book

and some kick butt hot sauce.

Num spicy stuff!
LL
LL
LL

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#27 Old 12-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

2 sets of earnings

You mean earrings, right? Cause I'd love to have two sets of earnings. :P Teehee. Merry Christmas.

#28 Old 12-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

You mean earrings, right? Cause I'd love to have two sets of earnings. :P Teehee. Merry Christmas.

Whoops!

Spell malfunction.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#29 Old 12-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I apologize for not posting this sooner, but we had a power outage first thing this morning and then a few more since then..must be the Grinch. . We spent the early morning in the dark listening to the sounds of 4 happy Doxies happily squeaking their new Christmas toys.and then it was my turn to open my gift when it got light outside!

My Wonderful, Generous, Gracious and most special Secret Santa is Tofu and Sprouts!

I was so excited when I saw who my gifts were from and then even more excited when I saw the wondrous bounty in the box.

TNS, I do not have the words to thank you enough for the gifts that you sent to me. Everything was perfect and all just so personal and friendly, picked just for me. I truly love everything and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your generosity brought me to tears, (happy greedy tears,) as it was so obvious that everything was picked with so much thought and kindness. Thank you.

When I opened the box I caught some tantalizing little whiffs of heavenly fragrances. Soon hubby was laughing as I was sniffing everything and sighing with divine happiness (and then a tiny bit of jealousy swept over me when I saw that almost everything is local to where you live) wow. I might need to move..

Ok everyone, here is what I received:

Indian Black Salt (& its pink!) Who knew? (from TNSs own personal supply)

2 flavors of sipping chocolate. ( I never mentioned it, but my Godmother used to make this as a treat for me)

Wasabi Edamame (yum)

Hot Asparagus Bullets! I already sampled em and they are wonderful.

A huge bar of dark chocolate with Thyme! OMG! Who knew these things existed?! I am hiding it.

Red lentil soup mix. This will be my dinner next week during the next expected snow storm.

Huckleberry Red herbal tea, I smelled it already and it smells heavenly.

Zesty snack mixok, ya know Im gonna gobble that up.

A tea sampler with 5 different flavors and each one sounds better than the lastdecisions decisions..

Raspberry flavored cane sugar! Its such a simple concept & its ambrosial in its taste & totally new to me.

Jamaican seasonings. I cannot wait to try it, mon.

Smoked hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are addictive to me and I cant wait to taste em smoked.

Alder Smoked Sea Salt. It smells like smoked summer party in a jar and its even very pretty..Hubby says salt cannot be pretty, but this is..

Smoky Barbeque Rub! I must be psychic cuz I can already tell its gonna be used on everything.

An awesomely cute puppy dog spoon and an awesomely cute kitty cat spoon! They will be busy today helping me stir up some Christmas dinner.

A reusable shopping bag from Tacoma Boys Produce. Ok, I am the queen of reusable bags and at my local grocery they always read the bags cuz they are from all sorts of places. They are gonna love this one and it will be used often.

The piece de resistance, the item that just took my breath away. .A cookbook! And not just any cookbook, but the very one that I have been DYING to have. Vegan Soups and Stews for All Seasons by Nava Atlas.and it is personally signed by Nava! OMG , I was stunned speechless for a few seconds (hubby was thrilled) and then as I was trying in vain to pick out the first recipe I will try from this wondrous cookbook, what do I find? I find that my amazing Secret Santa actually has a recipe in this cookbook! OMG! Her first recipe in print! And I have it! And my Santa personally signed it for me! Just for me! So that started a whole new flood of tears.

M, your kind and generous spirit has swept over me and enveloped me like a big warm hug. Thank you so very, very much. I hope you and your Sprouts and all of your family and friends have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year to come.

Heres the pics! (I'm not a good picture taker , sorry )

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#30 Old 12-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

ICK. SOOOO sorry about that. I tend to shed like a cat for no apparent reason. But I am very relieved that you like everything...especially the GoGo Squeez, the Fruitabu because I thought it was SO cool and then after I sent it, I found myself going, "OMG....what if she thinks I'm a complete LOON!?" (I think you still think I'm a loon, but a good loon, at least.) Merry Christmas!

I DO think you're a loon. The very best kind of loon ever! Thank you SO much!

And I don't get the issue with hair... I mean... I will shake strangers' hands even if they're hairy, kiss people on the head (mostly non-strangers, but still), hairdressers will touch hair ALL day, I'll even kiss my animals... All hair contact, some hair-to-mouth contact even... And most people are okay with that - it's not just me! But the SECOND hair becomes separated from the body, people act like it's magically made entirely of plague germs. I don't get it.

I picked up the hair, laughed, and stuck it back in the bag. I think it wants to live there. It might decide to leave if I ever use the bag, but I won't make it. *nods sanely*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page