white lights or colored lights...which do you prefer? for the christmas tree :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Veggie Regular

i like white lights best.

I've just begun having my fun. <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Definitely white. And I'd prefer if the tree decorating stopped there. I rather dislike most ornaments.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#3 Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

White lights.

Live tree.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM

My Yule tree always has white lights. I think it is a good base for however I decorate the tree each year.
#5 Old 12-06-2009, 04:32 PM

colored lights definately....and I love ornaments....they are special and have sooo many happy memories attached and we add a new one yearly.....I am against real trees.....I am allergic to pine and love my fake tree and my lil charlie brown tree.
#6 Old 12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

We use white lights, and we love collecting special ornaments from various places we have visited throughout our lives.
#7 Old 12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Coloured lights are my favourite but white can look great too.

m8itcanw8.com
#8 Old 12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I really like both, but my family has never owned white lights. We use the jumbo colored ones and ornaments from when my siblings and I were little. We also use colored lights on our house, but I have to say I prefer white lights for the outside of the house.
#9 Old 12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Although I like both I bought white lights last year for my tree and like how much brighter they are compared to colored ones. My tree is tiny and pink so the white lights really bring out the color.
#10 Old 12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Skylark, you don't mean to tell me you'd rather not have Farrah Fawcett hanging from your tree??

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#11 Old 12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

It depends. I like white lights on a christmas tree, but colored lights in the windows are nice (in moderation)
#12 Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Skylark, you don't mean to tell me you'd rather not have Farrah Fawcett hanging from your tree??

I may have to share that with anyone who tries to argue with me that all ornaments are great.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#13 Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Colored lights!
#14 Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

^^

That looks gorgeous.

m8itcanw8.com
#15 Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

^^

That looks gorgeous.

I agree. That's a creative use of colored lights. It's gorgeous and fun.
#16 Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

Colored lights!

Am I the only one whose first thought was "OMG, they look like neon cheeseballs!"

Really? The ONLY one?

Fine, fine, I was leaving anyway...
#17 Old 12-07-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

Am I the only one whose first thought was "OMG, they look like neon cheeseballs!"

Really? The ONLY one?

Fine, fine, I was leaving anyway...

Now that you mention it...
#18 Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

My parents decorate their tree with blue and white lights with all glass ornaments. It's very pretty. Mine is a small artificial, came with white lights on it - I definitely prefer that to the colored.

I generally only like colored lights when it is all one color, as pictured above. The multi-colored strands don't look as nice to me.
#19 Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I was thinking more along the lines of aliens, but neon cheeseballs works, too.

#20 Old 12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I totally only see neon cheeseballs now. And I would STILL have them in my yard.
#21 Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Ankle Biter

We have a colonial house - gray, black shutters, red front door - and we typically put up uber-traditional decorations (ribboned-boughs on the windows, garland around the front door, candles in the windows.)with strictly white lights. However, we have an old, very twisted and gnarly dogwood in the corner of the yard that we are going to decorate as wildly as possible this year. We have colored neon ropes, peppermint-shaped lights, and a long string of old colored lights. We're going to have a spot of pizazz in our yard!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#22 Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Poppy, that sounds awesome! Be sure to post a picture.

I have a combination of white and colored on my tree. I put in a few strands of white twinkles here and there because we like it when the tree twinkles.

Next year I want to have a retro tree and use big lights and old fashioned ornaments.
#23 Old 12-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Veggie Regular

My family has multi-color m&m lights that we put on our fake tree every year with lots of ornaments. After we're done decorating, you can barely even see the tree.
#24 Old 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I should add, while I'm all about white lights on a LIVE tree...

My mom has a *****in' set of chili pepper lights. Those rock.
#25 Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Beginner

I like both on the tree but for outdoors it's got to be the big old fashioned colored ones.
#26 Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM

I've got my family all crazy mad because I joked about getting one of those white fake trees with white lights and decorating it with all black and silver for next Yule. Now that they got upset by the idea, it's growing on me. I think I just like to irritate them sometimes. Guess we never outgrow the rebellious streak.
#27 Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I've seen white tree decorated in black and silver, and it was beautiful. I say go for it!
#28 Old 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

i like white lights best. but my mom came up with this idea a couple years ago and it's quite nice, we do it every year now. she got a string of red LED lights, we run them down the very center of the tree and then the white lights all over so that you see just a bit of the red sparkling through from behind the ornaments.

this year we found a new trick too thanks to martha stewart and it's fantastic. you see no cords just tons and tons of lights. we used 600 white lights plus the string of red down the middle. be careful of plugging too many strings together. the ones we used came in sets of 2 strings of 150 lights each and had a warning to not string more than 500 and something lights together. we use a power bar anyway for the tree so we did 2 strings per plug. when we did the top half we ran the string up the inside of the tree to where we needed it so there's not a big string sticking out of the middle of the tree to the power bar lol.

http://www.marthastewart.com/photoga...ecrets#slide_4

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#29 Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Although I like both I bought white lights last year for my tree and like how much brighter they are compared to colored ones. My tree is tiny and pink so the white lights really bring out the color.

Your tree is pink??? Reminds me of Charlie Brown Christmas
#30 Old 12-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgyJff View Post

Your tree is pink??? Reminds me of Charlie Brown Christmas

I hadn't ever seen a pink tree until a few weeks ago. I was out shopping with The Man and I saw a PINK Christmas tree.

And I totally lost my mind.

He backed away several LARGE steps as I freaked out and took a half a dozen pictures on my iPhone while exclaiming loudly like some sort of escaped mental patient.

(He loves me for my miiiiiiiiiiind.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page