Australia Could anyone tell me some nice vegetarian places in Sydney?? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Beginner

Hey all. I haven't been on VeggieBoards too long, so forgive me if there is a post already on this somewhere.

I have not come across any Vegetarian restaurants in Sydney. I am not a huge fan of Asian food but am willing to try new places (I've seen a few Asian vegetarian restaurants).

Is it just me or is Sydney really lacking in vegetarian-friendly places? I live 15 mins from the city...any ideas??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Check this website out for some ideas: http://www.happycow.net/australia/ne..._wales/sydney/

Our favourites are Govindas and Green Gourmet < You can order off the menu, or pick from the buffet. It's Asian style, but it's REALLY ridiculously nice [and cheap if you go buffet style]. Don't let it deter you, because the food is delicious and not as Asian as I would have expected. I am not big on the Asian stuff either. Also Peace Harmony in the city is good [and asian] if you can handle the fake meats.

There's a place called Basil Pizza in Newtown which I believe does a vegan pizza?
#3 Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 PM

Newtown! king st is the place to go.there is plenty of veg and veg friendly restaurants and even vegan restaurants! there's also a vegan health food shop called 'vegan choice' I think.They make the best vegan icecream(try the passion fruit it's amazing!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 PM

green gourmet.
#5 Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Thanks guys I will head to Newtown sometime this week to check it out!
#6 Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Newtown is definitely the place to go for the best vegetarian/vegan food!
#7 Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM

Newtown is the best place ever! It's like vegetarian/vegan heaven! hehe I wanna move there.
#8 Old 05-27-2009, 10:23 PM

I really recommend Govindas in Darlinghurst - the food is superb indeed - also it is the coolest cinema in Sydney - get a meal and movie deal. Hope you enjoy it there
#9 Old 05-28-2009, 12:59 AM

I've seen a few places in king street but have never been there myself. There are a couple down the city end of king st near goulds bookshop but across the road.
#10 Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

There's a new vegan pie shop in Bondi called Funky Pies. They have pies, rolls, coffee, cupcakes, banana bread etc and all vegan. I went there last week and loved it. 144-148 Glenayr Avenue, Bondi
#11 Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 AM

They've got cupcakes and banana bread too? YUM!! I soo need to go there next week!! lol
#12 Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

green gourmet.

Wprd but Ireccoment the buffet and not ordering from the menu, the menu food sucks. Theres some alright places in bondi too.
#13 Old 06-02-2009, 05:31 PM

Don't forget the amazing Maya in Cleveland St - but be careful - there's 3 Mayas all next to each other and only one of them is veggo. I recommend the Punjabi or South Indian Thali. The Dosai is good too!

They also have an amazing selection of sweets... ENJOY
#14 Old 06-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Burgerfuel in Newtown King Street isn't a vego place but they have a choice of three different vego burgers and they are sooo good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page