Australia Soy Milk - blah! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENZA View Post

Haha nooo, just have always loved my milk n things you can do with it, and when I fully switched to Soy, my love for it didn't stop lol

Awesome stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 PM

I quite enjoy the So Good 99.9% Fat Free soy milk.

Did I mention how much I LOVE So Good chocolate bliss soy milk?
#33 Old 07-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, some brands are nasty, such as the stuff I once, or twice, had as a little kid. Nasty, yuk. Really, really aweful. Now I buy Alpro Soy milk, and it tastes quite nice, ceteinly not nasty in any way (probably not all varieties).

My advice, try different brands and different varieties. Some are horrible, and some are good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post

The only soy milk which I drink is Vita Soy.

I like this one best, too.

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#35 Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

vitasoy soymilk is good however it's not australian owned so i try to stick to sanitarium soymilk which is also good
#36 Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 AM

I've only been drinking soy for a short while. Ive tried only the So Good brand so far and have used the Original, Essential Omega and the 99.9% fat free. Personally out of the 3 I preferred the last one. This is just an assumption, but the skimming process from the milk actually seems to dull off the nutty flavor of the milk and personally I just do not like that strong nutty taste. I cope with it ok in coffee. It's tolerable. In cereal not so much. Most likely as I drink more and more I will attain the taste for it. So I really don't see it as a big problem.

I've also experimented with rice and oat milk. Regretfully I can't remember the brands of which I tried. I didn't like the rice milk at all and the oat milk was ok. I was using it in coffee. But found the sediment from the oat milk would settle in the bottom of my coffee cup. I've gone back to the So Good 99.9% fat free as that one seems to work the best for me so far. I'll have to try some of those other brands that you guys recommended near the start of the thread.

I'm also keeping my eyes out for any place at the moment that stocks almond milk. That is one I'm really curious about
#37 Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 AM

I'm curious about almond milk to Tanny.

Btw, Bonsoy soy milk is supposedly the best soy milk out there at the moment, I thought I might give you the thumbs up. It's a bit expensive though!
#38 Old 08-04-2009, 06:39 AM

Thanks honey. I will be sure to check it out. I'm coming into Penrith tomorrow for my bulk shopping so you can point all the goodies out for me (if your up to seeing the kiddo's lol).

BTW for anyone's information - Seeing I can't seem to find a premade almond milk. I just found a recipe for it online. Just in case anyone wants to try it (and I will be trying it myself. I'll be sure to let you know how it tastes)

All-Natural Almond Milk

1 1/2 cups of raw almonds, soaked in water overnight

4 cups of filtered or spring water

3-5 dates (optional)

Blend 1 ½ cups of raw almonds that have been soaked overnight in 4 cups of water. Blend with dates if you like your milk with a hint of sweetness. Strain once to remove almond granules. The result is a delicious, creamy milk that is free of harmful vegetable oil, concentrated sweeteners, and the problems associated with cow’s milk and soy. It can be stored safely for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
#39 Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 AM

im gonna have to buy some almond milk
#40 Old 08-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Rice milk is good stuff .
#41 Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 AM

I finally found almond milk stocked on the shelves in Coles (Richmond, NSW) the other day and bought one out of curiosity. Mind you it was a luxury as it cost me basically $5.50. It trades under the name "Pure Harvest Organic Almond Milk". I opened it and had a smell and then had a small amount in a glass and to tell you the truth it tastes really good! The nutty flavor is minimal and the milk comes in a light tan colour. The fat content is pretty good too with 1g of fat per 250ml's.

The only downfall is that it cannot be mixed with hot drinks such as coffee or tea. It has a small amount of sunflower oil added to it for... whatever reason and the milk seperates when it comes in contact with it. So if you want to buy I would suggest for cereal or as a drink. But not in coffee or tea
#42 Old 08-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Veggie Regular

i also like rice milk but on its own though cos it's not that good on tea or coffee.
#43 Old 08-08-2009, 02:26 AM

Coles Penrith don't have it Tanny. lol. Next time we go to Richmond to visit you, I'll have to buy it.
#44 Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 AM

I love Bonsoy but as a student I just can't justify the price. I have been buying Australia's Own Malt Free soy milk from the Coles health food section lately and I like it. I want to try almond milk but the prepackaged ones are so expensive...just bought a blender today, home-made here we come!
#45 Old 09-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Woolies here has started stocking almond milk $5.95, product of Italy, I'm going to have to try it.................soon
#46 Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM

I saw that! I wanna try it!
#47 Old 09-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried the almond milk today, sweet and a different/strange taste almost a Dr pepper taste to it. I I wouldn't buy it again even if it was $1.50 a litre , much prefer soy or rice milk.
#48 Old 10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm sure this has been recommended already, but the only soy milk I can kind of stand is Bonsoy. I think it's the only one you should heat for coffees and the like, too.

I hate cafes that charge extra for soy milk but just use some el cheapo crap like Vitasoy.
#49 Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted vegan View Post

I love Bonsoy but as a student I just can't justify the price. I have been buying Australia's Own Malt Free soy milk from the Coles health food section lately and I like it. I want to try almond milk but the prepackaged ones are so expensive...just bought a blender today, home-made here we come!

I dont think you can make soy milk with only a blender... but, there are special machines you can buy for making it, which you can make rice and almond milk in as well. I came across some info about it some time ago, that Im going to try finding again, as Im interested in doing this myself. Ill let you know when I locate that info and pass it on, if youre interested??
#50 Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAded View Post

I'm sure this has been recommended already, but the only soy milk I can kind of stand is Bonsoy. I think it's the only one you should heat for coffees and the like, too.

I hate cafes that charge extra for soy milk but just use some el cheapo crap like Vitasoy.

See I don't consider vitasoy cheap. It's mid range in price over here in NZ and I really like that taste of it as well!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page