Animals Australia Campaigns - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-24-2008, 07:32 PM

Are there any Animals Australia supporters here? hehe.

Watch the video "If Pigs Could Talk..."

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/medi...igs_could_talk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 PM

Wow. What a clever advertising initiative. Thanks for letting us know about it, paulwalkersgirl.

I just had a look around their website and listened to their radio advertising spots with the little girl's voice for the pig; it was chilling stuff. I actually liked the radio version better than the video; without the distraction of the animated pig face, the message was really powerful (and the revelation at the end much more shocking.)

I can only imagine what sort of power such an advertisement might have if enough people heard it.
#3 Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity View Post

Wow. What a clever advertising initiative. Thanks for letting us know about it, paulwalkersgirl.

I just had a look around their website and listened to their radio advertising spots with the little girl's voice for the pig; it was chilling stuff. I actually liked the radio version better than the video; without the distraction of the animated pig face, the message was really powerful (and the revelation at the end much more shocking.)

I can only imagine what sort of power such an advertisement might have if enough people heard it.

You're very welcome, fruity.

That video kinda freaked me out... Not just the voice, but the pig's face too.

I'll have to go and listen to the radio advertising spots.

I think it could freak out some people, you think? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-24-2008, 09:14 PM

I listened to the radio advertising spots... disturbing. I really find the one where the pig's pregnant, disturbing.
#5 Old 07-24-2008, 09:18 PM

Yes, they're certainly disturbing... but I think that's a good thing, if it makes people stop and think for a moment. A little bit of discomfort for the listening audience is nothing compared with the horrors that animals endure every day in factory farms.

I'm pretty sure that if I'd heard those ads six months ago when I was an omni, I would have done my research and gone veg sooner; hopefully the ads will affect others in a similar way.
#6 Old 07-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes I certainly support Animals Australia! I put their stickers up everywhere and I wear the "I made the ProPigPledge" shirt all the time and people give me weird looks. It has good information and it's nice to have a website dedicated to the problems facing animals in Australia, not just America or elsewhere.
#7 Old 07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a member of AA (heh), they're my favourite organization

I can't say I've ever really liked the 'if pigs could talk video', it seems juvenile to me, but it's meant to be aimed at children as AA are trying to reach that demographic.
#8 Old 07-25-2008, 09:46 PM

I've got the SaveBabe.com pamphlet on the fridge at home.

Unfortunately mum and siblings just ignore it.
#9 Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

ha. yes, wearing my Save Babe shirt whilst browsing the pork section looking for free-range [Never found any, and it's hard to find pork when you can't tell it apart from the other meats!]. What a sight! Sometimes I think I should just casually drop a couple of leaflets around the pork...or a little post it note near the not-as-bad-as-the-others egg products, suggesting people buy them instead. One day. Maybe when I'm likely to move, so that if I'm caught I don't have to show my face again
#10 Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 PM

I've been tempted to do the same thing in pet shop windows... unfortunately we are then seen as the criminals!!
#11 Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnh783 View Post

I've been tempted to do the same thing in pet shop windows... unfortunately we are then seen as the criminals!!

Fo shizzle. Hate how it looks like defamation eh...if they wouldn't give people something to talk badly about then it wouldn't happen =) For now though I stick mainly to the email-everyone-about-the-issue technique. Suggesting the odd free range meat products or local/free range [and not Pace] eggs. Hopefully they occasionally take notice. I still have this pile of Save Babe/Factory Farming leaflets from AA. Should really make use of them.

Also, randomly, Darren Cordeux.

Kisschasy will be part of a punk/rock festival [Badlands] at Sydney Uni in September. Kisschasy, Cog, Trial Kennedy, Horsell Common [I'm going purely for TK and HC! First time seeing Kisschasy. Gotta support the treehugging hippy vego bands], the hot lies, dead letter circus. Ohh the list goes on but let's keep talking about Animals Australia Kristen.
#12 Old 07-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen4382 View Post

Also, randomly, Darren Cordeux.

Kisschasy will be part of a punk/rock festival [Badlands] at Sydney Uni in September. Kisschasy, Cog, Trial Kennedy, Horsell Common [I'm going purely for TK and HC! First time seeing Kisschasy. Gotta support the treehugging hippy vego bands], the hot lies, dead letter circus. Ohh the list goes on but let's keep talking about Animals Australia Kristen.

A thread discussing vegan bands and festivals etc is probably a good idea for another thread Kristen if you want to start one.
#13 Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen4382 View Post

Maybe when I'm likely to move, so that if I'm caught I don't have to show my face again

hahahaha same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnh783 View Post

soo true!!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

A thread discussing vegan bands and festivals etc is probably a good idea for another thread Kristen if you want to start one.

yeah, that is truly a brilliant idea!!

do it, girlfriend!!!!
#14 Old 08-02-2008, 07:19 PM

This article about the Lucy campaign was on the front page of The Age today. I'm so glad that it's receiving so much public attention... although I'm a little concerned about what kind of propaganda campaign the pork industry is planning in response.
#15 Old 08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeeaah...go AA!
#16 Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity View Post

This article about the Lucy campaign was on the front page of The Age today. I'm so glad that it's receiving so much public attention... although I'm a little concerned about what kind of propaganda campaign the pork industry is planning in response.

Wow. That's great about the front page of The Age! lol

Hmm.... I'm concerned with what the pork industry is going to respond with...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page