aussie chat thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM

yeeeeaahh, we got our own forum at last!! finally, we can talk freely and openly about beer, footie, kangaroos, bogans, barnsey and huuuughsey. ok, maybe not more like tofu, soy milk and fake bacon. but ill probably be throwing in a swear word every now and then just to remind you that its gonna be tough, its gritty, its straight up australian chat !!

go for ya life and dribble s**t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Ha ha....thought you'd be the first

Talking about Hughsey, I dunno whether you heard it but when he was doing his piece on Rove the other night he mentioned he was a vegetarian rah rah rah, and I was suss about it at the time because I didn't really picture him as an ethical veggie and then I just read somewhere that he eats fish
#3 Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

did he actually mention the word vegetarian?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

It's about 1:55 in.

[youtube]YNZXUmOBYzs[/youtube]
#5 Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM

whered ya see the fish thing?
#6 Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Pm
#7 Old 07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

That was the most hilarious rant by Hughsey! Shame about the fish thing though. However it's good that he got a bit of a message out on mainstream tv!
#8 Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Exactly...captive audience there on Rove.
#9 Old 07-09-2008, 11:02 PM

LOLOL Hughsey was soo funny!! He fish? You're a pesce, dude!!!!!!!!!!
#10 Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Veggie Regular

huzzah! We have a forum! [belated, since I've posted in the other threads].

Also found the Dave Hughes rant hilarious. Nice mix of seriousness with humour. Good way to get to people I think. Good on him!

Pumpkin and chickpea salad for dinner, having a lazy one tonight. [bought from a cafe today. I only found it because one day I wanted to purchase something, as one of the employees is gorgeous haha. Superficial I know but he really is lovely...and the salad is great so I keep coming back for more salad/Mr Latte fixes.]
#11 Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 AM

hey guys im another aussie here ive mostly just been reading and not posting.. but since we have our own little section here i might be a bit more talkative lol.

speaking of veggies on tv, does anyone watch BB ?? Jackie O is a vego and so is Pamela Anderson who went in last night.. and of course they get asked " dont you crave meat???" ahh silly people!!!

lol anyways hiiii
#12 Old 07-10-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen4382 View Post

huzzah! We have a forum! [belated, since I've posted in the other threads].

Also found the Dave Hughes rant hilarious. Nice mix of seriousness with humour. Good way to get to people I think. Good on him!

Pumpkin and chickpea salad for dinner, having a lazy one tonight. [bought from a cafe today. I only found it because one day I wanted to purchase something, as one of the employees is gorgeous haha. Superficial I know but he really is lovely...and the salad is great so I keep coming back for more salad/Mr Latte fixes.]

LMAO!! I didn't notice either! When they put up this sub-forum, I wonder? Hughsey tends to annoy me a lot but he is a funny *******! haha

Pumpkin & chickpea salad?? *drools like Homer Simpson* hehehehe. Mum & I had a vegetarian kebab. hehe.

Oohh, gorgeous employee, eh? What does he look like? *hides* *hint to self: Get a bf!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly89 View Post

hey guys im another aussie her ive mostly just been reading and not posting.. but since we have our own little section here i might be a bit more talkative lol.

speaking of veggies on tv, does anyone watch BB ?? Jackie O is a vego and so is Pamela Anderson who went in last night.. and of course they get asked " dont you crave meat???" ahh silly people!!!

lol anyways hiiii

Hi Melly!

Last year, a relative of mine said that Jackie O said on the Kyle & Jackie O Show that she eats fish. I'm utterly confused. lolol.

I actually thought Pamela was vegan?? Did she back to being just vegetarian? If so, that's cool. Whether she is (vegan) or not, good on her.

"Don't you crave meat?" Grrr. LMAO. What did she say to that?
#13 Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwalkersgirl View Post

Oohh, gorgeous employee, eh? What does he look like? *hides* *hint to self: Get a bf!!*

I put him in the Josh Groban category, but with shorter hair. I found some photos, so at the risk of looking like a stalker... (there are awards up at his cafe with his name, and 'josh groban' isn't the greatest description, though it is a huge compliment!) :

http://numerouno.com.au/main.php

http://www.thelows.org/syd/austbarcomp/ [If you go to latte art, #11, 12, 30... but also 22+25 so clever. I always watching guys at work do this stuff. I look weird for showing a photo anyway, hey!?]

Yeah, apparently I need a man too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwalkersgirl View Post

"Don't you crave meat?" Grrr. LMAO. What did she say to that?

ROFLMAO. I loved Terri's slightly horrified expression when they found out. 'I'm a vegetarian' casual as anything "are you a vegetarian?" Pamela seems like a nice woman.

On a side note, I emailed Animals Australia the other week, and they sent me some save babe leaflets, promoting:

a) not eating meat

b) eating free range, if you really must.

They also sent some factory farming leaflets as well. Probably got around 50 of each. I thought you [and some others] might be interested. I'll post it in the facebook group too. I seem to be on quite a thread starting spree
#14 Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly89 View Post

lol anyways hiiii

hi melly ive always been a bb watcher until this year, its a bit crap now i reckon. i only watch bbuk now. i tuned in last night though to see if pamela got the opportunity to talk about peta at all and it was good to see that it got a mention at the dinner table
#15 Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen4382 View Post

I put him in the Josh Groban category, but with shorter hair. I found some photos, so at the risk of looking like a stalker... (there are awards up at his cafe with his name, and 'josh groban' isn't the greatest description, though it is a huge compliment!) :

http://numerouno.com.au/main.php

http://www.thelows.org/syd/austbarcomp/ [If you go to latte art, #11, 12, 30... but also 22+25 so clever. I always watching guys at work do this stuff. I look weird for showing a photo anyway, hey!?]

Yeah, apparently I need a man too.

ROFLMAO. I loved Terri's slightly horrified expression when they found out. 'I'm a vegetarian' casual as anything "are you a vegetarian?" Pamela seems like a nice woman.

On a side note, I emailed Animals Australia the other week, and they sent me some save babe leaflets, promoting:

a) not eating meat

b) eating free range, if you really must.

They also sent some factory farming leaflets as well. Probably got around 50 of each. I thought you [and some others] might be interested. I'll post it in the facebook group too. I seem to be on quite a thread starting spree

oooohh nice hahahaha *hides* Terri was shocked, huh? Cool! hehe.

You've got some save babe leaflets too, sweetness!!!! 50 of each? You're on a roll, girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

i tuned in last night though to see if pamela got the opportunity to talk about peta at all and it was good to see that it got a mention at the dinner table

It was mentioned at the dinner table? Excellent!
#16 Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 PM

Since seeing 'Earthlings' last weekend (thanks, Kristen!! ), mum wanted to try vegetarian (lacto-ovo) for a week. She told me today that she's enjoyed it... She said that finds it empowering. I hope she decides to go vego. If not, I'll live with it, but it would be fabulous if there were another veg-head in my house. hahahaha. Her last day is Tuesday!
#17 Old 07-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Have any of you lovely Aussies watched Bargearse?? It's an old dubbed spoof movie that "The Late Show" crew did back in the day. I still think it's about the funniest thing ever and quote it daily. Tell me there are other Bargearse fans out there!
#18 Old 07-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow - our own forum at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfbabe View Post

Tell me there are other Bargearse fans out there!

Where's me bloody donuts!

I miss the Late Show, that was a cool show.

m8itcanw8.com
#19 Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

defo

eta. what are u doing posting on here right now? you should be out partying
#20 Old 07-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey Kal

It got cancelled, so we went for a meal and then went back to the hotel - save our nrg for tomorrow night. Did you guys have a good one?

m8itcanw8.com
#21 Old 07-12-2008, 08:01 PM

yeah it was wild !! it wasnt a huge turnout cuz its pretty cold here at the moment but it was all the regular crew.

we missed you guys though
#22 Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Same here matey.

Check your PM dude.

m8itcanw8.com
#23 Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

[youtube]cDyuz0zFyv0[/youtube]
#24 Old 07-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Champagne comedy

m8itcanw8.com
#25 Old 07-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't get me started or I'll be posting piffy the bell ringer and it'll be downhill from there
#26 Old 07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

If that doesn't set off homesickness nothing will *sad banana*

m8itcanw8.com
#27 Old 07-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Ha ha....are you going to Su***e after all?

actually tell me in msn....I've got it working again
#28 Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

m8itcanw8.com
#29 Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 PM

I've converted my mum to vegetarianism... She did the vegetarian diet for 7 days and told me last night (before the 7th day haha) that she'd stick with it.
#30 Old 07-15-2008, 01:55 AM

Hi there everyone

Just thought I would pop in and say hello! I am a brand newbie Vegan & am living north of brissie.

I am looking forward to meeting some more people from Aussie, as I don't know ANY vegans or even vegetarians (however my sister may be converting!)

Krista
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page