VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Australia / New Zealand (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/117-australia-new-zealand/)
-   -   aussie chat thread (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/117-australia-new-zealand/84386-aussie-chat-thread.html)

GhostUser 07-09-2008 11:52 AM

yeeeeaahh, we got our own forum at last!! finally, we can talk freely and openly about beer, footie, kangaroos, bogans, barnsey and huuuughsey. ok, maybe not more like tofu, soy milk and fake bacon. but ill probably be throwing in a swear word every now and then just to remind you that its gonna be tough, its gritty, its straight up australian chat !!

go for ya life and dribble s**t

sybaritik 07-09-2008 12:39 PM

Ha ha....thought you'd be the first

Talking about Hughsey, I dunno whether you heard it but when he was doing his piece on Rove the other night he mentioned he was a vegetarian rah rah rah, and I was suss about it at the time because I didn't really picture him as an ethical veggie and then I just read somewhere that he eats fish

GhostUser 07-09-2008 12:58 PM

did he actually mention the word vegetarian?

sybaritik 07-09-2008 01:28 PM

It's about 1:55 in.

[youtube]YNZXUmOBYzs[/youtube]

GhostUser 07-09-2008 01:42 PM

whered ya see the fish thing?

sybaritik 07-09-2008 01:55 PM

Pm

Charlottejane 07-09-2008 03:46 PM

That was the most hilarious rant by Hughsey! Shame about the fish thing though. However it's good that he got a bit of a message out on mainstream tv!

sybaritik 07-09-2008 04:47 PM

Exactly...captive audience there on Rove.

GhostUser 07-09-2008 11:02 PM

LOLOL Hughsey was soo funny!! He fish? You're a pesce, dude!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen4382 07-10-2008 01:37 AM

huzzah! We have a forum! [belated, since I've posted in the other threads].

Also found the Dave Hughes rant hilarious. Nice mix of seriousness with humour. Good way to get to people I think. Good on him!

Pumpkin and chickpea salad for dinner, having a lazy one tonight. [bought from a cafe today. I only found it because one day I wanted to purchase something, as one of the employees is gorgeous haha. Superficial I know but he really is lovely...and the salad is great so I keep coming back for more salad/Mr Latte fixes.]

melly89 07-10-2008 02:08 AM

hey guys im another aussie here ive mostly just been reading and not posting.. but since we have our own little section here i might be a bit more talkative lol.

speaking of veggies on tv, does anyone watch BB ?? Jackie O is a vego and so is Pamela Anderson who went in last night.. and of course they get asked " dont you crave meat???" ahh silly people!!!

lol anyways hiiii

GhostUser 07-10-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen4382 View Post

huzzah! We have a forum! [belated, since I've posted in the other threads].

Also found the Dave Hughes rant hilarious. Nice mix of seriousness with humour. Good way to get to people I think. Good on him!

Pumpkin and chickpea salad for dinner, having a lazy one tonight. [bought from a cafe today. I only found it because one day I wanted to purchase something, as one of the employees is gorgeous haha. Superficial I know but he really is lovely...and the salad is great so I keep coming back for more salad/Mr Latte fixes.]

LMAO!! I didn't notice either! When they put up this sub-forum, I wonder? Hughsey tends to annoy me a lot but he is a funny *******! haha

Pumpkin & chickpea salad?? *drools like Homer Simpson* hehehehe. Mum & I had a vegetarian kebab. hehe.

Oohh, gorgeous employee, eh? What does he look like? *hides* *hint to self: Get a bf!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly89 View Post

hey guys im another aussie her ive mostly just been reading and not posting.. but since we have our own little section here i might be a bit more talkative lol.

speaking of veggies on tv, does anyone watch BB ?? Jackie O is a vego and so is Pamela Anderson who went in last night.. and of course they get asked " dont you crave meat???" ahh silly people!!!

lol anyways hiiii

Hi Melly!

Last year, a relative of mine said that Jackie O said on the Kyle & Jackie O Show that she eats fish. I'm utterly confused. lolol.

I actually thought Pamela was vegan?? Did she back to being just vegetarian? If so, that's cool. Whether she is (vegan) or not, good on her.

"Don't you crave meat?" Grrr. LMAO. What did she say to that?

Kristen4382 07-10-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwalkersgirl View Post

Oohh, gorgeous employee, eh? What does he look like? *hides* *hint to self: Get a bf!!*

I put him in the Josh Groban category, but with shorter hair. I found some photos, so at the risk of looking like a stalker... (there are awards up at his cafe with his name, and 'josh groban' isn't the greatest description, though it is a huge compliment!) :

http://numerouno.com.au/main.php

http://www.thelows.org/syd/austbarcomp/ [If you go to latte art, #11, 12, 30... but also 22+25 so clever. I always watching guys at work do this stuff. I look weird for showing a photo anyway, hey!?]

Yeah, apparently I need a man too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwalkersgirl View Post

"Don't you crave meat?" Grrr. LMAO. What did she say to that?

ROFLMAO. I loved Terri's slightly horrified expression when they found out. 'I'm a vegetarian' casual as anything "are you a vegetarian?" Pamela seems like a nice woman.

On a side note, I emailed Animals Australia the other week, and they sent me some save babe leaflets, promoting:

a) not eating meat

b) eating free range, if you really must.

They also sent some factory farming leaflets as well. Probably got around 50 of each. I thought you [and some others] might be interested. I'll post it in the facebook group too. I seem to be on quite a thread starting spree

GhostUser 07-10-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly89 View Post

lol anyways hiiii

hi melly ive always been a bb watcher until this year, its a bit crap now i reckon. i only watch bbuk now. i tuned in last night though to see if pamela got the opportunity to talk about peta at all and it was good to see that it got a mention at the dinner table

GhostUser 07-10-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen4382 View Post

I put him in the Josh Groban category, but with shorter hair. I found some photos, so at the risk of looking like a stalker... (there are awards up at his cafe with his name, and 'josh groban' isn't the greatest description, though it is a huge compliment!) :

http://numerouno.com.au/main.php

http://www.thelows.org/syd/austbarcomp/ [If you go to latte art, #11, 12, 30... but also 22+25 so clever. I always watching guys at work do this stuff. I look weird for showing a photo anyway, hey!?]

Yeah, apparently I need a man too.

ROFLMAO. I loved Terri's slightly horrified expression when they found out. 'I'm a vegetarian' casual as anything "are you a vegetarian?" Pamela seems like a nice woman.

On a side note, I emailed Animals Australia the other week, and they sent me some save babe leaflets, promoting:

a) not eating meat

b) eating free range, if you really must.

They also sent some factory farming leaflets as well. Probably got around 50 of each. I thought you [and some others] might be interested. I'll post it in the facebook group too. I seem to be on quite a thread starting spree

oooohh nice hahahaha *hides* Terri was shocked, huh? Cool! hehe.

You've got some save babe leaflets too, sweetness!!!! 50 of each? You're on a roll, girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

i tuned in last night though to see if pamela got the opportunity to talk about peta at all and it was good to see that it got a mention at the dinner table

It was mentioned at the dinner table? Excellent!

GhostUser 07-11-2008 11:48 PM

Since seeing 'Earthlings' last weekend (thanks, Kristen!! ), mum wanted to try vegetarian (lacto-ovo) for a week. She told me today that she's enjoyed it... She said that finds it empowering. I hope she decides to go vego. If not, I'll live with it, but it would be fabulous if there were another veg-head in my house. hahahaha. Her last day is Tuesday!

Smurfbabe 07-12-2008 04:05 PM

Have any of you lovely Aussies watched Bargearse?? It's an old dubbed spoof movie that "The Late Show" crew did back in the day. I still think it's about the funniest thing ever and quote it daily. Tell me there are other Bargearse fans out there!

Nishani 07-12-2008 04:34 PM

Wow - our own forum at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfbabe View Post

Tell me there are other Bargearse fans out there!

Where's me bloody donuts!

I miss the Late Show, that was a cool show.

GhostUser 07-12-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

defo

eta. what are u doing posting on here right now? you should be out partying

Nishani 07-12-2008 07:54 PM

Hey Kal

It got cancelled, so we went for a meal and then went back to the hotel - save our nrg for tomorrow night. Did you guys have a good one?

GhostUser 07-12-2008 08:01 PM

yeah it was wild !! it wasnt a huge turnout cuz its pretty cold here at the moment but it was all the regular crew.

we missed you guys though

Nishani 07-12-2008 08:07 PM

Same here matey.

Check your PM dude.

sybaritik 07-13-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

[youtube]cDyuz0zFyv0[/youtube]

Nishani 07-13-2008 12:01 PM

Champagne comedy

sybaritik 07-13-2008 12:07 PM

Don't get me started or I'll be posting piffy the bell ringer and it'll be downhill from there

Nishani 07-13-2008 12:11 PM

If that doesn't set off homesickness nothing will *sad banana*

sybaritik 07-13-2008 12:18 PM

Ha ha....are you going to Su***e after all?

actually tell me in msn....I've got it working again

Nishani 07-13-2008 12:22 PM

GhostUser 07-14-2008 06:47 PM

I've converted my mum to vegetarianism... She did the vegetarian diet for 7 days and told me last night (before the 7th day haha) that she'd stick with it.

kristtavegan 07-15-2008 01:55 AM

Hi there everyone

Just thought I would pop in and say hello! I am a brand newbie Vegan & am living north of brissie.

I am looking forward to meeting some more people from Aussie, as I don't know ANY vegans or even vegetarians (however my sister may be converting!)

Krista