4Likes
  • 1 Post By SweetPotato
  • 1 Post By Phil1
  • 1 Post By ModVegan
  • 1 Post By SweetPotato

#1 Old 03-02-2016, 04:50 AM

Eating animals as entertainment.

Hi.

I just wanted to share my frustration about veggies being asked to eat animal products on TV for entertainment. Omnivores too. But that people who are vegetarians go onto these (terrible) shows and expected to ignore their morals for the sake of these pathetic challenges.

The only reason I even knew about it was because I saw it advertised. An advertisement that pointed out one of the contestants was vegetarian.
I'm talking about this in case you're wondering.
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/im...me-out-of-here
Apparently there have been other vegetarians in the past too. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1759038

They apparently normally provide those who are veg with veggie options for their normal meals. But then they have these stupid challenge things. Which is basically trying to make these "celebrities" eat something gross, usually eyeballs or testicles or something.
I mean, if you eat animals, I don't know why some parts are yukky but others aren't... A dog or cat would be loving all of it.

But yes "well done" for eating that *pat on the back* "here's your reward."
Pathetic.

Freelee had made a video in the past about My Kitchen Rules and the hypocrisy of the contestants. One who was vegetarian.
https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/ne...ewthread&f=117

Veg*ans are looked at as being the weirdo freaks on these shows and have to give up their morals and conform.
Not that I would ever want to be on these shows. But it pisses me off.
So I'm venting here because I have no one else I can vent to about it.

I hope that's OK.
LedBoots likes this.

Last edited by SweetPotato; 03-02-2016 at 04:53 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2016, 07:01 AM

Venting here's ok I guess

But yes, this is something a bit absurd. Those people desperately need attention and not their eating habits are "the problem", but the fact that they crave the attention so badly.
Somehow I pity them..
#3 Old 03-02-2016, 09:06 AM

So many reality shows are meant to demonstrate the ethical ambiguity of their contestants - people lie, cheat, steal, backstab, etc. Violating their ethics in one more way (by abandoning their commitment to avoid animal products), seems like just another attempt to dehumanize contestants for ratings. I think the moral is, don't watch these shows, and never enter any contest that would require you to turn your back on your values for fame.

I was disappointed to read the other day that Leonardo di Caprio actually ate a raw fish in The Revenant. He says he's a vegetarian, and at his stage of fame I don't think the director would have dropped him from the picture for refusing to eat a fish! (I think he also admitted to eating raw beef liver for the film, too).

As my grandmother would say..."if everyone was painting themselves blue, would you do it too?"
SweetPotato likes this.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

Veganism is not a sacrifice, it's a joy.
- Gary L. Francione
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-02-2016, 01:21 PM

Oh don't worry. I don't watch those shows. I think everyone knows they are ridiculous.
Just another reason to be annoyed at them I suppose. Haha.

Yeah, that's sad about Leo. I haven't seen the movie yet so I didn't know. I wonder how he felt about it afterwards?
#5 Old 03-02-2016, 01:25 PM

You grandmothers quote made me think of Arrested Development. Which is a welcome hilarious distraction. So thank you for that!
ModVegan likes this.
#6 Old 03-02-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPotato View Post
Oh don't worry. I don't watch those shows. I think everyone knows they are ridiculous.
Just another reason to be annoyed at them I suppose. Haha.

Yeah, that's sad about Leo. I haven't seen the movie yet so I didn't know. I wonder how he felt about it afterwards?
I wonder what he felt about it too. I know Joaquin Phoenix won't even wear leather for his films, and Peter Dinklage eats mock meat on Game of Thrones. Vegans and vegetarians shouldn't have to compromise their ethics for work, but it's hard to have your ethics taken seriously when even big stars like Leo cast them aside for film roles.

YouTube:
Blog:

Twitter:

Veganism is not a sacrifice, it's a joy.
- Gary L. Francione

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page