Questions for Perth People - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I am moving back to Perth in late June/early July from Dubai. I went from rarely eating meat to fully vegetarian when I took a position overseas.

I would love some hints and help on leading a healthy vegetarian life in WA.

Please post recommendations for the best :

Greengrocers/Growers market
Organic stores
Vegetarian restaurants
Vegetarian vitamin supplier

And anything else that you think I might find helpful.

Thanks

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't think there's anyone posting from Perth anymore. I don't know much about vego stuff WRT Perth, but here's a couple of links that might get you started.

http://www.veganinperth.com/

http://www.paws.org.au/

m8itcanw8.com
#3 Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks Nishani. I guess that means a meet up is out of the question too

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeh, unless you can get Jetstar to sponser you.

m8itcanw8.com
#5 Old 04-30-2011, 06:51 AM

PAWS has an office/store in Northbridge and it's great! You can buy a whole range of vegan products, they host regular activist petitions/rallies etc including a recent one to eradicate the last furrier working to order in WA.

I am not sure if they still do this, but on Mondays they have a vegan feast night. Money donation and people bring food to share like a buffet.

There is also a TV in there and a range of videos you can watch, linked to animal cruelty such as wool, use of fur, live sheep trade, factory farming specifics and footage etc.

Where in Perth do you live is this is not too much information? North of the river: wanneroo markets have cheap, fresh fruit and veg. $50 could get you a week's supply of fruit and veg.

Vegetarian restaurants: There is a GREAT one in Perth, it is right near the bell tower. Take a visit to PAWS and they could answer all your questions anyway.
#6 Old 05-15-2011, 02:57 AM
Veggie Regular

There is about a 50% chance that I will be moving to Perth in January.... thats a while away I know. I will be moving from NZ so know nothing about being vegan in Aussie.....
Will let you know if it goes ahead.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page