Aus: Sydney Vegan Drinks Night - Frii Dec 17 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

From the US Vegan Drinks site:

Quote:
Vegan Drinks is a monthly social networking* event for people interested in promoting veganism and advocating for animal rights. Vegan Drinks mission is to bring together a diverse group of peoplefrom cupcake aficionados to animal lawyers to veg*ns of all stripes in betweento build new coalitions and promote the sharing of resources. Vegan Drinks is for newbies and oldies. All we expect is an interest in animal rights, veganism and the pursuit of after-work fun. Show up and introduce yourself, pass around business cards (if you've got em) and embarrass yourself at least once an hour.

^^
This event originates in New York, but a monthly vegan booze meet-up has been up and running in Sydney for the last few months. The next Sydney Vegan Drinks night will be held 17 December from 7:00-11:00, once again at The Hive Bar in Erskineville (93 Erskineville Rd).

This event is partly presented by Vegaroo http://vegaroo.com/happyhour/ which even if you're not interested in this booze up is a great vegan blog to read.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I have no idea what I am doing around that date, but it does sound interesting. It has been a long time since I have done a veg*n meet up.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#3 Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM

ive got a few too many commitments around this time of the year already but id like to make it to one in jan or feb maybe. ive been to one of the rock quiz nights they have there during the week. that was fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

If there's a meet up this year I'd love to come (though i'm about 80% per cent vegan atm.. I don't know if i'm invited? lol)
#5 Old 01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Iceflower, you don't have to be vegan to go even meat eaters are welcome, but the only thing that Sharon (the founder) expects of people is "to be excellent to each other and it would be cool if you only ordered off the vegan menu."

Attachment 14253

The 4th Sydney vegan Drinks Night

When
28th January 2011 at 7:30ish
Where The Hive, 93 Erskinville Road, Erskinville

Short walk from Erskinville or Newtown Station

What to wear Casual, no need to dress up (unless you own a giant roo suit)
Getting there? - Train or Taxi, Bus or . . dont drive, parking is terrible
LL

m8itcanw8.com
#6 Old 01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks I won't be able to make this one but maybe next time.
#7 Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

It was a pretty good turn-out on Friday night. Unfortunately I couldn't stay as long as I wanted as my mates and I were heading off somewhere else that night but it was great to meet those I did get a chance to briefly chat to. I'm hoping to make it to next month's VDN too.

m8itcanw8.com
#8 Old 02-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

i'd quite like to go to this. is it on this month? can't seem to find any details.
#9 Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I reckon it is but they've just been a bit slack about promoting it.

m8itcanw8.com
#10 Old 02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Ya going?
#11 Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Sorry dude, I didn't see your post as I've been away for a few days (and I'll also be updating you on my new mob # Wooops! )

I doubt I'll be able to make it to the next one (which I hear is on the 25th of March if you're still interested) cos of Mardi Gras - sadly, we can't fit two trips into the glowster's schedule.

m8itcanw8.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page