Australia Favourite Restaruant - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-17-2010, 03:28 PM

So what is your favourite vegetarian restaurant in Australia?

My experience is fairly limited geographically but one of my favourite places is the Tian Ran on the Gold Coast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Wow, this is a hard one! A toss up between Green Gourmet and Peace Harmony.
#3 Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

My favourite's are Vego2go and Zenhouse. I'm a bit bored with vego/vegan cafe's and restaurants in Australia just lately though. They're either too hippy-orientated, too small, too weird smelling, too limited on choice with regard to the menu or just run by people who seem to have the right philosophy, but lack imagination and skill with their cooking. My favourite restaurant at the moment is actually a omni one in Melb (yes, I'm a traitor! ) where the food available for me to eat is limited, but it's good quality and of a reasonable standard that I expect if I go out to eat.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 AM

Hey Pixelle, where are those restaurants?
#5 Old 03-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

My favourite's are Vego2go and Zenhouse. I'm a bit bored with vego/vegan cafe's and restaurants in Australia just lately though. They're either too hippy-orientated, too small, too weird smelling, too limited on choice with regard to the menu or just run by people who seem to have the right philosophy, but lack imagination and skill with their cooking. My favourite restaurant at the moment is actually a omni one in Melb (yes, I'm a traitor! ) where the food available for me to eat is limited, but it's good quality and of a reasonable standard that I expect if I go out to eat.

So what is the name of your secret restaurant?
#6 Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM

Last weekend, I went to Tian Ci (vegetarian and vegan friendly) Buddhist restaurant at West Ryde.

Last night, I went to Green Palace Thai Vegetarian (vegan) restaurant at Newtown. OMG! The food... *drools* lol
#7 Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post

Hey Pixelle, where are those restaurants?

Vego2go is in Brunswick East in Melb and Zenhouse is in ADL. Just to clarify something, they're more cafe's than restaurants really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofusion View Post

So what is the name of your secret restaurant?

It's not a secret but I'm not going to go out of my way to promote an omni restaurant on VB. I can tell you that it's Italian, and it's on the Yarra waterfront at Southgate.LOL

m8itcanw8.com
#8 Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Vego2go is in Brunswick East in Melb and Zenhouse is in ADL. Just to clarify something, they're more cafe's than restaurants really.

It's not a secret but I'm not going to go out of my way to promote an omni restaurant on VB. I can tell you that it's Italian, and it's on the Yarra waterfront at Southgate.LOL

It's good to know these things... I don't know a single vegan or vegetarian so when I go out to eat I have to consider my friends' tastes more than my own.
#9 Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 PM

trippy taco in melbourne is good, lord of the fries, vego2go. there used to be more that i liked [soulmama] but the standard of the food with some of them has taken a dive in recent years. i reckon these things go in cycles a bit & i guess itll pick up again.
#10 Old 03-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I forgot about Green Gourmet - it's been a while since I hung out in Syderz.

m8itcanw8.com
#11 Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM

my favourite vegan cafe keeps playing fecking pan pipes muzak every time im in there i feel like im trapped in an episode of the fast show & any minute the patagonian buskers are gonna burst out of the kitchen & jog by my table looking for dosh
#12 Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

*Check your msgs for video evidence of them having escaped from the CD into the frigging mall!

m8itcanw8.com
#13 Old 03-28-2010, 09:08 AM

i cant beleeeeve thats the exact same bloody song :P

htf did you know that ?!!!
#14 Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeh. I'm THAT good. Actually, your scoppie told me.

m8itcanw8.com
#15 Old 03-28-2010, 10:06 AM

ah rightyo. chat at mine ??
#16 Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Aw how I miss green gourmet!! I haven't been there for years even though I'm in sydney LOL. My other fav veg place Peace harmony is also in Newtown. Once again haven't dined there for a long time.

The other places which I go to sometimes and which are closer to me are An Lac Vegan, Colour of love and Vegetarian House. All vegan.
#17 Old 04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Sydney - Green Gourmet

Melbourne - Vegie Bar. Maybe this is because I haven't tried many of their restaurants? But whenever I go there (4 times so far) the food is always good, the staff helpful and courteous, and it's pretty much packed on busy nights. Love it! Ahhh I want a risotto ball! And a pizza!
#18 Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post

trippy taco in melbourne is good, lord of the fries, vego2go. there used to be more that i liked [soulmama] but the standard of the food with some of them has taken a dive in recent years. i reckon these things go in cycles a bit & i guess itll pick up again.

I'd have to disagree with you on lord of the fries, I tried one of their vegan burgers and I only got a bite into it before throwing it away. Pretty vile. I don't know why they have such a good rep.

Veg2go has good food, though unfortunately the place has a vibe about as nice as going to Maccas.
#19 Old 04-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofusion View Post

Veg2go has good food, though unfortunately the place has a vibe about as nice as going to Maccas.

its a cafe, whaddya expect ?? if youre looking for something more you might need to flash ya cash in a restaurant
#20 Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post

its a cafe, whaddya expect ?? if youre looking for something more you might need to flash ya cash in a restaurant

I would expect more. If you go to the other end of Lygon to somewhere like Tiamo, it's cheap and has a great vibe, but not many vegetarian or vegan options.
#21 Old 06-05-2010, 09:59 PM

Veggie Bar! (Melb) LOVE it. Few friends and myself go there whenever we possibly can. It's always packed. Always great new dishes/specials. Oh and the desserts... drool worthy. truly.
#22 Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Beginner

Anyone know any good Perth places??
#23 Old 06-06-2010, 12:19 AM

I've only been to a few, One World Cuisine in Kardiyna and Utopia and Lotus, Both on James St in Northbridge.

All heavy on the mock meat, but I think I enjoyed Utopia the most. One World is cheapest and I think it's all vegan now.
#24 Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 AM

Forgot to mention Eden Delicacy in Freo as well. They do asian-style buffet for lunches. It's near Target on Adelaide St
#25 Old 06-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Beginner

Ooh thanks will have to check those out
#26 Old 06-06-2010, 08:34 PM

I had a vegan pizza (with yummy vegan cheese), nachos and half a piece of berry (vegan) cheesecake and (vegan) vanilla slice. Got them from Basil Pizza.... even though they aren't actually a vegan joint.
#27 Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

My favourite is probably Soul Mama in Melbourne. I love getting to try lots of different dishes in the way the restaurant is run. Always good value for money to as they really pile those plates high.
#28 Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 AM

try funky pies cafe in bondi. the food is wicked, tasty pies and pancakes & desserts and they serve a full breakfast until 2 in the arvo <<< perfect for the urban vegan slacker me & a mate of mine pigged out big time last time we ate there.
#29 Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Veggie Regular

My fav vegan restaurant is in Melbourne, but honestly can't remember what its called- maybe its vego2go. What street is that on?
I have also been to SoulMama and LentilAsAnything... I liked them both, but this other one was legendary....

In NZ, my fav restaurant is actually very meat orientated- but the veggie dishes they do there are stunning, and i love that they put a lot of effort into their veggie dishes, even though they primarily cater for omnivores.

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#30 Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday_12 View Post

My fav vegan restaurant is in Melbourne, but honestly can't remember what its called- maybe its vego2go. What street is that on?

you were pretty damn close its vege2go. its on lygon st. i think maria (the woman who runs it) shoulda called it vego2go tho cuz heaps of people call it that. it just seems to sound better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page