VeggieBoards banner

Australia Favourite Restaruant

7K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  haimen 
#1 ·
So what is your favourite vegetarian restaurant in Australia?

My experience is fairly limited geographically but one of my favourite places is the Tian Ran on the Gold Coast.

#3 ·
My favourite's are Vego2go and Zenhouse. I'm a bit bored with vego/vegan cafe's and restaurants in Australia just lately though. They're either too hippy-orientated, too small, too weird smelling, too limited on choice with regard to the menu or just run by people who seem to have the right philosophy, but lack imagination and skill with their cooking. My favourite restaurant at the moment is actually a omni one in Melb (yes, I'm a traitor!
) where the food available for me to eat is limited, but it's good quality and of a reasonable standard that I expect if I go out to eat.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

My favourite's are Vego2go and Zenhouse. I'm a bit bored with vego/vegan cafe's and restaurants in Australia just lately though. They're either too hippy-orientated, too small, too weird smelling, too limited on choice with regard to the menu or just run by people who seem to have the right philosophy, but lack imagination and skill with their cooking. My favourite restaurant at the moment is actually a omni one in Melb (yes, I'm a traitor!
) where the food available for me to eat is limited, but it's good quality and of a reasonable standard that I expect if I go out to eat.
So what is the name of your secret restaurant?

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post

Hey Pixelle, where are those restaurants?
Vego2go is in Brunswick East in Melb and Zenhouse is in ADL. Just to clarify something, they're more cafe's than restaurants really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofusion View Post

So what is the name of your secret restaurant?
It's not a secret
but I'm not going to go out of my way to promote an omni restaurant on VB. I can tell you that it's Italian, and it's on the Yarra waterfront at Southgate.LOL

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Vego2go is in Brunswick East in Melb and Zenhouse is in ADL. Just to clarify something, they're more cafe's than restaurants really.

It's not a secret
but I'm not going to go out of my way to promote an omni restaurant on VB. I can tell you that it's Italian, and it's on the Yarra waterfront at Southgate.LOL
It's good to know these things... I don't know a single vegan or vegetarian so when I go out to eat I have to consider my friends' tastes more than my own.

#16 ·
Aw how I miss green gourmet!! I haven't been there for years even though I'm in sydney LOL. My other fav veg place Peace harmony is also in Newtown. Once again haven't dined there for a long time.

The other places which I go to sometimes and which are closer to me are An Lac Vegan, Colour of love and Vegetarian House. All vegan.

#17 ·
Sydney - Green Gourmet

Melbourne - Vegie Bar. Maybe this is because I haven't tried many of their restaurants? But whenever I go there (4 times so far) the food is always good, the staff helpful and courteous, and it's pretty much packed on busy nights. Love it! Ahhh I want a risotto ball! And a pizza!

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post

trippy taco in melbourne is good, lord of the fries, vego2go. there used to be more that i liked [soulmama] but the standard of the food with some of them has taken a dive in recent years. i reckon these things go in cycles a bit & i guess itll pick up again.
I'd have to disagree with you on lord of the fries, I tried one of their vegan burgers and I only got a bite into it before throwing it away. Pretty vile. I don't know why they have such a good rep.

Veg2go has good food, though unfortunately the place has a vibe about as nice as going to Maccas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.