Australia Sanitarium - Vegie Delights - Seven Day Adventist Church - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-20-2009, 02:28 AM

Just wondering... Does the fact that all profits from Sanitarium go to the Seven Day Adventist Church weigh into your decision to buy or not to by their products, for instance, the Vegie Delight range?

Tramping the Te Araroa Track in November 2010 || teararoaonveg.wordpress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't buy much of the veggie delight range now as some of it's not vegan, but when I was veggie it didn't bother me. Even though I dislike religion and think it's nuts that they spend millions building churches with the profits, when I first went veggie, their products were all that was available, so if it wasn't for them I would've had what I consider to be a fairly boring diet. So I don't like to knock them really.

m8itcanw8.com
#3 Old 01-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Sanitarium really does help with my vegetarianism with their range of veggie food. I quite like their Veggie Delight range and I usually buy their soymilk. It does not bother me if the profits go to the church.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 AM

I don't know anything about their profits going to the church. But i love their veggie delight range, a lot of choice and it's tasty. The only other brand available to me is Frys and Fry's just doesnt cut it for me.
#5 Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Does it bother you that Gloria Jean's Coffee is owned by a right wing Christian Church (among them are Hillsong and Lighthouse in NSW)?

Sanitarium advocate a veggie lifestyle which is ok by me. Hillsong etc advocate a white Australia where the, gay, poor and non-christian are excluded.
#6 Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_flower View Post

The only brand available to me is Frys and Fry's just doesnt cut it for me.

Same here, I have tried a couple of Fry's stuff and did not like them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile77 View Post

Does it bother you that Gloria Jean's Coffee is owned by a right wing Christian Church (among them are Hillsong and Lighthouse in NSW)?

Sanitarium advocate a veggie lifestyle which is ok by me. Hillsong etc advocate a white Australia where the, gay, poor and non-christian are excluded.

hmmm...thats a bit of a worry
#7 Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 PM

i dont have a problem with the profits going where they go, especially as i dont buy much sanitarium stuff [he he]. most of it isnt vegan friendly.

Quote:
Same here, I have tried a couple of Fry's stuff and did not like them at all.

im the opposite. i prefer frys to sanitarium. i reckon the burgers are wickid. tho, i guess they could be a bit too meaty like for some ppl i guess.
#8 Old 01-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Well the stuff I've tried from Fry's are the frozen Sausages & Veggie Sausage Rolls.

What would you recommend from Fry's?
#9 Old 01-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Veggie Regular

While I can't eat Frys or Sanitarium burgers (damn gluten) my husband eats Tival schnitzels and loves them. He used to eat Fry's but apparently Tival's are a lot tastier. We found them in Coles. They have burgers, sausages, frankfurts etc too.
#10 Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Beginner

Bluebeen, the Fry's sausage products aren't that great, there really really amazing product is the schnitzels and the nuggets. They are incredibly addictive, however they are also quite realistic and I've noticed that does turn some veggies off, which is totally understandable. However my father who's an omni is yet to tell the difference between the Fry's schnitzels and the real ones my mother occasionally gets him.

I've no problem with Sanitarium, considering they were one of the first aussie companies to make prodycts specifically for veggies they have a thumbs up in my book. Plus SDA's generally aren't an overly pushy in your face religion. I have a lot more problems with the link between Gloria Jeans and the incredibly evangelical Christians. And yes I am a Christian myself, I just don't get why people need to shove the religion onto someone else, everyone deserves the chance to make their own choice, not be forced into a religion through fear.
#11 Old 01-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon277 View Post

Bluebeen, the Fry's sausage products aren't that great, there really really amazing product is the schnitzels and the nuggets. They are incredibly addictive, however they are also quite realistic and I've noticed that does turn some veggies off, which is totally understandable. However my father who's an omni is yet to tell the difference between the Fry's schnitzels and the real ones my mother occasionally gets him

I'm not too keen on imitation meat but will give the schnitzels and the nuggets ago, hopefully my local Franklins store has them (they only have a selection of Fry's products)
#12 Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile77 View Post

While I can't eat Frys or Sanitarium burgers (damn gluten) my husband eats Tival schnitzels and loves them. He used to eat Fry's but apparently Tival's are a lot tastier. We found them in Coles. They have burgers, sausages, frankfurts etc too.

i cant get those where i live but i googled them & they seem to have a great range. it looks like i will be stuffing the eski full of tivall products to bring back home on my next interstate trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeen View Post

Well the stuff I've tried from Fry's are the frozen Sausages & Veggie Sausage Rolls.

What would you recommend from Fry's?

i like the sausages & the schnitzels. ive heard their cottage pie is good but ive never tried it cuz i always make my own
#13 Old 01-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon277 View Post

Bluebeen, the Fry's sausage products aren't that great,

No way! They're heaven in a piece of bread.

m8itcanw8.com
#14 Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm thankful to Sanitarium, if their products were off the shelf there would be much left.
#15 Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

No way! They're heaven in a piece of bread.

sausage sizzle anyone ?!!
#16 Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeh! We could all set one up outside Bunnings for those people who are into home improvements of the alternative kind.

m8itcanw8.com
#17 Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 AM

Attachment 18964

get involved pixsta !!
LL
#18 Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Careful that if you set up a veggie sausage sizzle outside Bunnings you make sure there is a HUGE sign that warns any unsuspecting customers you are taking advantage of that they are vegetarian sausages. God forbid that people might accidentally eat one and enjoy it......and not kill an animal in the process.
#19 Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Bluebeen , two types of Fry sausages , one is like eating a sponge , the other has herbs and spices and very nice .

Just scroll down and you will see them .

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...s-%28Photos%29

I have no problem buying from sanitarium , not that i buy much from them anyway .
#20 Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 AM

I like the Sanitarium Veggie Delights range, saves a **** load of skin off my back when the family have a barbie!
#21 Old 01-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulse View Post

I like the Sanitarium Veggie Delights range, saves a **** load of skin off my back when the family have a barbie!

I'm interested in how you cook them on the barbie, I only eat them crumbed.
#22 Old 06-11-2016, 12:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Does anybody know if the 'soy protein' in all their tasty fillets etc. is soy protein isolate or just...a friendlier protein?
I just tried these for the first time ever and they're pretty tasty... Mmmm salty 'chicken'....
#23 Old 06-11-2016, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
/ are they alcohol extracted or?

I assume nobody knows this but I always find it weird when frankenfoods just list 'soy and wheat protein' as ingredients because that could be anything...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page