Best Vegetarian Restaurants in DC? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM

What is the best place to eat in Washington DC for vegetarians? It doesnt have to be vegan since Im fine with dairy and eggs. Do you have any favorites from the vegetarian options off this Washington DC restaurant list?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM

Please note that, as a general rule, newbies are not allowed to post links to other sites. Cross-posting links = also not cool.

That said, you might have a go with this list instead: http://www.vegdc.com/restaurants.php.

Some of my favorites from my time in DC:

Busboys and Poets: not all vegetarian, but vegan options each day and all sort of live entertainment.
Java Green: sandwiches, soups, pasta, etc...very yummy (though I'm not a fan of the baked goods)
Nirvana: yummy Indian fare
Soul Veg/Everlasting life: good prices, good food, good company (you have to have the carrot salad!)
The Black Cat: club/music joint with lot of vegan options
there's this really yum place in Eastern Market too, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name. My sis lives there though, so I can ask her.

Also, you absolutely must include a visit to Sticky Fingers Bakery. It's all vegan and to die for.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#3 Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Yes, I’ve heard from a couple of people about Sticky Fingers bakery. Thanks for the extra encouragement! And YUUM, Nirvana looks good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 AM

Not far outside DC proper is Sunflower Cafe in the Seven Corners area of Virginia. They have a wide-range of interesting dishes that even had my omnivore father not missing the meat. I always walk away very full - their serving sizes are HUGE.

I can also recommend Hard Times Cafe - there are several locations around town. In this cold weather we've been having, their vegan chili hits the spot perfectly.
#5 Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM

I'm planning to try Sunflower sometime soon.

A little farther out in Centreville is Lotus Vegetarian.

http://www.lotusvegetarian.com/
#6 Old 09-17-2013, 01:23 PM

I suggest Galaxy Hut in Arlington; it's along Wilson Blvd. in the Clarendon neighborhood.  A very vegan friendly menu, good beer choices, and a nice hipster-ish dive bar vibe (Well, the best you can do in Clarendon).

Another great place is Sunrise Caribbean in Union Station; if you work nearby or take the red line anywhere it is worth the stop.  They've amazing greens, at least 3 types of vegan meats every day, and the best vegan mac in the city.  Sensible prices as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page