Wisconsin - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2003, 09:05 PM

Any other dairyland vegs here? Please don't let me be the only one!
#3 Old 05-12-2003, 09:20 PM

Whenever I think Wisconsin I think Milwaukee...then that get's me to thinking about Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm...I can hear the theme song now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-12-2003, 09:21 PM

Oh, yes. I used to love that show.
#5 Old 05-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello Wisconsin!!

Flower, I'm from WI. Milwaukee
#6 Old 05-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

MsRuthieB wrote:

Quote:
Whenever I think Wisconsin I think Milwaukee...then that get's me to thinking about Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm...I can hear the theme song now

That's so wierd! I was downtown today and while sitting at a stoplight I was looking at city hall (it was a building they showed in the beginning of the show) (Laverne and Shirley that is) and I was thinking to myself...so many people think of Laverne and Shirley when they think of Milwaukee...still....hehehehe
#7 Old 05-13-2003, 05:29 PM

Hi Slynny! I live in Sheboygan, so I'm not too far away from you. I used to drive to the Outpost once a week to get some of my groceries, but am able to find most of that around here now. Piggly Wiggly is really starting to take off with organics and natural foods along with the other stores.

Have you ever visited Vegan Essentials? I'd like to the next time I'm in Milwaukee, but have no clue when that'll be.

Well, hopefully other Wisconsinites show up on this thread. It's nice to know that there is at least one veggie close to me, though!
#8 Old 05-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey Flower,

I know for sure there is at least one other Wisconsinite on the site...Handsdown, and My Own Path is moving up here if that counts

Anyway, I live pretty close to you because I live north of Milwaukee...I'd say almost right between Milw. and Sheboygan. We go up to Kohler/Andre (sp)? a couple few times every summer it's about a 20/30 min drive.

I go to the Outpost a couple times a month but I agree the groceries are getting much larger selections of organics and natural foods. I shop at Pick n Save and they recently put in a whole organic and natural food section...they also carry several different brands of veggie things and are really good about getting things in that I request if they can. In the summer I get organic veggies from a farm in Belgium.

I didn't know there was a vegan essentials in Milwaukee...do you know where it is I'll have to check it out.
#9 Old 05-14-2003, 05:38 PM

We just went hiking at Kohler-Andrae Park today! I love it there. It's less than five miles from our house, and the north beach & trails are great. It's the only part of the park that allows dogs, but it's the best part, so that's okay.

I e-mailed vegan essentials one time to ask if they're ever going to open a store. They said that they might in the future, but if I ever wanted to shop there to just let them know and they'd arrange something with me. Very nice!

Anyway, their address is 7722 W. Menomonee River Pkwy. in

Wauwatosa. Let me know if you ever go!
#10 Old 05-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

That's such a beautful park and beach, we love it....it's like being at the ocean...ecxept the water isn't nasty salt water but it's really cold...most of the time anyway I'l post some pics of it soon.

Flower, now that I know where it is (vegan essentials) I'll go for sure, I'm in the city every day but all over so I'll wait for a day when I'm in the Wauwatosa area and I'll check it out....let you know what they got goin on. Sounds like it might be near my favorite Indian grocery.
#11 Old 05-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

You can shop at Vegan Essentials in Milwaukee?

Maybe I'll have to drag the bf there when I'm up for Summerfest!
#12 Old 05-15-2003, 08:41 PM

Yup, that's where they are located. Here's a FAQ from their website to help out anyone that wants to visit them:

Do you have a retail store or are you strictly an online mail-order business?

At this time we do not have a location, but we are seeking a new Milwaukee location for a larger warehouse and retail outlet due to high demand from our customers (as well as our ever-decreasing space in our current location!) When we have a retail location, (or at the least, a new warehouse) we will be sure to post information on our site. At this time, if you are in our area and wish to shop in our warehouse you can call us at (414) 607-1953 or email us to make an appointment - we are very open to visitors and love to have people stop in when they are able! Our hours that we are around do vary but we can open the warehouse anywhere from 10 AM to 8 PM, so call us to discuss a visit!
#13 Old 05-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Banned

Word up from Riverwest in Milwaukee!
#14 Old 05-17-2003, 09:42 AM

Hi bennotbombs!
#15 Old 05-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey Bennotbombs,

What's happenin Riverwest side?
#16 Old 05-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I'm moving to Milwaukee in August! I'm looking for work up there right now, and will be in the area in late june-early july.

Does anyone know of openings of any sort? Email me if you can help out and I'll tell you my skills and such.

------Trav-------
#17 Old 05-19-2003, 05:24 PM

Yay! We can always use one more veghead in Wisconsin. There are usually pretty good job openings where I work, but that would mean at least a 45 minute commute for you. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the details.
#18 Old 05-21-2003, 11:47 AM

aww, i'm so excited there's others with me here in wi! i live in bayview, by the lake. when it's warm out, i pretend the lake is clean and sit at the beach (or something sandy and trashy called a beach)
#19 Old 05-21-2003, 06:14 PM

Hi gali!! It's exciting to know that there are others close by.
#20 Old 05-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey gali,

I used to live in Bayview! I loved living there. I know what you mean about the lake though Still it was nice to be able to walk down to the lake and the park by Bayview beach.
#21 Old 05-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, you're right about VeganEssentials expanding to Wisconsin...I just applied, but they said they won't be looking for help till after summer. They said come take a tour anytime you like though.

---Trav------
#22 Old 05-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Here's a pic I took of downtown from Bayview

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fc173208.jpg
#23 Old 05-25-2003, 10:09 PM

Nice pic, Slynny! I'll add my picture of Lake Michigan that was taken in Sheboygan:

https://www.veggieboards.com/pics/sho....php?photo=366
#24 Old 05-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow! Flower, thats awesome!
#25 Old 05-27-2003, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Hooray for Wisconsin! I'll be there in exactly 1 month!!
#26 Old 05-27-2003, 06:29 PM

Are you moving here or just visiting? What part will you be in??
#27 Old 05-29-2003, 09:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I will be in Milwaukee for Summerfest.

Slynny and I are planning on getting together for lunch one day while I'm there--it'd be really cool if others in the area could meet us, too. Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm going to be there the weekend of June 27th.
#28 Old 05-30-2003, 06:21 PM

i love indain food, i'd love to meet up with u guys!

there's beans n barley too, lots of good vegan stuff.
#29 Old 05-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Indian too, what's your favorite place gali? I also thought Beans and Barley would be nice...haven't been there in a while. Muppet there is also an African place...I've never been but I hear it's good, I read in a recent post you liked African food and it reminded me of the place. I don't know if they have anything vegan but I could check
#30 Old 05-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by slynny

Hey Bennotbombs,

What's happenin Riverwest side?

Not much, at least for my poor ass. A place at 924 East Center is holding all-ages shows, which is a real cool thing. Fuel Cafe still has some nice (and pricey) food. I would like to go to Wesbank Bank Cafe, a Vietnamese restraunt in the neighborhood I hear is good. It is warmer up, so more drug dealers are hitting the streets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page