Wisconsin - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 06-20-2003, 10:14 AM

I'm not sure if I'll be coming, but directions would be very helpful here, too. I'll be coming south on I-43. Can anyone help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 06-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Banned

I just went to Bombay Sweets on the 3400th block of South 13th Street. It is an all vegetarian Indian restraunt with everything under five dollars! Go there.

Edited to remove inappropriate content. Please remember that personal insults are not permitted in these forums. If you have any questions, please PM me or any other Moderator.
#63 Old 06-20-2003, 12:09 PM

Hey, why call her stupid? That's rude ya' know! Sheesh, get a clue already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 06-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

geez, that didn't look serious to me. looks like a joke. how sensitive have we become here?
#65 Old 06-20-2003, 01:33 PM

Didn't look like a joke to me (no smilies or lol or anything). Have you caught any of the other posts in other threads? If you have, you would probably summize, as we had, that the comment at the end of the post wasn't meant as a joke. If it was, it was poorly communicated.

Yeah, I'm sensitive to people being called stupid.
#66 Old 06-20-2003, 03:24 PM

Ya, I wasn't sure how to take that, but I'm not too fond of being called stupid whether it's a joke or not. Even my husband wouldn't say that to me jokingly. From what I've seen of Bennetbomb's other posts, I assume it wasn't a joke.
#67 Old 06-22-2003, 11:45 PM

take 43 to downtown, then take 794 towards the Port of Milwaukee. take the port of milwaukee exit. turn left at the stop sign, get in the right lane and go Right thru a yeild sign ,around a right curve. at the lights is the intersection where palomino is. it's right in front of you on the right hand corner of superior and russel. it's pretty easy to understand, if that didn't make sense, lemme know
#68 Old 06-22-2003, 11:53 PM

okay, tell me if this is rude. i am buddhist and believe that every living thing should be respected and not killed, even bugs. this boy i'm dating totally know's this, i've talked to him about all that. today we were walking through the woods and i had a wierd bug on my arm. i was trying to blow it off and he came over and smashed it, rubbing it down my arm as he went. i got upset, and he told me i was being stupid. Why can't people respect others ideas. and not blatently shove things in their face that u know they don't like?? ARGH!! i'm so sick of being the wierd one because i don't take advantage of animals that we have power over for my own pleasure! i don't understand how rice and tofu are wierd and gross, but charred animal is 'normal'

am i the crazy one??
#69 Old 06-23-2003, 01:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by gali

i'm so sick of being the wierd one because i don't take advantage of animals that we have power over for my own pleasure! i don't understand how rice and tofu are wierd and gross, but charred animal is 'normal'

am i the crazy one??

I know exactly what you mean!!! Everyone else seems to have this "sense" and "logic" to just murder an innocent little insect when it is just as easy to remove it to another location. But no, people have to feel like they're better, stronger and bigger than it, and that they have some greater right to live and live comfortably. It's disgusting.

At school I was the "weird" one just for liking spinach and mushrooms on my pizza!!!! The boys all dared each other to try the hideous, "gross" pizza as if it was this new dangerous adventure that was too much to bear....... just because it had vegetables on it!!! Is that not sad and scary?? Spinach and mushrooms are much more normal and natural than little artificially colored and shaped little circles of animal flesh placed on the pizza instead.
#70 Old 06-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Veggie Regular

But anyway, I'm afraid I no longer will be able to make the Palomino's luncheon because the opportunity came to go up north to the family cabin with a friend for the weekend..... if you guys plan another luncheon day in Milwaukee before August 25th.. please let me know! I will check out the restaurant someday cause it sounds so interesting! yum!

b4s
#71 Old 06-23-2003, 09:29 AM

Thank-you! See? it's unbelievable the logic that people present u with to explain their ideas about what they percieve to be 'normal' is cannabalism normal too? and just 'cause it's a little bug and easy to kill, they don't matter? it's easier to squish them or step on them then move them or let them be.

It's sad that u can't make it. I'll definitely go again, i'm always there. Hopefully i will meet you soon
#72 Old 06-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Banned

It is a good thing I am choosing not to go out to eat with you. I would really offened you hyper-sensitive people. You people really need to stop taking life so seriously. I am not at all sorry for offending you. In fact, I think it is funny.

PS Smileys are ****** dumb.
#73 Old 06-23-2003, 02:19 PM

Somehow I get the feeling that they wouldn't think to invite you anyhow...

Edited to add:
#74 Old 06-23-2003, 04:08 PM

i respect their beliefs, i don't believe in them personally, but i do respect what other people believe. so, why can't people respect mine? i'm not hyper-sensitive, i just spent the whole weekend in green bay being told to "go eat the grass outside" and "what's wrong with u" "we don't have any of that crazy stuff, but there's bark on the trees in the backyard"

i can take it here and there, but every 5 minutes, it gets annoying
#75 Old 06-23-2003, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the directions, gali. I don't think I'll be going to this one, though. I don't like the fact that *somebody* who doesn't seem like too much of a stable person will know that we're there. If we do this in the future, we'll have to PM everything to make it a bit safer.

I definitely don't think you're being too sensitive, gali. People should respect your beliefs and I would certainly get upset if someone killed & smeared a bug that was on me.
#76 Old 06-23-2003, 04:42 PM

u're awesome flower

i really wish i could meet you, sometime soon hopefully
#77 Old 06-23-2003, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gali

u're awesome flower

i really wish i could meet you, sometime soon hopefully

Awwwwwww, thanks! You seem pretty awesome yourself!!
#78 Old 06-23-2003, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Flower

I don't think I'll be going to this one, though. I don't like the fact that *somebody* who doesn't seem like too much of a stable person will know that we're there. If we do this in the future, we'll have to PM everything to make it a bit safer.

Smart choice. I agree with you as I wouldn't go either.

Actually, PM'ing each other would be a safer idea anyhow. Any crazy emotionally disturbed person could be surfing these boards as guests and we don't even know it. Someone with an axe to grind against veg*ns in general may show up and be a big arse just for the sake of being a big arsehole.
#79 Old 06-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree...lunch is cancelled
#80 Old 07-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

so nobody went at all??
#81 Old 07-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

nope some other time perhaps
#82 Old 08-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi. I'm in Wisconsin too (Shorewood).

Do you all know Neal Barnard is coming to town?
#83 Old 08-01-2003, 03:52 PM

Cool! Another vegan nearby!! That's really cool that he's coming to Milwaukee. Maybe I'll take a ride down that night. I'd really like to see him. I was actually just in Milwaukee today shopping at the Outpost!

Are you a member of MARV? I've always considered going to one of the potlucks but never got around to it.
#84 Old 08-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not a MARV member, but I maintain their website (contents isn't mine, I just put it on the site).

We do go to their potlucks now and then. And we always go to the thanksgiving dinner. Do you go there?

I hope we can meet up! Maybe at the next potluck?

Just ware a flower in your hair so I recognize you.
#85 Old 08-01-2003, 07:05 PM

I've never been to one, but I'll definitely let you know if I do!
#86 Old 08-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, I just happened across MARV on the net a few days ago...the pot luck sounds like fun.

Hi wanda!

Flower! I almost went down to th OP today but I decided to wait till Mon.
#87 Old 08-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Slynny!

Funny. We probably run into each other all the time.

I do my groceries at the outpost too.
#88 Old 08-02-2003, 07:04 AM

Well, now we'll have to organize a meeting at one of the potlucks in the future!

BTW, did you guys know that the Outpost is remodeling? At first, I thought that they closed down because of how the outside looked! It's pretty nice inside now, but unfortunately they expanded their meat section.

I noticed that they do specialty cakes in the bakery now. So, for anyone having a special event, check with them if you need a fancy vegan cake! Mmmmm, cake.
#89 Old 08-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

They expanded their meat section and also added a new sea food section. And they no longer carry the vegan donuts they had for a while.
#90 Old 08-02-2003, 11:20 AM

That's right, I didn't see the donuts not that I think of it. I wish they would expand their vegan baked goods, if anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page