Wisconsin - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 05-31-2003, 02:38 PM
Banned

oh, Beans and Barley sucks something awful. There food costs too much, and is boring like golf on television. If you want some good vegetarian food hit up some Thai restraunt. E-E Sane has nearly every item vegetarian, and it is cheaper than the meet version.

I am going to get some beer, so I can drink a couple before I go to work. Bye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-31-2003, 08:20 PM

ee sane is okay. pretty greasy though. i love royal india or maharaja's. the african hut would be good, i've heard it's good, but i don't know if its vegan, i heard it's praises from non veggies.amd yes beans is expensive, and trendy, but i think there food is good.. so just don't pay attentions to the "cool " yuppie people there. i'm up for whatever u guys decide, its all good food.
#33 Old 06-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello Everybody!!

I am a Wisconsinite- born and raised, been here all my life. Right now I live in the Waukesha area with my parents, but I'll soon be moving to Locust St. for the summer with my sister and her husband. It's so cool to know that some of you are so close here! I thought I was the only one... I can't stand living in such a meat eating state as it is.

I like Beans and Barely okay, it's worth a go. Also.... go to Sharharazad Indian restaurant!!! I was there just last night... it's soooooo goood.. I don't know what's vegan, but there are like 12 vegetarian specialities that had my mouth watering. I went with the Spinach Pie and Lentil Soup. Yum! I can't wait to try all that Milwaukee has to offer! Have you been to Outpost Natural Foods in Wauwatosa? That grocery store is great too- I wish I lived right next to it.

If any of you meet up this summer- please let me know! I'll come a'runnin'.

later

brake 4 squirrels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-02-2003, 12:32 PM

hey, i can't beleive i forgot. there's this great new place right on my block that serves awesome vegan food. they even have a seperate grill and fryer for the vegan stuff. it's awesome. yesterday i had chicken fried tofu sandwich, yummm! it's called polomino, has anyone esle been there?

and..Hi breaks4squirrles!
#35 Old 06-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I have never been to Milwaukee, so I'll let all you locals decide. I try to eat vegan as much as possible when out and about, but I won't freak out if some butter or somethng sneaks onto my plate, so don't worry that the place you pick isn't vegan enough.

So far, the plan is to meet for lunch around 1pm or so on Saturday June 28, so if you're anywhere in the area, I expect you to show!!!

There's a lot more Wisconsinites than I had originally thought--do you think we need to get a firm headcount and make reservations? Again, I guess I'll leave that to one of the locals since you know better than me.
#36 Old 06-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gali

hey, i can't beleive i forgot. there's this great new place right on my block that serves awesome vegan food. they even have a seperate grill and fryer for the vegan stuff. it's awesome. yesterday i had chicken fried tofu sandwich, yummm! it's called polomino, has anyone esle been there?

and..Hi breaks4squirrles!

I was actually thinking about going there yesterday, but I look into which bus to take. I ended up getting some Spicy Bao Vegetable from China Gourmet downtown. The service was great, and our server didn't charge extra for adding tofu.

Oh, Palomino's is owned by the scumbags that started Fuel and Comet, so it should be good.
#37 Old 06-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

So far, the plan is to meet for lunch around 1pm or so on Saturday June 28, so if you're anywhere in the area, I expect you to show!!!

Wait,.... where are we meeting? How will we all know each other?

b4s
#38 Old 06-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey B4S Wow so many Wisconsonites Excellent!!

Well guys how this for a plan...when we decide on a place I'll call and make reservations, then when you get there you can just say your with the VB group...that should make it easy...hopefully. I'll PM everyone with the final info...sound good? PM me if you have any specific questions

Muppet, you are our guest here in WI do you have any favorites or dislikes...or are you to easy to please? If there is a certain type of food, or some preference you might have I'd like to make that our main consideration when choosing a place
#39 Old 06-03-2003, 03:47 AM

PALAMINO! PALAMINO!

seriously the most "fun " vegan food ever! and good atmosphere

i vote for polomino!!!!

(by the lake in bayview next to cactus club)
#40 Old 06-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Palomino sounds fun. Fried tofu sandwich? Yummy!

I'm fairly easy to please--love Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, African, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Mexican--pretty much anything except meat.
#41 Old 06-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I vote for Indian places... Maharaja or Shaharazad... I've never heard of Palomino before... but I'll give it a shot.

Vee-Bers Unite!!!!
#42 Old 06-03-2003, 08:12 PM

good choice

your tummy will be pleased!
#43 Old 06-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Looks like Palomino's is the winner. Saturday June 28 at 1pm. Be there or be square!
#44 Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Banned

I guess I'll be square.
#45 Old 06-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by bennotbombs

I guess I'll be square.

#46 Old 06-06-2003, 11:56 AM

if being square feels good, go with it

no need for the sarcasm
#47 Old 06-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

if being square feels good, go with it

no need for the sarcasm

Did you think I was being sarcastic? I wasn't--I was expressing sadness that bennotbombs won't be meeting up with all of us (unless that's not what his post was implying...). **confused**
#48 Old 06-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Banned

I am occupied on Saturdays, serving food for Food Not Bombs, and that is one reason I won't be attending. The other reason is that I am not much of a people person. I would probably have little to no fun with you all. No offense, it's just me, and has nothing to do with you guys.

But, hey, I would love to hear a review of how the food and service. Print it here, and have fun.
#49 Old 06-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

How awesome that you do that! Food Not Bombs is a great organization!
#50 Old 06-06-2003, 08:52 PM

Wow! I leave the state for a while and look what happens on the Wisconsin thread! So far, I don't have any plans for the 28th, so maybe I'll try to take a ride to Milwaukee to have lunch with you guys. That would be fun!
#51 Old 06-06-2003, 11:10 PM

oops i guess it came across the wrong way, i was teasing bettonbombs for being square. sorry sorry, i didn't mean anything mean!
#52 Old 06-06-2003, 11:12 PM

sorry sorry sorry,

i meant it all in jest! i feel really bad now!

i can't wait to meet all of u, i'm super excited!
#53 Old 06-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Banned

I did not go to Food Not Bombs today. I feel great. The church we serve in has been pissing me off. I still have to go there to get my jacket I left there last week. I am writing without clear direction. Have fun.
#54 Old 06-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

sorry sorry sorry,

i meant it all in jest! i feel really bad now!

i can't wait to meet all of u, i'm super excited!

Don't feel bad! Misunderstandings are part and parcel of the online world--I just wanted to be sure that nobody thought I was being mean! LOL

Can't wait to meet all you groovy folks, too!
#55 Old 06-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

ack! im sorry, but can someone please give me the address of the place again? then i can find it on mapquest or something. will we have a special VB table to ask for once we get there?

b4s
#56 Old 06-16-2003, 03:47 PM

i work until 2pm, can we push it back to 2:30 so i can come too??

please please pleasee???
#57 Old 06-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

2:30 is fine with me if it's fine with everyone else

b4s
#58 Old 06-16-2003, 06:17 PM

yay! 'cause i really would like to meet you guys! polomino is on the corner of russel and superior. right by club girabaldi, cactus club, and at random. in bayview. i don't know the exact address, but i can investigate if need be.
#59 Old 06-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Banned

ha haha ha.... the internet!
#60 Old 06-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

2:30 is fine with me. I'm going to concerts Friday night and Sunday night, but have nothing planned for Saturday, so I really couldn't care less when we meet as long as we DO meet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page