Veggie-Friendly places in Seattle? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to Seattle with my mom Nov 1-3, and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendation? I am vegetarian, my mom is not, so any place with both would be good.

As far as I know,we're staying on the waterfront, but other than that I don't really know anything else.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Well you've got several choices. This is the listing for the restaurants in Seattle that are veg*n friendly: http://www.happycow.net/disp_results...gton&x=24&y=18. I'd personally recommend Pizza Pi in the U district or Thrive if you'd like to try out some raw dishes.
#3 Old 10-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Beginner

I think you'll find that most restaurants in Seattle have vegetarian options.

The Cherry Street Coffee House is a cafe that has veg*n and omni sandwiches and what not, that is near the waterfront. If you go to Pike Place Market, you'll find plenty of stuff like Piroshky Piroskhy that have vegetarian options.

And there are many exclusively vegetarian & vegan restaurants if your mom is feeling adventurous, but most of them aren't downtown or near the waterfront.

But overall, restaurants without vegetarian options are the exception, and they're often obvious (ie, BBQ-type places).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank all! It's been a few years since I've been to Seattle, and I'm not quite sure where we're staying. All I really remember was an aquarium, trying to get my family interested in taking the ferry to BC, and something made me dizzy.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#5 Old 10-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

A lot of the restaruants will have vegetarian options in Seattle. Except downtown. That is the only place I've ever been where I couldn't find anything to eat. Well, wait, there might be some with vegetarian options, but as a vegan I was **** out of luck in downtown. I'm talking like around Pioneer Square along 1st. New Orleans does have vegetarian stuff, though and the atmosphere was really awesome. I love that place.

If you have a car I really suggest going up to the University District. on NE University Way there is Sidecar for Pigs Peace which is a 100% vegan store and the money from it goes to Pigs Peace Sanctuary. Right next to it is Pizza Pi, which is a vegan pizza place. Across the street about 300ft down to the left of Sidecar and Pizza Pi when you come out of their doors is Wayward Cafe and they do vegan breakfast and lunch. Reminds me of a diner, omelettes, scrambles, country fried chiggin, things like that and then burgers and sandwiches and baskets of chiggin strips and whatnot for lunches. Every weekend they also have a special burger or sandwich they come up with.

Chaco Canyon is another place, they are on 50th right by the stuff I just listed above. They do raw and more healthy-ish foods than Wayward or Pizza Pi from what i've gathered but I haven't been there yet.

Down by the Seattle Center is a Chinese restaurant called Bamboo Garden that is 100% vegetarian and they are actually vegan except for their fortune cookies, the fortune cookies contain egg.

There is also Quickies, Sage Cafe, Plum Bistro, Thrive, Highline vegan bar, Georgetown Liquor Company, Arayas, etc. I really like going to Highline for a drink and hanging out. Tuesday nights they do Cake-a-roo-kee or something like that. It's basically kareokee with cake too. Pretty cool.

If you use happycow.net like someone above linked it can give you all the options. Oh, at the Pike Place market, across the street at the top there is a bakery on the corner that sells vegetarian and vegan baked goods. I've never had any, but it always looks and smells good when I walk by.

Don't worry, you will not starve as a vegetarian in Seattle. Even as a vegan you would not starve, not even close! Seattle is a very vegetarian friendly city and it's becoming a very vegan friendly city too.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page