Washington Visiting Seattle - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

So I am taking a trip to Seattle in September... What/where are the MUST-EAT veggie restaurants? I will be staying near Key Arena.

Are there any hidden gems for tourists in that area? I will probably only have one day to wander around and see the sights. I'd especially like to see some of the music history (I'm a HUGE fan of the grunge era, totally stuck in the 90s... The reason I'll be in Seattle is to see Pearl Jam!)

Awesome! Looking forward to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 PM

Vegetarian Bistro in Chinatown on King Street it is hands down the best. You will not be disappointed.

Touristy things to do would definitely recommend the Underground tour of the city http://www.undergroundtour.com/

Experience Music Project is pretty cool place to visit. We have a ton of awesome museums.

http://www.empsfm.org/

Also check out our local bands they are awesome.
#3 Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiesaurusrex View Post

Vegetarian Bistro in Chinatown on King Street it is hands down the best. You will not be disappointed.

Touristy things to do would definitely recommend the Underground tour of the city http://www.undergroundtour.com/

Experience Music Project is pretty cool place to visit. We have a ton of awesome museums.

http://www.empsfm.org/

Also check out our local bands they are awesome.

Yay a response!!

We are going to check out Experience Music Project for sure. The underground tour looks neat Thanks for the restaurant suggestion, we will have to check it out!!

Thaaaaanksss!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

OH WOW! Seattle has a TON of vegetarian options, you can take your pick of all SORTS of stuff!!

My VERY FAVORITE vegan restaurants in Seattle are Teapot Vegetarian House (on Capitol Hill) and Bamboo Garden (which is right downtown not far from EMP and Seattle Center). (Both Asian with some mock meats and etc...)

Hillside Quickie is also all vegan, "Soul Food" sort of thing - has AWESOME AWESOME sandwiches and such, if you need lunch.

Squid & Ink and Wayward Cafe are WONDERFUL for breakfast if that's what you want. YUM YUM YUM!!!

OH!! And you TOTALLY need to check out "Mighty-O Doughnuts" ALL VEGAN DOUGHNUTS - how can you go wrong there?

Last but not least, if you need any "special" groceries, check out "SideCar Vegan Grocery"... way way fun!

(I didn't take the time to provide links to the above, they are all easy to Google for more info...)
#5 Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to take a Seattle trip!! I keep promising myself I'm gonna do it, but always run out of cash when the time comes...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#6 Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

I'd especially like to see some of the music history (I'm a HUGE fan of the grunge era, totally stuck in the 90s... The reason I'll be in Seattle is to see Pearl Jam!)

I have never been there but I have heard that Seattle is great for vegans/vegetarians. I hope you have a great holiday!
#7 Old 07-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been a bunch as that's where my Husband is from. You're going to have a great time! EMP is such a cool music museum and the area around it is great. Don't forget to check out some of the shopping districts. There are some good finds there as well as some really great music stores. You'll find lots to eat. Of course you can browse happy cow to see a decent list:

http://www.happycow.net/north_americ...ngton/seattle/

I loved this little spot:

http://www.cafeflora.com/

It's a beautiful restaurant. Have a blast!
#8 Old 07-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay! Thanks everyone! I'm so excited

In my original post I said I'd have one day, but we're actually going to be there for around 3 days. Awesome

WonderRandy... I know, I've been meaning to go forever, too. I live in BC so it's not even that far for me, but I've never taken the time to go! I'm glad something came up that gave me a good reason.
#9 Old 07-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Veggie Regular

For a nice dinner I strongly suggest Sutra.
#10 Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

For a nice dinner I strongly suggest Sutra.

That looks nice! Unfortunately we're in town Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and go home Wednesday morning. They are only open Wednesday to Saturday!
#11 Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

That looks nice! Unfortunately we're in town Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and go home Wednesday morning. They are only open Wednesday to Saturday!

Darn. Was easily the best meal I had in Seattle.
#12 Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Pike Place Market is always a good tourist site, the space needle would be a stop, if you have a car, a trip to Snoqualmie Falls would be nice.... Depending on when in Sept the Puyallup Fair will be happening which is always fun.... and if you are into historic planes the Flight Museum at Boeing is cool.

And a Ferry ride around the sound is kinda cool.
#13 Old 08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I want to take a Seattle trip!! I keep promising myself I'm gonna do it, but always run out of cash when the time comes...

Oh please!! I have a spare room, and lots of coffee. What else could you possibly need!?!?! Strange people show up on my doorstep all the time ... so you're always welcome!
#14 Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

OH WOW! Seattle has a TON of vegetarian options, you can take your pick of all SORTS of stuff!!

My VERY FAVORITE vegan restaurants in Seattle are Teapot Vegetarian House (on Capitol Hill) and Bamboo Garden (which is right downtown not far from EMP and Seattle Center).

I second the Teapot. I went to the Redmond location today. OH MY GOSH. It was amazing! My five companions were omni's, and all of them loved the basil nuggets, along with everything else we'd ordered to share. Even my meat loving uncle who usually loves to crack jokes about my "special" food. The "cheese"cake was amazing as well. I never even liked real cheesecake, but I absolutely loved this. I highly recommend it!
#15 Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Oh please!! I have a spare room, and lots of coffee. What else could you possibly need!?!?! Strange people show up on my doorstep all the time ... so you're always welcome!

what else do I need? airfare....

If and when I ever make it back to WA, I can assure you I'll be scratching at your door.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#16 Old 08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiesaurusrex View Post

Have you been there recently? It appears that Vegetarian Bistro is closed.

I was looking at all the suggestions listed in this thread and their proximity to our hotel. The reveiws on this place say its amazing - but closed down. I tried to call and got a "Not in Service" number. Dang.

Oh well, it looks like there are lots of things nearby. Bamboo Garden is only 10 minutes away, and many others are a 45 min walk or less. Thanks for all the suggestions!
#17 Old 09-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not sure what types of food you enjoy (besides vegetarian, anyway) there's a really good Indian restaurant that I recommend near Key Arena called Chutney's. (MMmmmmmm...Indian food.....)Ooops, sorry. You didn't see that. ;-) I hope you have a wonderful time in Seattle, and the concert is good.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#18 Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

On our first night in town we went to Teapot Vegetarian House. It was... alright. We ordered a Pad Thai and it was more like sweet'n'sour noodles. It wasn't very Pad-Thai-ish at all. The tofu dish we got was pretty good.

THEN - on Tuesday we went to "In the Bowl Vegetarian Noodle Bistro"...

OHmyGAWDyum!

There was an appetizer that looked SO GROSS, a lumpy runny pile of bown mush with greasy looking pita slices. Honestly, we commented to each other on how if it looks like that it must taste great. Oh, it did... it was effing FANTASTIC! Yum Yum Yum.

I don't know what it was because we technically didn't order it. We ordered deep fried tofu w/peanut sauce, but they were out so the waitress just suggested something else and we nodded without actually knowing what she said. haha

The Whole Foods was awesome, I went on a vegan shopping spree because there were so many options for things I can't get here. We checked out EMP/SFM, The Space Needle, The pub at Pike Market, Easy Street Records, uhh, hmm, and some other stuff. We pretty much got to know all the streets in downtown by driving around trying to find parking (and usually getting lost, haha).

It was fun. Seattle was cleaner than I expected it to be, and the people were very friendly. It was very pretty with all the trees and older buildings. Kinda like a bigger Victoria, BC
#19 Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm very glad to hear you had a wonderful time. I hope you can return again, soon.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page