Virginia - Page 8 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#211 Old 04-05-2006, 10:38 AM

Hi! I live in Ashburn, Virginia. There is a Chinese food style vegetarian restaurant called "Sunflower" near Tyson's Corner. Have you guys been to there already?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 04-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I wasn't much impressed with Sunflower. Some people like it. I just don't care for it.

You have an Indian Restaurant right in Ashburn Village that serves vegan!! I've been there. It was scrumptuous!! I pass by there on my way home from work sometimes. (depends which route I take). I could meet you there for dinner sometime if you wanted.
#213 Old 04-06-2006, 11:07 AM

I havent had the opportunity to try Sunflower yet but I would like to soon. There a couple in DC that I want to check out too. and I was just in Ashburn last night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#214 Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 AM
riu

Hi, I'm in Hanover VA. Just moved here last summer. Nice to meet everyone!
#215 Old 04-22-2006, 08:58 AM

I hear there is a lot of Veggie option restaurants near you in Richmond, though I haven't ventured there yet. Have you found any Eriu?
#216 Old 04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

OF Ale and History Beer Festival

I went to this last year. It was a lot of fun. The plantation has horses or something so be careful where you step...

Region: Shenandoah Valley

Locality: Frederick County

Belle Grove Plantation

336 Belle Grove Road

Middletown, VA 22645

One of Belle Groves most popular events! Stroll the grounds of Belle Grove Plantation and purchase fine food by area restaurants, dance to the music of excellent bands, and sample tastings of more than 35 specialty beers.

Date/Hours:

Saturday, May 13, 2006 (12:00 PM-6:00 PM)

Admission Fee $15 in advance $20 at the gate

Telephone:

Phone: (540) 869-2028

Fax: (540) 869-9638

Email:

[email protected]

www.bellegrove.org

Come one, come all.. Bring your own blanket or chairs and munchies.

ETA: I can't go this year... one of my good friends is graduating college that day. I promised her I'd go to her ceremony
#217 Old 04-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameeow View Post

Hi! I live in Ashburn, Virginia. There is a Chinese food style vegetarian restaurant called "Sunflower" near Tyson's Corner. Have you guys been to there already?

MMMM. Sunflower = my favorite restaurant ever. I live in Fairfax, and go there at least once a week. Yummy.
#218 Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 PM

The bf and I finally went to check out Sunflower. Pretty good but I'm getting tired of the vegetarian Chinese food that seems to be the main option around in restaurants...
#219 Old 05-04-2006, 01:25 PM

have you thought about there is a vegetarian fast food restaurant around our neighborhood?
#220 Old 05-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi everyone -

Starting next week I will be holding weekly demos at the Fairfax Wegman's. If you're interested in attending let me know! Thanks!

www.wegmanscruelty.com
#221 Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 PM

yo vienna... what's fresh in town? i've been away for a bit...
#222 Old 06-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

My DH got a job offer in Chantilly, VA, and we'll possibly be relocating if he decides to accept it. It's pretty much an offer of a life time for him, career-wise, although the salary offered is not only a paycut from what he currently makes, it's tremendously insufficient for the higher cost of living there.

(We live in an area where the cost of living is much less, and he makes significantly more.)

I hear that some parts of MD are cheaper, but apparently none of them are really within a decent commuting distance of Chantilly. Can anyone recommend good neighborhoods with decent prices? It'll be me, hubby, and two cats, so we don't need a huge space, just somewhere safe and clean.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#223 Old 06-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Ceryna, it is really expensive in Northern VA. My sister works in Chantilly. Her and her husband have two kids and when she got transferred up here from Hampton, VA, they had to sell their house and now they live in an apartment. I don't think buying is very feasible. You won't find even a townhouse for under $300k. If you are willing to live in an apartment or condo, you might have better luck.

Is he guaranteed any raises? Maybe after 6 months or a year he'll get an increase.

Apartment Guide
#224 Old 06-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Ankle Biter

Will he have to be in the office everyday? I've heard that the newest "hotspot" is Harrisonburg, believe it or not. For those people who can telecommute a couple of days each week and only show up in the office in NoVa one or two days, it's manageable. The cost of living in Northern Virginia is really astounding.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#225 Old 06-25-2006, 04:56 PM

Hello all,

New to the forum and new to being a vegetarian. I lived in Richmond for about 3 years, and actually haven't been vegetarian long enough to even try any of the places that are veggie friendly. Well except for Ellwood Thompson, which I visited for the first time today. Also looking forward to Veggie Fest next month. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the VA crowd.
#226 Old 06-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Ankle Biter

Hi Tycoles!

The Richmond Vegetarian Festival is wonderful - so much wonderful food! I'm planning be at the Richmond Animal League table handing out literature on our shelter.

Ellwood Thompson is good - however I spent today in Charlottesville and went to a Whole Foods for the first time, and boy, am I envious! I want one close by.

Are you near Carytown? There's lots of veggie options in that area.

Glad you said hello!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#227 Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Hi Tycoles!

The Richmond Vegetarian Festival is wonderful - so much wonderful food! I'm planning be at the Richmond Animal League table handing out literature on our shelter.

Ellwood Thompson is good - however I spent today in Charlottesville and went to a Whole Foods for the first time, and boy, am I envious! I want one close by.

Are you near Carytown? There's lots of veggie options in that area.

Glad you said hello!

Whole Foods is coming to Richmond in early 2008. Its supposed to be somewhere on Broad St. I have never been to a Whole Foods before, so I am looking forward to seeing it.

I went to Veggie Fest, and it was a lot of fun. I wish I had seen your post before. I would have stopped at your table to say hello. Looked like a great turn out. I haven't really eaten anywhere in Carytown, but I am going to the Water Melon festival this Sunday, and will probably have lunch down there then.
#228 Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Ankle Biter

Whole Foods is coming to Midlothian Turnpike, too - yeah! - but I dont' know when!

I'll be at the Watermelon festival, too, if it's not too hot. If you see a lady with two Chihuahuas (one mostly black, and one black and white!), say "hi" 'cause it will probably be me!

#229 Old 08-11-2006, 11:34 PM

Midlothian turnpike?!?! Even better for me! I live in Chesterfield. I can't wait.
#230 Old 08-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Veggie Regular

It didn't work out, but thanks for the tips.

I can't say I'm disappointed, I wasn't really keen on the idea of moving up there, although I'm sure it's a nice place.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#231 Old 08-13-2006, 02:47 AM

Hey. I'm new here and wanted to let ya'll know another Virginian had joined you. I'm from Virginia Beach. My name is Nicky.
#232 Old 08-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Ankle Biter

Hi Nicky!

#233 Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Ankle Biter

Hey Tycoles. I'm in Chesterfield too!

Whole Foods is supposed to be built next to Lowes behind Chesterfield Town Center. Have you joined the Richmond Vegetarian Society?

#234 Old 08-17-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Hey Tycoles. I'm in Chesterfield too!

Whole Foods is supposed to be built next to Lowes behind Chesterfield Town Center. Have you joined the Richmond Vegetarian Society?

Haven't joined them yet. I am planning to, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I will probably join this month though.
#235 Old 09-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Oct 21st VB event

Mountain Cove Vineyards ... an all vegan winery

is having a Blues festival and we are all attending!!! That means you too.

Come one come all. We will have a vegan pot-luck. Bring your own chairs or blankets. No animals unfortunately, but you can bring rug-rats for free.

http://www.mountaincovevineyards.com/visitus.html

http://www.mountaincovevineyards.com/wineryevents.html

1362 Fortunes Cove Lane, Lovingston, Virginia 22949

Near the Blue Ridge Mountains. 35 miles south of Charlottesville, 35 miles north of Lynchburg, VA.
#236 Old 11-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

It's nice to know there are other vegetarians in Virginia.

I live in Spotsylvania, I work in Fredericksburg, and I went to college near Roanoke, VA (Ferrum College). There's one or two health food stores in Spotsylvania, but one of the Food Lions cleaned up real nice and they have organic and health food products now. Also, Radhuni's Resturant has really, really good i=Indian food. I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Oh, my gosh. So good. It's kind of expensive right off the menu, but the restaurant also has a lunchtime buffet. Other than that, I love eating Mexican food and Chinese food.
#237 Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

It's nice to know there are other vegetarians in Virginia.

I live in Spotsylvania, I work in Fredericksburg, and I went to college near Roanoke, VA (Ferrum College). Also, my boyfriend lives in Chesterfield and we hang out in Richmond.

There's one or two health food stores in Spotsylvania, but one of the Food Lions cleaned up real nice and they have organic and health food products now. Also, Radhuni's Resturant has really, really good Indian food. I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Oh, my gosh. So good. It's kind of expensive right off the menu, but the restaurant also has a lunchtime buffet. Other than that, I love eating Mexican food and Chinese food.
#238 Old 12-06-2006, 09:46 AM

Hello everyone. I'm new here. My girlfriend and I (both vegan) live in Roanoke. We also started a vegan/vegetarian group in the area, and would love to have any of you be a part of it. More info can be found at groups.yahoo.com/group/swvavegans

Sorry, I can't post the direct URL until I have 15 posts, so you'll have to cut and paste.
#239 Old 02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Anybody know of any veg*n, or at least veg friendly, restaurants in Roanoke? I'm going to be visiting and was hoping for a nice meal. The only one I've been able to locate is Nawab Indian Cuisine. Has anyone been there?
#240 Old 02-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

In the February 21 issue of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, there is an article on local vegans and other tidbits of veganism.

Here's the link: http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1045855936380
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page