Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 4.0 - Page 89 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Closed Thread

#2641 Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

I keep thinking "Respect me, respect the egg" in a kind of Marlon Brando godfather voice

That mad me laugh, and how pertinent... I've watched Godfather I and II this week! I think that could become my new vegan catchphrase, when people say dumb things to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2642 Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM

I'm new, nothing funny to contribute but I just wanted to ask if anyone has seen http://www.biblelife.org/vegetarian-deficiencies.htm?

Quite possibly the most ridiculous, uneducated, most STUPID thing an omnivore has ever said! The passage about "Little Miss Vegan College Coed" made me so upset , because I am newly vegan and in my first year of college.

Ok these smilies are too much fun, back to page 52!
#2643 Old 02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmasjuan View Post

I'm new, nothing funny to contribute but I just wanted to ask if anyone has seen http://www.biblelife.org/vegetarian-deficiencies.htm?

Quite possibly the most ridiculous, uneducated, most STUPID thing an omnivore has ever said! The passage about "Little Miss Vegan College Coed" made me so upset , because I am newly vegan and in my first year of college.

The people who frequent that website likely aren't "thinkers" anyway...

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2644 Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

We had a debate about that site here on VB recently. I think we were split about 50-50 on those who thought it was for real and those who thought it was a parody site.

I just think it's TOO over the top stupid for anyone to possibly have written it and meant it all. Have you read the whole site? Cancer rates have gone up because scientists told people to stop smoking? High cholesterol is good for you? It's like Stephen Colbert wrote it!

--Fromper

#2645 Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

I actually don't find this to be a stupid comment, but I thought this was the right place to post it (it's a mix of stupid and nice things, this thread gets more people). I'm watching One Big Happy Family for the first time (about a family of four, all between 300-400 pounds, trying to change their lifestyles). The Mom is dedicated 100%, but the husband and 2 kids are hesitant. This is the conversation that took place:

*the Mom broils the chicken for the first time using a glass dish, glass melts, chicken gets tossed*

Mom: We're just going to have a veggie dinner, I'm sorry.

Dad: Good bye dinner *as he's throwing out the trash*

Mom: No, don't say good bye dinner, we still have broccoli.

Dad goes outside: *to camera* She took away the most important part of dinner... the meat. So I guess we're going to have to eat vegetarian food tonight. No meat.

Mom: Look at all these veggies. Y'all are going to get full off these veggies. I'm telling you, a lot of vegetarians in this world would love to have this meal.

Daughter/Son: I aint a vegetarian.

Mom: I know you're not, but it's okay!

Dad: I thought many a piece of chicken exploded and hit her in the head when she said that... It's no meat!

Mom: I'm glad this happened, do you see how healthy this is!? Look at this!!

I really like the Mom already.
#2646 Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Don't you know that all the healthiest foods are things that other animals vomit?

--Fromper

Although I don't eat honey as a vegan, I must say that as vomit goes, honey sure is delicious (not all kinds, though).
#2647 Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Today at school one of my friends came up to me and was like "You know there's no such things as vegetarians right? People try but they just die out. You can't survive without meat. There's no possible way in this world." I Think he was being serious ._.
#2648 Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancon123 View Post

Today at school one of my friends came up to me and was like "You know there's no such things as vegetarians right? People try but they just die out. You can't survive without meat. There's no possible way in this world." I Think he was being serious ._.

He's right that all vegetarians die out. So do all meat eaters. It takes an average of about 77 years to die for the meat eaters, and about 3-4 years longer than that for those of us who don't eat meat.

--Fromper

#2649 Old 02-18-2010, 03:18 PM

0.o Double post on my part.
#2650 Old 02-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

He's right that all vegetarians die out. So do all meat eaters. It takes an average of about 77 years to die for the meat eaters, and about 3-4 years longer than that for those of us who don't eat meat.

--Fromper

xD True, true.
#2651 Old 02-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienerose View Post

Part of a conversation between my Mom and I from last Friday.

Mom; Do you want some eggs?

Me: No thanks I'm allergic to eggs. (I've been telleing her this practically weekly for the past 15 years)

Mom; (While she is eateing her own homemade version of an egg mcmuffin.) I'm allergic to eggs, I didn't know you were.

Me; Yeah, why do you think I stopped eating them.

I chose not to mention the also being a veg*n for 27 years reason to her yet again.

Wait, let me get this straight.. She ate her own version of an egg mcmuffin (which I'm assuming has egg in it), and she's allergic to egg?

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#2652 Old 02-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

Wait, let me get this straight.. She ate her own version of an egg mcmuffin (which I'm assuming has egg in it), and she's allergic to egg?

I'm confused also.
#2653 Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

A "friend" of mine at uni is lactose intolerant. After telling everyone about his lactose intolerance, he ordered himself a large stuffed crust pizza (for those who don't know, the crust is stuffed with cheese) at Pizza Hut a couple of weeks ago and ate it all by himself, much to the shock of one of my other friends who watched him. He them spent the next day in lectures telling us all in glorious detail about how ill he'd been. My best mate, who is also lactose intolerant, asked him what he expected when he'd eaten that much cheese with lactose intolerance. He then claimed he didn't have lactose intolerance (bear in mind, he'd already told us he had). My best mate then quizzed him about when he felt ill after eating milk products, and declared he was in fact lactose intolerant. He then said, "Oh, thanks, I didn't want to know that." I mean, is it just me or d'you kind of have to know these things?!

Sorry, I went a bit off-topic there. But the stupidity of this guy really amazes me. He also said "well, duh, you're a vegetarian," when I complained I had a cold once, and thinks I'm an atheist "because you're too lazy to celebrate Christmas."

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black
#2654 Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 PM

I was on the Chicken website I like (I posted about it earlier -_-) and a new post caught my eye - now normally I avoid the 'Meat Birds' section but I noticed a really disturbing title - "How to kill a chicken when you're in the 5th grade". I clicked on it out of curiosity.

Turns out, a member had posted her little girl's latest school work - a step by step guide on how to kill a chicken and eat it. She'd drawn pictures too. It was the single most disgusting thing I've ever seen. When i read the comments i was even more horrified. Everyone commented wih stuff like 'Oh how precious' or 'You're very lucky to have such a clever little girl!'

I commented too. I probably shouldn't have but I was just so aghast. I said 'Cute? It's cute that an ten year old knows how to murder an animal?' I later got a message from one of the administators saying I offended people on the site so they had deleted my comment.

I was so mad, I was tempted to withdraw my registration but I really enjoy going on the other sections. Still - URGH!

#2655 Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Veggie Regular

It's ludicrous that they removed your comment. Ugh.
#2656 Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I had dinner with my mom and step-dad last night, so I got a few comments all from my step-dad (SD).

Me: I've been a vegan for over 3 months now!

SD: How many times have you cheated.

Me:... None.

SD: Don't lie.

Me: None!!!!!

SD: Not even for cake?

Me: I eat vegan cake.

SD: Can you have these? *points to pop tarts*

Me: No, they have gelatin.

SD: So?

Me: It's from an animal.

Me:...

SD: Can you have these? *points to bananas*

Me:....Yes

SD: Really?

Me....

SD: Can you have these? *points to milk chocolate covered raisins*

Me: No.

SD: Why? You can have chocolate.

Me: It's MILK chocolate. It has MILK in it.

Me: I'M A VEGAN!
#2657 Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsalive View Post

OH, I have another:

My friend Gordon's mom made friendship bread, and Gordon brought some in to school to share with his friends.

Gordon: Hey dude, this stuff is AWESOME! You have to try it!

me: Dude, no thanks, it's probably not vegan.

Gordon: *rolls eyes* Just try it!

Me: Dude, I said no thanks, it's not vegan.

Gordon: PLEASE!?

Me: *takes small bite* Yeah, I'm sure this isn't vegan.

Gordon: Well my mom said you could have it.

Me: Doesn't your mom think I'm a vegetarian?

Gordon: No, she knows you're a vegan.

Me: Whatever. Find out what she makes it with and then I'll consider eating it.

*Next day*

Gordon: Dude, my mom told me the ingredients!

Me: So can I have it?

Gordon: Yep!

Me: Really?

Gordon: Yup! She said she made it with lactose-free milk so you could have it!

Me: ...

Gordon: (is lactose intolerant) What?

Me: You do realize that lactose free milk is just cow milk without lactose, right?

Gordon: Oh... It is?

Me: Yes Gordon...

I'm sorry, I haven't read all the way through these posts because there are soooo many and I haven't eaten all day being stuck on here! lol! But THIS ONE CRACKED ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!! Poor Gordon :S

xx J
#2658 Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaVegan View Post

I had dinner with my mom and step-dad last night, so I got a few comments all from my step-dad (SD).

Me: I've been a vegan for over 3 months now!

SD: How many times have you cheated.

Me:... None.

SD: Don't lie.

Me: None!!!!!

SD: Not even for cake?

Me: I eat vegan cake.

SD: Can you have these? *points to pop tarts*

Me: No, they have gelatin.

Me: It's from an animal.

Me:...

SD: Can you have these? *points to bananas*

Me:....Yes

SD: Really?

Me....

SD: Can you have these? *points to milk chocolate covered raisins*

Me: No.

SD: Why? You can have chocolate.

Me: It's MILK chocolate. It has MILK in it.

Me: I'M A VEGAN!

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have read. Bananas? Really?
#2659 Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictarian View Post

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have read. Bananas? Really?

Oh you'd be amazed what people think. My brother wouldn't touch a banana because he thought they were full of saturated fat and cholesterol.

My Vegan Food Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2660 Old 02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I just got this one from an article complaining about the unhealthiness of fast food products (DUH!), and all the weird ingredients in them, etc... (emphasis mine).

"Most salami is made from slaughterhouse leftovers that are gathered using advanced meat recovery, which sounds like a rehab center for vegans but is actually a mechanical process that strips the last remaining bits of muscle off the bone so nothing is wasted."

SERIOUSLY!!!! WTF!!!!!

Article can be found here
#2661 Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I watched a show last night called Food Tech. I think it's on the History Channel. Anyway, last night's show focused on southern fried foods. They showcased many things that were disturbing, however, I'll point out two. The first was the alligator farm. I just. Wow. No words for how densely these critters are packed into dark pits. It really twisted my heart to watch. The second and what relates to the above post is the segment regarding catfish farms. They've mechanized so much of the actual fish processing including machines specifically designed to cut a fish in two I was astonished. Sometimes I cannot believe the cold inhumanity that we display. I cannot even imagine conceptualizing the creation of such a monstrous machine to begin with. It just smacks to me of the stuff horror films are made from.

My Vegan Food Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2662 Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

From the website

Quote:
For around 16 years, from about 1974 I was a vegetarian and fish was the main source of my diet, plus fish oil which was taken regularly

ÂIf man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.  Mark Twain
#2663 Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

A teacher at my school mentioned that she was a vegetarian yesterday. This was a conversation that took place today.

M=me, H=her

M: So, you're a vegetarian? I am too!

H: Yup

M: How long have you been a vegetarian?

H: Since 1992!

M: Oh wow!

Random person: But you eat fish, right?

H: Yes. And ever since I lost a baby in my first pregnancy, chicken too.

M: I see.....

H: And my husband makes the BEST pork chops, so sometimes I'll have one.

M: I don't eat any meat....

H: But fish is so GOOD for you, that's why I do

M: Um.... I'm trying to go vegan.... My mom is upset about that though.

H: Well, ya, eggs and milk are so good for you! It's dangerous not to eat them!

M: ......................

*facepalm*

ÂIf man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.  Mark Twain
#2664 Old 02-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in my second month of being vegan, and I thought I'd got off lightly. Then my ex-idiot husband came to collect my son today. He asked how we'd got on a dooctor's appt this week, so i told him all was well etc. Then my little man said the doctor said his vegan diet with mummy was fine as long as he got his variety. This is what followed:

Ex: You know he'll die if he doesn't eat meat?

Me: WHAT?

Ex: He needs vitamins and minerals that are all only available in red meat.

Me: WHAT?

Ex: Don't look at me like that - you know it's true. Meat has everything in it that he needs. You're making him miss the food he loves.

Me: No I'm not, he loves my cooking whether it has meat in it or not!

Ex: Well he's having a chicken dinner tonight. He need the vitamins.

Me: But that's white meat and you said he needs red meat... anyway, the red meat only has stuff you think he needs because farmers pump it into the animals.

Ex: You think you're so f***** clever don't you? Who told you that S***?

Me: er... it's fact, look it up.

Ex: I've had enough of this.

Me: Look, would you just look up veganism and check it out, then you'll know he can get everything he needs from plant based foods?

Ex: No. He can't, and you know I'm right...

What really pissed me off, apart from him saying I'm killing my son, was my son saying to me in front of his daddy, "I want to eat meat, and I don't want to be a vegetarian but I'll do it here, and eat meat at dad's." He'd never said anything like that in six weeks - he even said to me earlier in the day he was going to tell dad he didn't want meat today.

*Off to hire a hitman* <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<JOKE!
#2665 Old 02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

That must be terrible. Ignorant people are the worst.
#2666 Old 02-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh Milliebert, I'm so sorry. I feel so sorry for your son in this situation, no matter what he says, he's going to be wrong in someone's eyes. That's a very tough spot for a little guy to be in. Your ex, obviously, is wrong and not willing to do any research. Honestly, I don't think you are going to be able to force him feed your son a veggie diet while he has him. Hopefully, your little guy will make choices from what he learns from you. Maybe you can get some back up from a doctor about a healthy vegan diet that you can give your ex.

((hugs))
#2667 Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Beginner

This is my first post on here besides my into.

This guy is a few years younger than me and I know him through an ex-boyfriend from a couple years ago. We are friends on a social networking site. He usually posts something mean any time I post something about animal rights (video, cause). I have always ignored it in the past and usually try to ignore peoples negative attitudes toward the issue, but tonight I gave up. I'm usually not this argumentative because I don't believe that helps the cause and its tiring. But I guess I am just fed up tonight. I entered the sexiest vegetarian contest on Peta this year and I published a thing for my friends to vote for me if they wish. The conversation JUST happened, so it may continue...but I am going to avoid replying to him if possible. I don't like chatting with people who call me names every second because they don't like my lifestyle. Here is the convo:

HIM: vegetarian? SINCE when...shame

ME: Shame on you for bashing a friend for being compassionate towards animals. Why does me not eating animals bother you anyways?...

HIM: it aint that .. i just dont like the fad of being a vegetarian..though i also dont understand why people would be a veggie

ME: Its not a fad. People have been doing it for hundreds of years. Grow up. I don't understand why someone would want to put a dead carcass in their mouth and digest it, but I don't go commenting on peoples posts about eating a chicken sandwich.

HIM: dont act all high and mighty and be a ***** bethany i meant its a fad amongst scene kids.. and it was a simple lil comment i didnt bash u for it . i just didnt know u were.. gah stop being so defensive for ur lil choices

ME: Well, I suggest you take a 2nd look at the way your teeth are made. Our teeth are completely different from carnivores that can shred raw meat and kill an animal for food and....SURVIVAL. Our closest animal relatives are 99% vegetarian. Humans can survive off of fruits and veggies and that does not take a life of a sentient being. I am not being a *****. YOU are being one, obviously for calling me an idiot and saying its a shame. If you don't like people being a vegetarian, dont be one. Easy.

HIM: are u seriously getting an attitude towards me over that lil comment.. dont be a ***** bethany.. and yeah our teeth arent like carnivores cause guess wat... we are omnivores .. we have teeth for both..and yeah our closest relative may be 99 % vegetarian.. but u know what that means.. it means they eat meat so they arnt vegetarians.. and i never ... See Morecalled u stupid but im thinking it now since u gave me those stupid answers back.... we were made to eat MEAT and FRUITS AND VEGGIES.. embrace both.. or would u rather the cow be set free so it can live a full happy life out in the wilderness.. . i dc about ppl being vegetarians ..i just dont like stupid ppl who just like cuddly things being a vegetarian. and i call u stupid cause u support peta

ME: They eat bugs. And not very often. We aren't wild animals - end of story. Anyways....to answer your question. I have been a vegetarian for about 3 years.

ME: Also...I feel sorry for whoever goes out with you. You better not call your girlfriend or wife a ***** every time they have an opposing viewpoint.
#2668 Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Beginner

This is my first post on here besides my into.

This guy is a few years younger than me and I know him through an ex-boyfriend from a couple years ago. We are friends on a social networking site. He usually posts something mean any time I post something about animal rights (video, cause). I have always ignored it in the past and usually try to ignore peoples negative attitudes toward the issue, but tonight I gave up. I'm usually not this argumentative because I don't believe that helps the cause and its tiring. But I guess I am just fed up tonight. I entered the sexiest vegetarian contest on Peta this year and I published a thing for my friends to vote for me if they wish. The conversation JUST happened, so it may continue...but I am going to avoid replying to him if possible. I don't like chatting with people who call me names every second because they don't like my lifestyle. Here is the convo:

HIM: vegetarian? SINCE when...shame

ME: Shame on you for bashing a friend for being compassionate towards animals. Why does me not eating animals bother you anyways?...

HIM: it aint that .. i just dont like the fad of being a vegetarian..though i also dont understand why people would be a veggie

ME: Its not a fad. People have been doing it for hundreds of years. Grow up. I don't understand why someone would want to put a dead carcass in their mouth and digest it, but I don't go commenting on peoples posts about eating a chicken sandwich.

HIM: dont act all high and mighty and be a ***** bethany i meant its a fad amongst scene kids.. and it was a simple lil comment i didnt bash u for it . i just didnt know u were.. gah stop being so defensive for ur lil choices

ME: Well, I suggest you take a 2nd look at the way your teeth are made. Our teeth are completely different from carnivores that can shred raw meat and kill an animal for food and....SURVIVAL. Our closest animal relatives are 99% vegetarian. Humans can survive off of fruits and veggies and that does not take a life of a sentient being. I am not being a *****. YOU are being one, obviously for calling me an idiot and saying its a shame. If you don't like people being a vegetarian, dont be one. Easy.

HIM: are u seriously getting an attitude towards me over that lil comment.. dont be a ***** bethany.. and yeah our teeth arent like carnivores cause guess wat... we are omnivores .. we have teeth for both..and yeah our closest relative may be 99 % vegetarian.. but u know what that means.. it means they eat meat so they arnt vegetarians.. and i never ... See Morecalled u stupid but im thinking it now since u gave me those stupid answers back.... we were made to eat MEAT and FRUITS AND VEGGIES.. embrace both.. or would u rather the cow be set free so it can live a full happy life out in the wilderness.. . i dc about ppl being vegetarians ..i just dont like stupid ppl who just like cuddly things being a vegetarian. and i call u stupid cause u support peta

ME: They eat bugs. And not very often. We aren't wild animals - end of story. Anyways....to answer your question. I have been a vegetarian for about 3 years.

ME: Also...I feel sorry for whoever goes out with you. You better not call your girlfriend or wife a ***** every time they have an opposing viewpoint.
#2669 Old 02-19-2010, 11:34 PM

I haven't had any weird convo's yet, but my husband has...

(My Husband's workmate)" I can't eat anything that hasn't been killed first" ... then points out that he's hungry and ASKS my husband if he can have his other banana! lol.

In my opinion, my husband should have stomped on it right there and gone "here you go!" ... with a big smile!

xx J
#2670 Old 02-20-2010, 09:04 AM

I was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts suddenly said that he hated vegans. He then went off on a long rant. Apparently he read something by a vegan talking about how cows are sacred in India and dogs are sacred in America and to vegans all animals are sacred. The host then said that the native americans worshipped buffalo and revered them and when they ate them it was if they were offering up their body as a gift. What the hell is that? I wouldn't want somebody to revere me then kill me and devour my corpse, that's not a gift. Gifts have to be freely given. A few years ago I listened to him flinch and not want to hear anything more when he heard a dog was being starved for art in Panama and he found it too painful, yet he'll talk about how he loves milk and nothing is delicious without butter. The cognitive dissonance is insane.

It reminds me of another podcaster, someone who cried and was immobile in his grief for an hour when he saw a bird being killed by another bird outside and he talks about how he can't stand to have animals hurt. But a few episodes later he'll be going on about his love for duck and chicken and everything. How can they claim to love animals and perpetrate this cruelty on them for their own selfish desires?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page