School lunch... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-27-2009, 05:04 PM

The only thing they have at school is chicken

and it really pisses me off, I do have the option to make my own lunch, but I am too lazy...

sometimes at school they have pizza but thats all, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I feel bad for having pizza every other day cause its bad for you,

I want to eat healthy , school is the only thing stopping me

My school is stupid

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM

I think the only option is to make your own lunch. You should try to get more healthy (and veg-friendly!) meals added to your school, but in the mean time, bring something from home.
#3 Old 04-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

^^^ yep.

take lunch. stop being lazy. its not a tricky or time consuming thing to do really- grab a banana, some trail mix, blob some peanut butter and jelly into a sandwich, throw some leftovers from dinner into a pot, etc. doesn't have to be an epic undertaking.

and certainly talk to your school about the menu options too. its certainly not acceptable if they don't have anything without meat in it at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, no sympathy for laziness. You could also petition your school to offer healthy vegetarian lunches every day -- though honestly, it would probably take more time and effort than making your own lunch, and wouldn't go anywhere... whereas bringing your lunch is its own reward.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#5 Old 04-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

If you make your lunch the night before instead of early in the morning then laziness really can't be that much of an excuse. Do it right after dinner. And be creative! No need for PB&J everyday.
#6 Old 04-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I never spend longer than five minutes on the lunches I take to school.

Foods I bring:

Wraps with: tomatoes, hummus, and lettuce; black beans, salsa, and tomatoes; PB and raisins; rice and beans; mashed chickpeas with nutritional yeast or "mayo"; or left-overs. I almost always have some fruit on the side side, but you could bring a bag of chips if you prefer.

I also bring salads with beans, nuts or avocado, veggies, mixed greens and maybe even with rice from last night's dinner.

Or, sometimes, if I'm feeling really adventurous, I bake some tofu the night before and throw it on a sandwich.

Making lunch does not have to be a big production. Just put something together and go! If you ever need some inspiration, try looking at veganlunchbox.blogspot.com.
#7 Old 04-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I never spend longer than five minutes on the lunches I take to school.

Foods I bring:

Wraps with: tomatoes, hummus, and lettuce; black beans, salsa, and tomatoes; PB and raisins; rice and beans; mashed chickpeas with nutritional yeast or "mayo"; or left-overs. I almost always have some fruit on the side, but you could bring a bag of chips if you prefer.

Salads with stuff like beans, nuts or avocado, veggies, and mixed greens.

Sometimes, if I'm feeling really adventurous, I bake a few slices of tofu the night before and make a sandwich the next morning or chop them up on top of my salads.

Making lunch does not have to be a big production. Just put something together and go! If you ever need a little inspiration, try looking at veganlunchbox.blogspot.com.
#8 Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree with the others about packing a lunch. My husband takes laziness to a whole new level but even he will pack his own lunch after dinner. I always cook extra for just this reason. It takes two minutes to put the food in a container.

Or make a PB & J sandwich.

Or take some hummus with pita.

Or take a frozen dinner and nuke it in the microwave.

There are so many options!
#9 Old 04-28-2009, 02:40 AM
Beginner

In Australia we don't have school cafeterias when we lived in America I was always amazed by them. We do have canteens but they have extremely limited options. Making your own lunch isn't hard I've been doing it since year six. I either chuck leftovers into a container and take to school, or do a quick salad. Every weekend I'll make muffins or some other baked good which last the week which is easy to take to school. It really only takes like 5 minutes out of your day. I often have soup (homemade miso, cauliflower whatever happens to be in the freezer) heated up and stuck in a thermos, a salad and a muffin. They are all quick and easy to make and you can do whatever with them, make the salad up the night before, in the morning stick soup in microwave. pour into Thermos, grab salad and muffin, it really isn't hard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page